Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

[RELEASE] New Cargoes OXP (1.2.3 released 9 February 2013)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: [RELEASE] New Cargoes OXP (1.0.0 released 10 April 2012)

Post by cim »

Oops. Missing comma in Config/world-scripts.plist

Code: Select all

"Stations/cargotypestationplanetfall.js"
should be

Code: Select all

"Stations/cargotypestationplanetfall.js",
I've uploaded a fixed 1.0.0 now, so you can either manually make that adjustment, or re-download it.

Sorry about that.
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

np, Thnx for the quick fix. Downloading it now :).
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: [WIP] New Cargoes OXP (0.8.0 released 31 March 2012)

Post by Thargoid »

cim wrote:
Thargoid: suspendPlayerManifest and restorePlayerManifest should make storing New Cargoes data with a virtual manifest fairly straightforward for you.
Thanks to both of you for working on compatibility.
Just had a look at making HyperCargo compatible, and there's a hitch. I will need a function to mergePlayerManifest, as HyperCargo can merge its stored cargo with existing cargo in the hold, as long as the total doesn't exceed the ships capacity. restorePlayerManifest doesn't support that, as it clears things out first before restoring.

It'll work for Vortex, but not HC as it stands. Anyway there's more details in your PM inbox. I'll sort out a compatible version of Vortex, but HyperCargo will take more work...
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

OK, to update:

Vortex - I've just uploaded v1.23, which is fully compatible with New Cargoes. If you use New Cargoes and fly a Vortex or a Maelstrom, please update your Vortex.oxp to v1.23.

HyperCargo - I've got a working version with NC, but it needs a new API that cim has kindly written for me. Once he has updated NC to make that generally available, I'll upload HyperCargo v1.05.
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Thargoid wrote:
Once he has updated NC to make that generally available, I'll upload HyperCargo v1.05.
Would you mind providing me with a preview of HyperCargo 1.05 and I can make a start on updating IGT to work with all 3?
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Sure. Link is in your inbox...
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: [RELEASE] New Cargoes OXP (1.0.1 released 12 April 2012)

Post by cim »

1.0.1 is now released. The only change is to the suspend/restore API, to add one function and to fix a bug where cargo origin information could be discarded when that API was used.

HyperCargo, Vortex and Maelstrom users should upgrade to 1.0.1; other users can consider it low priority if download bandwidth is limited.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: [RELEASE] New Cargoes OXP (1.0.3 released 15 April 2012)

Post by cim »

1.0.2 is now released to fix a bug with permits and misjumps found by Capt. Murphy.

1.0.3 is now also released, fixing a different permit related bug and adding two new API functions.
Wardy
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Wardy »

An interesting thing happened today. I was mining an asteroid, as I do when I have some free cargo space and found thanks to my ore processor a ton of radioactives. When I next docked, I caught part of a message, something about Terraforming Nanobots. Sure enough, when I checked my manifest, there they were. I was quite confused.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Wardy wrote:
An interesting thing happened today. I was mining an asteroid, as I do when I have some free cargo space and found thanks to my ore processor a ton of radioactives. When I next docked, I caught part of a message, something about Terraforming Nanobots. Sure enough, when I checked my manifest, there they were. I was quite confused.
Not the least plausible radioactives to find on an asteroid, but not the most plausible either. As far as New Cargoes is concerned, you had more radioactives when you docked than you did when you launched, so you must have scooped them up. If you scooped them up, then they could be anything, so sometimes it'll assign a special cargo flag to them (there are a few cargoes for which this is the easiest way to find them at all).

I'll see if there's a way I can treat ore-processor minerals a bit differently.
BuggyBY
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by BuggyBY »

I found an interesting bug. I had accepted an open contract to ship 25 TC of rum to Zaleriza, but when I got there some other trader had beaten me to the punch. Seeing as I'd paid 105 credits per ton for some booze that was now barely worth 20, I decided to keep it in my hold and see if there might not be a system that would pay me a more attractive price for it.
However, the next time I docked with another station, on my manifest my 25 tons of cargo were no longer listed as rum, but as cotton. As the price for that was even lower, I moved to the next system - and to my surprise, when I docked, the cotton had turned into slaves (Sexe Larsby's Political Dissidents, to be precise). Perhaps even stranger, in the normal cargo trade screen it's still listed as 25 tons of Liquor/Wines. What could explain all this switching around?
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

BuggyBY wrote:
I found an interesting bug. I had accepted an open contract to ship 25 TC of rum to Zaleriza, but when I got there some other trader had beaten me to the punch. Seeing as I'd paid 105 credits per ton for some booze that was now barely worth 20, I decided to keep it in my hold and see if there might not be a system that would pay me a more attractive price for it.
However, the next time I docked with another station, on my manifest my 25 tons of cargo were no longer listed as rum, but as cotton. As the price for that was even lower, I moved to the next system - and to my surprise, when I docked, the cotton had turned into slaves (Sexe Larsby's Political Dissidents, to be precise). Perhaps even stranger, in the normal cargo trade screen it's still listed as 25 tons of Liquor/Wines. What could explain all this switching around?
Thanks for the report.

The cargo types get re-used, so those are the cargo types for the next open contract. But it's not supposed to be setting up the new open contracts until you've somehow disposed of any cargo from the previous one.

If you sell it on the generic market that will work around the bug - I'll see if I can work out what's going wrong.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: [RELEASE] New Cargoes OXP (1.0.5 released 17 April 2012)

Post by cim »

1.0.4 is now released to fix the bugs with open contracts and Ore Processor outputs. Thank you both for the reports.

EDIT: and 1.0.5 fixed to stop a log error if the world scripts load in a certain order. If you don't see that error, you probably don't need to upgrade.
XLA
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post by XLA »

Hi Everybody. This is my first post. Let me say first of all OoLite is the best game ever ! :D

Anyway.
I have HyperCargo 1.06 & New Cargoes 1.0.5 installed. I have started the game with the Shift down to load these up (sorry i am still learning)

I had a Snooper tip to run Defence turrents (firearms) from Vetitice to anxeonis. A bought 40 tons. I also bought a permit to move these illegal items at the same time.
If i launch with these 40 tons in my main hold, i leave the station clean. If i Hypercargo these i get a offender status and get attacked by the patrolling police.

Is this a bug, or will this be a limit of the permit going forward ?

Also, I a happy flying a Warewolf at the moment. Max cargo in this is 40 Tons and another 40 tons in hypercargo. I wanted to take a 60 ton contract from the trade floor. This is not allowed as i don't have enough main cargo bay capaciity. Is this likely to be improved ?
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

XLA wrote:
Hi Everybody. This is my first post. Let me say first of all OoLite is the best game ever ! :D
Welcome to the forum, XLA!

Those are both bugs in the interaction between New Cargoes and HyperCargo, but neither is straightforward to fix. I'll have a think about ways to deal with it (or maybe Thargoid will have some ideas) but for now if you want to use both OXPs you should probably make sure that all New Cargoes that you want to be treated as such are in your main cargo hold at important moments.

(The limitation on open contracts is for your own protection from a more fundamental problem - when you do manage to find one for 40TC or less, make sure the contracted cargo is in your main hold when arriving at your destination!)