[RELEASE] WildShips OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Keeper
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] WildShips OXP

Post by Keeper »

Hmm, looks like a year ago I introduced random coloring to the Duma (two variations), Nyoka and Chatu. Did I ever send that update to anyone?
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Keeper wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:42 pm
Hmm, looks like a year ago I introduced random coloring to the Duma (two variations), Nyoka and Chatu. Did I ever send that update to anyone?
I don't seem to have that. Send it to me and I'll include it to the OXP.
gsagostinho
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by gsagostinho »

Hey guys, here is one more suggestion for this OXP: perhaps it would be better if all these stations also required a docking clearence like most other dockables. I think that the only dockables that don't need clearence are the Rock Hermits, and that makes sense given what they are and their size. But with huge stations like this I think clarences would look much better. Also, it's relatively easy to collide with an departing ship which just materialized in front of you if clarences are not necessary. Would this be something easy to implement?
Astrobe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Astrobe »

gsagostinho wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:02 am
Hey guys, here is one more suggestion for this OXP: perhaps it would be better if all these stations also required a docking clearence like most other dockables. I think that the only dockables that don't need clearence are the Rock Hermits, and that makes sense given what they are and their size. But with huge stations like this I think clarences would look much better. Also, it's relatively easy to collide with an departing ship which just materialized in front of you if clarences are not necessary. Would this be something easy to implement?
Basically yes, all it takes is to have

Code: Select all

requires_docking_clearance = yes;
in the relevant shipyard.plist entry. In the specific case of Wildships, all Kyota stations inherit from wildShips_kiota4Ring, so adding the key for this station info should be enough. You can even do that by creating a shipdata-overrides.plist file outside of the OXZ.

I am currently testing a modification OXZ that does that, but also restricts Wildships to spawn only one station at most and only near the sun. It also prevents it from replacing the main station.
gsagostinho
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by gsagostinho »

@Astrobe Great, thanks, I just added that to my local copy!
Rustem
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Rustem »

I had an uncertainty about right size of the Duma (mass = 812000).

Questions: Duma has right size? It is tanker?

Ship mass:
wildShips_nyoka - 79000
wildShips_chatu - 631000
wildShips_tembo - 405000
wildShips_duma - 812000
Rustem
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Rustem »

I am understand this issue with strangle size the Duma. The Duma consist from 2 ships: simple Duma for assassin, hunter, courier(inter-system) and Duma Fleet Hauler for tanker roles(in-system).

Code: Select all

"wildShips_duma" = {
                "model_scale_factor" = 0.65;
	};
	"wildShips_dumaFleet" = {
                "max_cargo" = 125; //cargo capacity for trader
                "model_scale_factor" = 1.0;
	};
Then mass of wildShips_duma reduced from 812000 to 230000.

If accepted this understanding, then can be added in the wiki page about different ship classes the Duma.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

A tiny bug fix. Svengali spotted a call to a non existent function and that's now been remedied in version 1.11.3.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Another bugfix (1.11.4). This time spotted by dybal. Now the populator is actually adding proper manufactoring stations to industrial worlds instead of bio stations.
Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nite Owl »

Just out of curiosity is there a specific reason that the Kiota Stations do not have an external Navigation Buoy other than the fact that they are not coded? Handwavium reasoning and all that it entails would be acceptable. Have both WildShips and the Kiota Station Relocator OXZs in my Ooniverse. The Kiota Stations from WildShips are the only large stations that do not have a Navigation Buoy spinning away outside them. These buoys do make it easier to dock with a station but even without them manual docking is still easily achievable. Would like to have these buoys outside of the Kiota Stations simply as a matter of consistency. Any advice on how to easily achieve this would be appreciated. Several attempts have been made using snippets of code from other OXZs but all attempts have failed.

Thank You in advance for any advice and/or explanation that might be provided.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet

Brevity is the soul of wit and vulgarity is wit's downfall

Good Night and Good Luck - Read You Soon