[RELEASE:] Interstellar Tweak OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Re: [RELEASE:] Interstellar Tweak OXP

Post by UK_Eliter »

Solonar wrote:
The link you are showing here takes me to a log in page rather than displaying the file to be downloaded.
Oops. Fixed.
Solonar
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Solonar »

In reference to the Fer-de-Lance 3G OXP, since the 3G+ model has become my ship of choice and is connected to the Interstellar Tweak OXP: I'm not sure if you realize this but the template in the shipdata.plist labeled "ferdelance3G+Template" has no max_missile value in the template. It results in this ship having a missile capacity of zero (0). I have been plugging in the max missile value myself with each update of this OXP that you release.

SolarTech proudly presents the Plasma Turret Regulator Device Apparatus, aka the Turret Toggler
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

Solonar wrote:
In reference to the Fer-de-Lance 3G OXP, since the 3G+ model has become my ship of choice and is connected to the Interstellar Tweak OXP: I'm not sure if you realize this but the template in the shipdata.plist labeled "ferdelance3G+Template" has no max_missile value in the template. It results in this ship having a missile capacity of zero (0). I have been plugging in the max missile value myself with each update of this OXP that you release.
Dear Solonar

No, I didn't realise this. (There's so much to keep track off and hence, doing such stuff as a hobby, such things can fall between the cracks.) Thanks for pointing out the mistake. (I fly the 3G+(t) model myself. . I'm glad you like the 3G+ model.) I've uploaded a new version of the OXP, labelled 4.12, that does the needful.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

Dear all

I've uploaded a new version of this OXP (and indeed new versions of all my OXPs).

Download location (which is the same as previously): http://www.box.net/shared/moreq536ht

This new version of InterstellarTweaks adds some scenarios (as well as dropping a few rare ones) and makes the player more likely to encounter previously unusual scenarios.

'Share and enjoy'.
JD
Deadly
Deadly

Post by JD »

I've just noticed this entry in my latest log:

Code: Select all

13:29:55.305 [shipData.merge.failed]: ***** ERROR: one or more shipdata.plist entries have like_ship references that cannot be resolved: IST_derelict_CobraIIIRustyRich, ST_mil20
I can see the reason for the ST_mil20 message, as this has a like_ship reference to a "superSidewinderPolMil", which I'm guessing is in the Super Sidewinder oxp, which I don't have installed.

However, I'm not so sure about the IST_derelict_CobraIIIRustyRich error, which has:

"IST_derelict_CobraIIIRustyRich" = 
	{
		like_ship = "IST_derelict_CobraIIIRusty";
That seems to be a valid reference to the ship entry that immediately precedes it:

"IST_derelict_CobraIIIRusty" = 
	{
		is_external_dependency = yes;
		like_ship = "cobra3M2-trader";
I'm guessing that because the IST_derelict_CobraIIIRusty declares an external dependency, if the cobra3M2-trader isn't found it doesn't report an error itself, but later dependencies do.

I've just added

is_external_dependency = yes;
to the IST_derelict_CobraIIIRustyRich and ST_mil20 ship entries and the errors are no longer reported.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

Thanks JD. I've fixed those errors, and another bit of the code (ship declaration) set to cause the same problem.

I'll upload a new version of the OXP, which also makes a few other changes - in the service mainly of generating exciting scenarios more often - within a day or two.

Cheers.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

UPDATED version - version 3.1 = now available from http://www.box.net/shared/moreq536ht

Changes since previous version (= 3.03):
- made unexpected witchdrive malfunction slightly more likely;
- increased chance of entering empty interstellar space;
- tweaked some values, some of which make exciting scenarios more likely;
- fixed some small bugs identified (thanks!) by user 'JD'.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

New version (3.2) available from same address as before. New and improved!
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

Version 4 of Interstellar Tweaks is now out. It contains significant optimisations and also, hopefully, a bit more interest. Please report any problems here. Thanks!
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

Version 4.1 released. From its 'readme':
Changes since 4.0 = numerous small improvements:
- added some new scenarios;
- optimisations;
- adjusted a few probabilities;
- fixed some minor bugs.
Share and enjoy.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

Oops, there was small bug (whereby not all of the Thargoids that should be 'rebel' - which is a feature new with version 4.1 of the OXP) - actually were. Fixed now in version 4.15 (and I've added a small addition, too . .). Apologies. Same download link as in the post immediately above.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

Version 4.3 is now out (available via the wiki and more directly from here). From the 'readme' for this version:

---------------------------------------
CHANGELOG of recent changes
---------------------------------------

Changes since 4.1
- Added better support for the 'fuel collector' OXP, via a *revised* version of the patch that is listed below under the title 'PATCH FOR THE FUEL COLLECTOR OXP'. Please note that (because the Fuel Collector OXP lacks a license) the patch **must be manually implemented**.
- Changed-cum-fixed the behaviour of derelict ships.
- Made naval ships less likely to immediately jump out when they are alone in witchspace.
- Made it more probable that one will encounter various interesting things. [NB! ***********]
- Made witchspace sickness a little less likely (but slightly more likely to kill when you do get it).
- Fixed various bugs.
- Optimisations.
- A few other small changes, including to a certain hijacked ship.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [UPDATE:] Interstellar Tweaks

Post by UK_Eliter »

Dear all

A new version of my Interstellar Tweaks expansion pack is available for download: This version is compatible with Oolite 1.8 and not compatible with earlier versions of Oolite. Bugs have been fixed and code optimised but there are not really any substantial changes in functionality.

The previous version of Interstellar Tweaks - a version that is compatible with Oolite <1.8 - is available via the old OXP list and my usual box.net address.

Recommended expansion packs to install along side this one (i.e. which this one takes advantage of) are as follows. Entries in italics are especially recommended.

Armoury
Behemoth
Electronic Thumb
Enhanced MisJump (which changes the 'tunnel' effect when one misjumps)
Extra Thargoids (version 4)
Fer-de-Lance 3G (version 6)
Fuel Collector (which my code hacks in order to make the collector work well with Oolite 1.8; note also that, by the design of this OXP, fuel collection is very slow in interstellar space)
Galactic Navy
Generation Ships (note: the present expansion pack will - for one thing - make generation ships rarer);
Interstellar Help
Military Fiasco
Missionaries
mPakRedux (a.k.a. 'Rusties')
TCAT (= 'To Catch a Thargoid')
Thargoid Carrier (this will considerably increase the thargoid threat - though it can be offset somewhat via my Fer-de-Lance 3G expansion pack)
Thargorn_Threat (preferably version 1.5.2 or above)
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

Updated to version 5.01. Change: fixed a bug affecting setups that do not have the Fuel Collector OXP installed. Available as OXZ download from http://www.oolite.org/oxps/ and from the in-game downloader. Cheers.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE:] Interstellar Tweaks OXP

Post by UK_Eliter »

A new version of Interstellar Tweaks - namely, version 6.6 - is available from the in-game download manager.

Interstellar Tweaks already did things with the Missionaries OXP by Dr Nil; but now my OXP does more with that other expansion pack than it did before.

In short, there is now a greater abundance of . . lobsters. Here is some more detail about that.
* The chance of encountering worshippers of the 'witchspace lobster' (these being critters supplied by the Missionaries OXP) has been increased (and you are most likely to meet them, in interstellar space, in galaxies 4 and 8, and if you have a very high combat rating).
* There are liable to be more of these criters in any one encounter than was the case before, especially in one of the aforementioned galaxies.
* There are now some special lobster enthusiasts . .[/list]

In small groups - *small* groups - these holy warriors pose little threat to a well equipped and skillful combattier ('combater'? How does one spell that?).

Now the Missionaries OXP is an OXP strictly so-called, i.e. it is not in the OXZ format. So it needs to be installed into one's AddOns folder manually. Here is the download link and here is a (somewhat bare) information page.

There have been a few other updates to Interstellar Tweaks lately too. Each of those updates tried to make some small improvement - sometimes to performance, sometimes in other ways.

Note that coming to encounter the lobster-fanciers may take some time, but I've tried to increase not only the chance of meeting them but also the chance of a few other interesting things happening in interstellar space, in that I've upped the probabilities of some of my more outré scenarios. A bit.