Biosphere OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Biosphere OXP

Post by montana05 »

Cholmondely wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:28 am
I would rather like to add

1) a market
2) the ability for the afore-mentioned market to be recognised by Spara's Market Inquirer
3) the ability to save game (Shock! Horror!) at the Biosphere
All is possible with 2 javascripts. For a market you can use Spara's market script, for his Market Inquirer only an addition to the roles is necessary. To save the game at the station you need a worldscript defining the location of station.

The only modification of the shipdata.plist would be to add the market script and a role.

Basically all of that could be found in S.I.R.F.
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

1) a market
2) the ability for the afore-mentioned market to be recognised by Spara's Market Inquirer
Lucky you, the province I am staying just turned red again, so the New Year (local) is screwed. However, I am now working on a quick remake of the Biosphere OXP, including a lot of ideas posted here. I will upload a Beta for you tomorrow. :wink:

Already included, all mentioned above. Still pending cartel stations for anarchies and dictatorships (Dictators.OXP) producing narcotics.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

montana05 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:19 pm

1) a market
Lucky you, the province I am staying just turned red again, so the New Year (local) is screwed. However, I am now working on a quick remake of the Biosphere OXP, including a lot of ideas posted here. I will upload a Beta for you tomorrow. :wink:

Already included, all mentioned above. Still pending cartel stations for anarchies and dictatorships (Dictators.OXP) producing narcotics.
Thank you so much! I did get a PM from Mika Spara saying that he hopes find time to dig around and find his original mod. He included the following comment:
The big problem was the fact that just before my time KillerWolf had left the scene burning all bridges behind. Sothis station is their work and there is no license whatsoever attached. I tried to contact KillerWolf in different ways, but got nowhere. I even found this "Purgatory"-site (anime or something) via following mysterious hints in some of KillerWolfs work and there were posts there by KillerWolf whom I assumed to be the same person. No answer. I assume that KillerWolf did not want to be associated with Oolite anymore. A shame, since they left behind some nice stations and ships. Sothis being one of those.
SoThis is the only OXP (other than Ring Racer OXP) which gives the Corporate Systems some flavour (ignoring the effects of Diplomancy & Weapon Laws).
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Cholmondely wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:55 pm
Thank you so much! I did get a PM from Mika Spara saying that he hopes find time to dig around and find his original mod. He included the

SoThis is the only OXP (other than Ring Racer OXP) which gives the Corporate Systems some flavour (ignoring the effects of Diplomancy & Weapon Laws).
I found a legal workaround of the license problem, so this shouldn't be a problem anymore. The current settings for beta includes like followed:

industrial systems, tech level 7 or more
for every 2 billion population 1 station, average is 2
the location is in close orbit, facing the sun

What I intend to implement tonight or tomorrow morning:

anarchy systems, station groups producing narcotics for cartels
dictator systems (if Dictators.OXP is installed) pretty similar but different administration unit and legal, not criminals
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

montana05 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:12 pm
Cholmondely wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:55 pm
Thank you so much! I did get a PM from Mika Spara saying that he hopes find time to dig around and find his original mod. He included the

I found a legal workaround of the license problem, so this shouldn't be a problem anymore. The current settings for beta includes like followed:

industrial systems, tech level 7 or more
for every 2 billion population 1 station, average is 2
the location is in close orbit, facing the sun

What I intend to implement tonight or tomorrow morning:

anarchy systems, station groups producing narcotics for cartels
dictator systems (if Dictators.OXP is installed) pretty similar but different administration unit and legal, not criminals
Apologies: a dearth of active brain-cells led to my confusing BioSphere with SoThis.

Goodness!! Your new version sounds superb.

Looking very much forwards to trying it out.
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Cholmondely wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:22 pm
Apologies: a dearth of active brain-cells led to my confusing BioSphere with SoThis.

Goodness!! Your new version sounds superb.

Looking very much forwards to trying it out.
Don't worry, we all got our moments. :lol:

I am not particular happy with the model or the textures, still need to spend some more time for improvements, It's the first time I included the new market logic, so no market script anymore. Probably need to fiddle with that as well, first tests looks ok but, well, another 9 systems to go. :roll:

BTW the original station was smaller than a Cobra Mark III, so the remake is really a station.
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

My apologies, it is taking longer than expected. I had to add some more textures for the rock-hermit and included spara's textures for the astrofactory. The markets are working fine now, a copy of stranger's medicine is included. After I finished the basic script I will post a beta for you, details to come later.

With currently a lot of time on my hands I am thinking about drug caravans from cartels and Imperial Freighters moving back and forth between stations and planet. :lol:
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

montana05 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:08 pm
My apologies, it is taking longer than expected. I had to add some more textures for the rock-hermit and included spara's textures for the astrofactory. The markets are working fine now, a copy of stranger's medicine is included. After I finished the basic script I will post a beta for you, details to come later.

With currently a lot of time on my hands I am thinking about drug caravans from cartels and Imperial Freighters moving back and forth between stations and planet. :lol:
Wonderful!: I loved the idea of the BioSphere, but I did think that it looked clunky - especially with the new graphics (which on my computer look so-o-o good (except for the poor old BioSphere!). Just the fact that you are improving it is superb - perfectly happy to wait. I know it will be worth waiting for. My own attempts to update it failed dismally - the update just disappeared from my Ooniverse, inexistent markets and all!

Thank You!
Comments wanted:
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

While this OXP is still a WIP here some teasers:

Biosphere G2

Sidewinder Shadow

Like usually I ended up including more than originally intended. Some Ships (smugglers & defenders only) and some new lore. I am not particular happy with the texture of the sphere base so I might change this as well.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Wow!

Thank you!
Comments wanted: