[RELEASE] - Ico Station with Griff's textures V2 BETA

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] - Ico Station with Griff's textures V2 BETA

Post by Tricky »

Tichy wrote:
Just docked at Zaonce :)
The log file says that there are two missing textures:

Code: Select all

[files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "icofront_Diffuse.png".
[files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "Icogalcop_Diffuse.png".
The two files are there, but with different cases (linux filesystems are case sensitive): Icofront_Diffuse.ong and IcoGalcop_Diffuse.png

I renamed them and the problem was partially solved.
http://i.imgur.com/ISbij.png

There is still one error:

[gnustep]: 2012-07-13 01:14:14.413 oolite[10942] File NSData.m: 3032. In -[NSDataMappedFile initWithContentsOfMappedFile:] unable to open /home/stefano/.Oolite/AddOns/griff_Ico_normalmapped_alt_v2.0-Z.oxp/Textures/Icofront_Diffuse.png - ront_Diffuse.png
I tried to softlink icofront_Diffuse.png to "Icofront_Diffuse.png - ront_Diffuse.png", but without success.
"Use the sauce Luke!"

Rather than creating soft links (something the Windows version refuses to acknowledge even though Cygwin can handle), edit the shipdata plist. Wot I do. :P
Tichy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tichy »

Tricky wrote:
Rather than creating soft links (something the Windows version refuses to acknowledge even though Cygwin can handle), edit the shipdata plist. Wot I do. :P
I tried to edit shipdata.plist before, but I don't really know how oxps works... I tried to change the file cases in shipdata, but it didn't work. Maybe there were some other files to check, but I couldn't find them. So, i decided to rename those files and create that softlink (to avoid duplicating the file).
But I think that the correct fix is to change the oxp to make it load the textures using the correct cases. Otherwise, all users with case sensitive filesystems will have my same problem. :)
Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tricky »

Tichy wrote:
Tricky wrote:
I tried to edit shipdata.plist before, but I don't really know how oxps works... I tried to change the file cases in shipdata, but it didn't work. Maybe there were some other files to check, but I couldn't find them. So, i decided to rename those files and create that softlink (to avoid duplicating the file).
But I think that the correct fix is to change the oxp to make it load the textures using the correct cases. Otherwise, all users with case sensitive filesystems will have my same problem. :)
You're correct. Sorry if I sounded a bit sharp. Personally I use lower case for ALL filenames and no spacing. I replace spaces with the underscore character. Then I make sure my OXP links to the correct filename.
Tichy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tichy »

Don't worry. You didn't sound sharp to me. :)
Sorry if I seem rude. English is not my native language, and I'm not sure about how I write will be percieved. :)
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

Hi Tichy
If you edit a file inside an oxp such as renaming a texture or editing the shipdata.plist file, the next time you load Oolite you have to do so holding down the Shift key on your keyboard, Press the key as soon as Oolite starts loading and hold it down until the spinning Cobra III appears on the title screen, this make Oolite re-read in all the oxp folders, if you don't do this it won't notice your edits
Pleb
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Pleb »

Or you can open up the .GNUstepDefaults file with notepad++ (or a smiliar alternative), located in the \oolite.app\GNUstep\Defaults\ directory, and add the following:

always-flush-cache = "YES";
This way you don't have to wear out your shift key! :D
Desktop PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790K Quad Core 4.4GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti RAM: 32GB DDR3

Laptop PC: CPU: Intel i5-10300H Quad Core 4.5GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 RAM: 32GB DDR4
Tichy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tichy »

Thank you Griff and Pleb. I learned something new. :) I'll try it whith a clean installation of this oxp, when back home. If it works, could it be useful to someone if I post the fixed shipdata file?
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Tichy wrote:
If it works, could it be useful to someone if I post the fixed shipdata file?
Yep - and PM it to dertien, as well. <starts humming Radio Gnome Invisible>
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Tichy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tichy »

El Viejo wrote:
Tichy wrote:
If it works, could it be useful to someone if I post the fixed shipdata file?
Yep - and PM it to dertien, as well. <starts humming Radio Gnome Invisible>
uhmmm... has anybody made an oxp with flying teapot spaceships? :D

edit: I fixed the sources ;) There were three file to modify:

shipdata.plist http://pastebin.com/DHDEjvd3

icogalcop.dat http://pastebin.com/B3aWGBT3

icofront.dat http://pastebin.com/mzfGynud
Cody

Post by Cody »

Tichy wrote:
... has anybody made an oxp with flying teapot spaceships?
Not to my knowledge - we do have a flying witch, santa, tin of spam, and probably a few more oddities, though - so why not?
From The Internet
Above Average
Above Average

Post by From The Internet »

Duggan wrote:
Just a small enquiry..

Tezaeded and Erreenen in Galaxy 2 are Icosahedron Stations but even with this new oxp , they still appear as a vanilla Ico's ..Ergere in the same Galaxy is an Ico but bears the new oxp out to perfection.

Its not a big issue. I can easily live with the isolated Vanilla Ico here and there, but thought it worth a mention for the oxp developers in case they wanted to iron out the creases as I am aware that this is a beta release. :)
I'm completely new to Oolite and have no OXP experience, but I tried fixing this OXP by comparing its config with the config from Griff's Dodo station.

I changed the shipdata-overrides.plist to the following (the original one sets Griff's Coriolis station to unused - why?):

{ 

"icosahedron-station" = 
   { 
   roles = "unused"; 
   }; 
 }
I also included Tichy's fixes and changed a few things in the first few lines in the shipdata.plist:

"griff_ico_mainhull" =
   {
    like_ship = "icosahedron-station";
    name = "Icosahedron Station";
The last thing I did is editing the demoships.plist so it shows the new station in the main menu:

( 
 "griff_ico_mainhull"
)
I have no idea if this fixes everything or creates even more problems - as I said, I just compared it to Griff's Dodo station and made changes accordingly. What I can say is that the new Ico station shows up correctly in the main menu and works in Zaonce in G1. I can't say anything about Tezaeded and Erreenen in G2 because I don't have the time to travel there right now. :D

If anybody wants to try it out, I uploaded the modified OXP in my Dropbox: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14962729/griff ... v2.0-Z.zip

I hope that's okay, otherwise I'll put it down again.
Last edited by From The Internet on Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cody

Post by Cody »

From The Internet wrote:
I can't say anything about Tezaeded and Erreenen in G2 because I don't have the time to travel there right now.
Well... from a quick test, it works fine for the Ico station at Tetiri in G5. It does throw this - probably harmless - error though:

16:59:55.062 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "griff_coriolis_distance-map.png".
From The Internet
Above Average
Above Average

El Viejo wrote:
From The Internet wrote:
I can't say anything about Tezaeded and Erreenen in G2 because I don't have the time to travel there right now.
Well... from a quick test, it works fine for the Ico station at Tetiri in G5. It does throw this - probably harmless - error though:

16:59:55.062 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "griff_coriolis_distance-map.png".
I see... the shipdata.plist is looking for this file in line 32. I've checked Griff's Coriolis station (since the Ico uses its textures) but the file isn't there. Probably something Griff used only in earlier versions of his Coriolis.

I've changed the shipdata.plist so it doesn't look for the texture anymore (this should get rid of the error message).

I've updated the OXP in my Dropbox: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14962729/griff ... v2.0-Z.zip
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

( 
 "griff_ico_mainhull"
)
This model should, of course, be called dertien_ico_station or zgroovy_ico_station, since Griff did not create it.
From The Internet
Above Average
Above Average

Wildeblood wrote:

( 
 "griff_ico_mainhull"
)
This model should, of course, be called dertien_ico_station or zgroovy_ico_station, since Griff did not create it.
Of course, you are right. :)

I called it this way by accident because I compared it to Griff's Dodo station and didn't pay enough attention. I'll rename and reupload it.

EDIT: I renamed it to "dertien_ico_station". I didn't change the filename of the OXP though since that's the way dertien called it.