Damaged Systems

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Queex
Above Average
Above Average

Re: Damaged Systems

Post by Queex »

I'll experiment with it. It feels a little close to cheating, giving me more time to do stuff as well as impr9oving precision. I wonder if it would be possible to hack in a modifer key that reduces the change in pitch/yaw values when the keys are pressed?
I come in peace. That tone you hear is definitely not a missile lock-on. I guarantee it.
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Part of the problem is your flying a ship with high pitch/roll compared to the standard cobby. Modifying the shipdata may be an answer and isn't really cheating, you are kind of disabling the ship. And don't discount fly by mouse, especially as you can generally adjust mouse sensitivity in your operating system. Mouse for pitch/roll with keyboard yaw is my favorite control method.
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
Queex
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Queex »

Ah, I'd forgotten that the Mamba was a high-performance ship. Well, as soon as I can find a Cobra Mk III for sale I'll be back in one of those, so I'll have to get used to different turning. I can't cope with cumulative mouse control at all.

Although today I scooped '1t of William Shatner Records', so it appears we have a comedian writing OXPs...

I have experienced a strange possible bug where 'd' stops working until I restart the game.
I come in peace. That tone you hear is definitely not a missile lock-on. I guarantee it.
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Queex wrote:
Although today I scooped '1t of William Shatner Records', so it appears we have a comedian writing OXPs...
Just think, if it weren't for the copyright issues you could be hearing those records too! :lol:

"ship's computer now scanning recordings...beginning playback..."

http://youtu.be/D-yy2URAYqU

LMAOHTF :lol: :lol: :lol:
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs
Queex
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Queex »

Trader R'kr Ohl:
"We're no strangers to Lave."
Got the Cobby back, now nearly fully equipped again. Considering taking passengers, but the trips are all so long. Might go looking for more missions, now. I want those naval energy banks.