Anarchies 2.8 now available

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

FeelGone
Above Average
Above Average

Re: Anarchies 2.8 now available

Post by FeelGone »

Hope this is still the right thread. Anarchies is one of my favourite OXPs, such a great mixture of flavour, missions, and mechanics (that escape pod get-out was always far too tempting...).

I doubt this is possible because it would create too many compatibility/dependency issues, but mooting it anyway: is it possible to expand the equipment possibilities at the Salvage Gang to include OXP equipment? Examples would be the [EliteWiki] Fuel Collector, [EliteWiki] Hyper Cargo, [wiki]Ore Processor[/wiki], and [wiki]Police IFF Scanner Upgrade[/wiki].
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

FeelGone wrote:
Hope this is still the right thread. Anarchies is one of my favourite OXPs, such a great mixture of flavour, missions, and mechanics (that escape pod get-out was always far too tempting...).

I doubt this is possible because it would create too many compatibility/dependency issues, but mooting it anyway: is it possible to expand the equipment possibilities at the Salvage Gang to include OXP equipment? Examples would be the [EliteWiki] Fuel Collector, [EliteWiki] Hyper Cargo, [wiki]Ore Processor[/wiki], and [wiki]Police IFF Scanner Upgrade[/wiki].
Hi Feelgone, and thanks for the suggestion.

In principle it's possible to include OXP equipment as well. The dependency issues can be handled. The main problem would be to choose which OXP equipment to include, because there's so many equipment OXPs, and more are getting released every day. This would make it impossible to include each equipment without constantly releasing new and updated versions of Anarchies.

For these reasons I decided to limit the special deals to the "vanilla" equipment.
FeelGone
Above Average
Above Average

Post by FeelGone »

Thanks for the answer - I pretty much thought that would be the case, but wanted to check.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

FeelGone wrote:
Thanks for the answer - I pretty much thought that would be the case, but wanted to check.
You're welcome. :)

By the way, and just in case you haven't figured it out yet: the Salvage Gangs offer different special equipment deals each time you dock. They may have gotten something new in, or sold something to somebody else in the meantime. So, if you're still short on the "vanilla" equipment and willing to take the risk that inevitably comes with buying shady second-hand equipment, it may be worth your while to launch and re-dock a couple of times. :wink:
FeelGone
Above Average
Above Average

Post by FeelGone »

No, I do realize that...sorry if I gave the impression I didn't. I actually don't like that particular practice, because it feels like a bit of a cheat to me - how would they obtain such new equipment mere seconds after my previous docking? - and it doesn't really fit with the way I generally play in the Ooniverse, more as a roleplaying game than an arcade game; but thanks for the advice anyway.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Running 1.77 I'm seeing a lot of this in my logs:

Code: Select all

05:20:06.019 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]:       AddOns/Anarchies2.8.oxp/Scripts/anarchies-sentinel-station-script.js, line 99.
05:20:08.020 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (anarchies-sentinel-station-script 2.8): TypeError: this.ship.target is null
05:20:08.020 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]:       AddOns/Anarchies2.8.oxp/Scripts/anarchies-sentinel-station-script.js, line 99.
05:20:10.030 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (anarchies-sentinel-station-script 2.8): TypeError: this.ship.target is null
05:20:10.031 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]:       AddOns/Anarchies2.8.oxp/Scripts/anarchies-sentinel-station-script.js, line 99.
05:20:12.036 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (anarchies-sentinel-station-script 2.8): TypeError: this.ship.target is null
05:20:12.037 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]:       AddOns/Anarchies2.8.oxp/Scripts/anarchies-sentinel-station-script.js, line 99.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Thanks for the report. Unfortunately due to interference from RealLife™ I haven't yet got around to firing up 1.77, so it may take a little while for me to fix any problems.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Same here:

[script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (anarchies-sentinel-station-script 2.6): TypeError: this.ship.target is null
[script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (anarchies-sentinel-station-script 2.6): TypeError: this.ship.target is null
These lines were logged on jumping to another system. At that moment the populator removes ship by ship. And the timer that check the distance to the target, does not verify that the target still exists.

so,

this.$checkForTargetDistance = function()
{
    // if the station's current target gets out of scanner range and then some
    // the station loses it
    if(this.ship.position.distanceTo(this.ship.target.position) > 28000)
    {
        this.ship.target = null;
    }
}
should become

this.$checkForTargetDistance = function ()
{
    // if the station's current target gets out of scanner range and then some
    // the station loses it
    if (this.ship.target && this.ship.position.distanceTo(this.ship.target.position) > 28000)
    {
        this.ship.target = null;
    }
}
Corny
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Corny »

The Salvage Gang asteroid becomes invisible when I look at it too closely. Kind of a Heisenberg-station! :D
E.g. when I'm too close to the docking entry, the station around it becomes invisible, or when I'm in the docking tunnel and look behind me, I can see the station lights, but not the station itself sometime.
If it helps you, I can provide video material :)
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Corny wrote:
The Salvage Gang asteroid becomes invisible when I look at it too closely. Kind of a Heisenberg-station! :D
E.g. when I'm too close to the docking entry, the station around it becomes invisible, or when I'm in the docking tunnel and look behind me, I can see the station lights, but not the station itself sometime.
If it helps you, I can provide video material :)
This is a problem for some other stations as well, and is already fixed in trunk, I think.
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

It is indeed fixed in trunk. See this thread.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Eric Walch wrote:
It is indeed fixed in trunk. See this thread.
Thanks for the link! :D I was too lazy yesterday to search for it. :oops:
Corny
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Corny »

Cool, thanks!
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

While testing another oxp, I encountered a problem in combination with Anarchies.oxp. The oxp showed a missionscreen in the middle of a series of the oxp I was testing. That is either an Oolite bug or an oxp bug.

Looking in the Anarchies script, I found the error. For displaying the amnesty offer, the oxp does not use the missionScreenOpportunity handler but the guiScreenWillChange. The first will only fire is the previous oxp is ready with all its screens. The latter fires after every screen and you can break in, into other missions.

Looking better at the code, it does not show the amnesty-screen on guiScreenWillChange but does it on missionScreenOpportunity. But missionScreenOpportunity should give the opportunity first to the oxp that presented the last missionscreen. Keeps me wondering why the amnesty screen was in between two of mine. :?
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Perhaps a problem with how you scripted the callback? Or a bug in Oolite's mission screen callback handling?