Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

RELEASED Griff's No Shaders ShipSet

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

CaptSolo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Griff No Shaders Shipset Preview

Post by CaptSolo »

Here is the Gallery page after several hours taking screen captures in-game. Quite happy with some results but others not so much. Critique is welcome.

[EliteWiki] Griffs No Shaders Shipset
maik
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia (mainly industrial, feudal, TL12)

Post by maik »

The ships look great, CaptSolo, outstanding job!

Regarding the wiki page: for an alternative way of presenting a gallery, look for example at the custom paint jobs section of [wiki]Adder_(Oolite)[/wiki]. The gallery tag takes care of displaying all images at the same size and also allows for image descriptions. But it really is just a matter of taste.

You might want to add your ships to the custom paint job sections of the wiki pages for the original ships as well.
CaptSolo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CaptSolo »

maik wrote:
Regarding the wiki page: for an alternative way of presenting a gallery, look for example at the custom paint jobs section of [wiki]Adder_(Oolite)[/wiki]. The gallery tag takes care of displaying all images at the same size and also allows for image descriptions. But it really is just a matter of taste.

You might want to add your ships to the custom paint job sections of the wiki pages for the original ships as well.
Thanks Maik. Checked your reference and copied the code. On my todo list.
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

Wow man, those look absolutely fantastic! I'm really honoured that you spent so much time adapting and reworking the textures to get them looking at their absolute best -they look much nicer than the shadered versions! :D
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Nice work, Solo! I'll archive a copy of that shipset when you release it, just in case I'm ever suddenly unshadered.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
CaptSolo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CaptSolo »

Griff wrote:
Wow man, those look absolutely fantastic! I'm really honoured that you spent so much time adapting and reworking the textures to get them looking at their absolute best -they look much nicer than the shadered versions! :D
You're too kind. Whenever I do manage to get better hardware my first download will be your ship set. Just can't beat that lovely, shiny, metallic look without shaders.
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

CaptSolo wrote:
Griff wrote:
You're too kind. Whenever I do manage to get better hardware my first download will be your ship set. Just can't beat that lovely, shiny, metallic look without shaders.
They do look great Capt. Solo. It will be interesting to see how they look side by side with the originals on shader capable hardware.
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
CaptSolo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CaptSolo »

Terribly sorry for the long delay in releasing this OXP. I pushed my knee too soon working in the garden. Not good, but getting better.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

You don't need knees to release OXPs! :roll: Get on with it, man! :P
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Star Gazer
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: North Norfolk, UK, (Average Agricultural, Feudal States,Tech Level 8)

Post by Star Gazer »

Ahhh... ...smivs... you see, you're not just dealing with Brits here, you've got all sorts of wierd colonials and foreigners, completely lacking in moral fibre and substance! :wink:
Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my clothes...
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

Star Gazer wrote:
Ahhh... ...smivs... you see, you're not just dealing with Brits here, you've got all sorts of wierd colonials and foreigners, completely lacking in moral fibre and substance! :wink:
And what's the best way to differentiate between a genuine Brit and a colonial or foreigner?

The colonials and foreigners can spell. :(
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
CaptSolo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CaptSolo »

I love British humour! What I don't like is the pain that occurs within minutes sitting at my desktop. Okay, don't take me for a wimp, but it is rather discouraging. I still need to finish the addition shipdata plist and it's accompanying shipyard plist. I was also immersed in completing Coyote's Run for the second time. That damn Katik asteroid part takes time. Next to Random Hits it is my fav mission OXP.
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

CaptSolo wrote:
I love British humour! What I don't like is the pain that occurs within minutes sitting at my desktop.
You could always code and play standing up.... :wink:

The British need a good sense of humour these days - if you've got a really bad physical problem that prevents you sitting comfortably for any useful length of time and try and claim out of work sickness benefits as a result, unless there is other stuff wrong with you that is the answer you'll get - you are apparently completely fit for work because you could do a desk job standing up.
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Hi Solo,
and sorry for being cheeky...on a serious note I know how these things can be, and hope it is improving.
Get well soon. :)
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Star Gazer
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: North Norfolk, UK, (Average Agricultural, Feudal States,Tech Level 8)

Post by Star Gazer »

Gosh! I really started something with that throw away bit of British xenophobic humour! (and the failure to do a spelling check) :lol:

I blame it all on exposure to The Goons at a tender age, and the years of reinforcement from Monty Python and Farty Towels. (Don't Mention The War)

...and solo - I hope your knee sorts itself out very quickly, so that you can attend to your garden and your computer projects without pain.
Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my clothes...