Ore Processor

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Re: Ore Processor

Post by phkb »

You could create a new commodity called "Slag" or something like that (defined as costing nothing, and no systems have it available), add 1t of it whenever ore is processed and produces gold/platinum/gemstones, transfer the processed cargo directly into the ship's safe and remove the splinter from the cargo hold. You could then utilise the functionality of the Bulk Cargo Processor to either dump or destroy the slag. Let me know if you need help doing this. I think it would be easy enough to implement. See the [EliteWiki] Trade-goods.plist wiki page for documentation on how to define a new commodity, and you could check out the Fuel Tweaks OXP for an example.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Interesting idea. How about making it an upgrade to the processor? With the basic processor you just get a lumb of whatever mineral it gives, but with an upgraded processor, the lumb is further processed to a more easily storageable form. It could also be so, that the andvanced processor is only available/possible for ships with big enough cargo space. The original processor attaches to the scoops, thus not taking space in the hold. More processing could mean sacrificing some cargo hold for the machinery. Just a thought.

Oh. And if someone seriously wants to take this oxp over, give it some love and much needed attention, I'm more than happy to step aside :mrgreen: .
phkb
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

spara wrote:
The original processor attaches to the scoops, thus not taking space in the hold.
Really? Oops. In Ship Config I've made the Ore Processor take up 5t of equipment space. Might have to rethink that one!
NewtSoup
Competent
Competent

Post by NewtSoup »

I'm sorely tempted by the idea of taking over Ore Processor. I really like the slag idea and making it a further upgrade to the ore processor. It's exactly what I had in mind. I've already mixed together sounds for the scanning and processing that I like better and added them to my custom version of Ore Processor.

I may upload those sounds for people to give feedback on a bit later.
NewtSoup
Competent
Competent

Post by NewtSoup »

NewtSoup
Competent
Competent

Post by NewtSoup »

spara wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:52 am
Oh. And if someone seriously wants to take this oxp over, give it some love and much needed attention, I'm more than happy to step aside :mrgreen: .
Yes, I'd like to take over this OXP. I'm a carebear at heart ( EVE online reference there ) and I like my mining vessels and features. I'm probably a good person to hand the baton to. I have plans and they do involve Ore Processor.
Bogatyr
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Bogatyr »

Or, you could use the Vacuum Pump, which is what I did when I was mining for precious metals/gems with a ship with a tiny hold. There are some bugs in Vacuum Pump that I fixed at one point but didn't get submitted back to the released OXP. Maybe I'll try to repeat those fixes again now that I'm Oolite-ing again...