Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

APRIL OXP (Automated Pylon Re-arm In-flight Loader)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

sdrubble
Deadly
Deadly

Re: APRIL OXP (Automated Pylon Re-arm In-flight Loader)

Post by sdrubble »

Hi Duggan,
Duggan wrote:
APRIL working fine now thanks for the update. :)
if you are (still ?) using this stuff with The Dark Rainbow it means you'd sorta have 48 pylons available... :shock: How the hell do you manage THAT ??? :twisted:

EDIT 1: erm... somehow I managed to miss the 2nd page of this thread entirely before posting this... :oops: I'm losing the hang of this stuff it seems... :cry:

EDIT 2: well now that I've already managed to botch and patch this post, I might as well retrofit it a bit - :o
Thargoid wrote:
... if you combine APRIL, Repair Bots (or more specifically repair system) and perhaps HyperCargo, you have a fair basis for what could be reimagined as a crew OXP...
mmm... not quite there yet, IMHO...

unless, of course, such a 'crew OXP' would also allow simultaneous tracking & firing from multiple turrets at multiple targets... :roll: :twisted: :mrgreen:
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

Hello sdrubble
if you are (still ?) using this stuff with The Dark Rainbow it means you'd sorta have 48 pylons available... :shock: How the hell do you manage THAT ??? :twisted:
I agree with all those who would think that under normal circumstances 48 I Missiles extend the boundaries of credulity... I am a tad stunned myself to begin with... However....(Why is there always an However :D ) I am also running the galactic navy OXP and some of those Thargoid engagements are humungous and drain pylons quicker than whotsisname after a fiery curry. Even in the aftermath of those engagements the DCN gets a proper workout often flying in empty space for a good half hour to get stuff working again. Talk about limping to the nearest station... I have been fairly crippled even with an uber ship.

So you see ..those that use oxps are not necessarily always weakening or unbalancing the game . in some cases they make it more balanced especially against a thargoid armada :)
Flying Python Class Cruiser, Chapter & Verse IV
sdrubble
Deadly
Deadly

Post by sdrubble »

:lol:
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

On the subject of a ridiculous amount of missiles, I have to admit that, just because I could, I've made a small amendment to Killit.oxp. Each Killit™ Supermissile is now automagically replaced immediately after firing it, thus giving me an unlimited amount of missiles. :mrgreen:

It should be noted, however, that I don't ever use missiles during normal game play (neither Killit nor any other variety). So it's just a stupid fun addition that allows me to go on a totally overblown killing spree if I ever want to tackle my aggression issues. :twisted:
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

Commander McLane wrote:
It should be noted, however, that I don't ever use missiles during normal game play (neither Killit nor any other variety). So it's just a stupid fun addition that allows me to go on a totally overblown killing spree if I ever want to tackle my aggression issues. :twisted:
Like the saved game I have in Wolfenstein 3D that I made in the 1990s. A few steps forward and round a corner are a line of German guards, back to the camera. And there's me with a fully-loaded chain gun. I can either blast them with the sound turned right up, or walk quietly up behind each one and knife him in the back.

Very relaxing. Very calming. And quicker than yoga.
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

SandJ wrote:
Like the saved game I have in Wolfenstein 3D that I made in the 1990s. A few steps forward and round a corner are a line of German guards, back to the camera. And there's me with a fully-loaded chain gun. I can either blast them with the sound turned right up, or walk quietly up behind each one and knife him in the back.
Ahh, the memories! I liked the knife approach myself!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Updated this OXP to v1.02, due to a small problem with the script (awarding the military expansion incorrectly when the game is reloaded).

With thanks to Capt Murphy for the bug report.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Post by UK_Eliter »

My 40th OXP [. .]
Good Lord. And then some.
to celebrate my 40th year
Happy birthday!

Downloading. . .
richard.a.p.smith
Deadly
Deadly

Post by richard.a.p.smith »

Hello. I have this OXP (1.02 with 1.76.1) installed and, while I don't use it much, notice that I don't have the military upgrade any longer on the SuperCobra. I have had it but it's gone for some reason and I now have only the basic version. I think it might have been subjected to some battle damage at some point. The upgrade is not available at a system with a suitable TL. I can't see anything in the log files to suggest an error, just references to the version of the oxp and the worldscript (1.02). If it helps, here are the save file entries with "april":

<key>EQ_APRIL</key>
<integer>1</integer>

<key>mission_aprilExpanded</key>
<string>true</string>
<key>mission_aprilFull</key>
<string>true</string>
<key>mission_aprilLoad</key>
<string>4</string>
<key>mission_aprilMemory</key>
<string>EQ_HARDENED_MISSILE:EQ_HARDENED_MISSILE:EQ_HARDENED_MISSILE:EQ_HARDENED_MISSILE</string>

Any ideas? Rich.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

I think you've hit the nail on the head with the damage idea. I'll look into it more, but to get it going again (at least to be able to re-buy it and restore it) just change the mission_aprilExpanded key from true to false.

I'll look into the OXP next week and see if I can see where things are going wrong and adjust it.
richard.a.p.smith
Deadly
Deadly

Thargoid wrote:
I think you've hit the nail on the head with the damage idea. I'll look into it more, but to get it going again (at least to be able to re-buy it and restore it) just change the mission_aprilExpanded key from true to false.

I'll look into the OXP next week and see if I can see where things are going wrong and adjust it.
Thanks. It's a good idea, by the way, and as ever thanks for putting time into it. I keep telling myself I should try to learn how to use missiles properly with the multiple-targetting things, thus the purchase, but never get around to doing it. Ta, Rich.
richard.a.p.smith
Deadly
Deadly

Thargoid wrote:
to get it going again (at least to be able to re-buy it and restore it) just change the mission_aprilExpanded key from true to false.
Yes, it's worked. Ta, Rich.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

OK, I just updated this OXP to v1.03 to fix an issue identified with its use of mission variables to store a few settings (mostly affecting the availability of the military expansion if not bought immediately).

The update corrects this problem, but no modification is needed to save games as it switches the boolean usage to the string equivalent (which is how they're stored anyway).

Download is via the links below as normal.
Falcon777
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Falcon777 »

Like Richard Smith, I find my pylon system disappearing. However, it isn't due to battle damage as I haven't let my shields be penetrated in a while (yay for the cloak, anyone?, lol). While I have the april pylon reloader, it is great as it extends how many fuel tanks I can have loaded on my ship. But then it disappears after reloading the game every so often. Apart from the frustration of having to shell out 37500 credits just for the reloader, I also lose everything I had loaded on the stored pylons.

Sigh...

Frankly, it's getting tiring. The April system would be great if it didn't disappear on me. Any help as to what it might be?
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Can you please post up the mission variables from your save game please? I thought we'd squashed this bug with the current version of the OXP. Also please confirm which version of the OXP (and of the game) you are using. And also if there is anything reported in the log files when it happens that may be relevant.