Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Clippers OXZ

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: [UPDATE RELEASE] Clippers OXZ

Post by Smivs »

@ csperkins, firstly, welcome to the Board :)
Oops! :oops: My bad. Well spotted and thanks for the report. Having a quick look tells me there are a few more errors as well - must stop doing this stuff at midnight! - so I will give it a good once-over and re-issue it ASAP, probably tomorrow as I'm just about to go out visiting friends in RL.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

v1.4.1 now available

Bugfix release to correct some code errors

Changelog:-
1) Minor bugfix to the shipdata.plist to avoid parsing errors on Macs.
2) Also incorrect script_info entries put right - these would have prevented one of the python variants from 'going derelict' properly.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

:oops:
Another issue with this I'm afraid, flagged here by ffutures. In a nutshell the OXP is not recognising earlier saves of the boa clipper (and possibly also the python variant).
I will fix this ASAP but this may be a day or two due to RL busy-ness - sorry folks.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Bugfix release - v1.4.2
OK, v1.4.2 is now available which I hope solves the problem. The Python variant was un-affected as far as I can tell, as its name was not changed. The solution is a bit ugly, but I had to consider that new users may have bought a Boa Clipper with the "boa-clipper-player" identifier, so I could not just change the name back to the previous "boaclipper-player". I have therefore added a "boaclipper-player" to shipdata which is 'like_ship'-ed to "boa-clipper-player", and this seems to be working OK.
<crosses fingers>
Layne
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Layne »

Smivs wrote:
Bugfix release - v1.4.2
OK, v1.4.2 is now available which I hope solves the problem. The Python variant was un-affected as far as I can tell, as its name was not changed. The solution is a bit ugly, but I had to consider that new users may have bought a Boa Clipper with the "boa-clipper-player" identifier, so I could not just change the name back to the previous "boaclipper-player". I have therefore added a "boaclipper-player" to shipdata which is 'like_ship'-ed to "boa-clipper-player", and this seems to be working OK.
<crosses fingers>
//...in other news today, Smivs' Shipyards and Pumpkin Patch issued a blanket recall on all Boa Clipper H-B2 model starships. Purchasers of the Boa Clipper are advised to return the model to their local GalCop station wrapped in brown parcel paper with pictures of kittens drawn on it...//
Reports of my death have been greatly underestimated.
ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ffutures »

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be working - I updated but I'm still getting the spinning question mark and error message could not find ship boa-clipper-player. Also tried removing it, exiting completely, then opening Oolite again and installing it, but that didn't help.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Hmmm, it should be OK now - it's certainly working here.
Can I check which version of the OXZ and which Oolite version you are using? I assume you have v1.4.2 now - do you remember which version you had when you bought the ship? It's probably not important but all info is useful in trying to solve these things.
A copy of the log and your save file might be useful as well, if you can post them here or PM them to me.
ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ffutures »

Save file is here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/472 ... olite-save

I was using Oolite 1.80 previously, with Clippers 1.41

Log file is here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47268960/Latest.log

I think the relevant bit is this

C:\Oolite182/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.interfaces_screen.oxz
19:37:48.597 [shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data.
19:37:49.469 [startup.complete]: ========== Loading complete in 1.88 seconds. ==========
19:37:54.689 [shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data.
19:37:55.429 [load.failed]: ***** Failed to load saved game "kiki2.oolite-save": Could not find ship type “boa-clipper-player” - please reinstall the appropriate OXP.
19:37:55.429 [shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data.
19:38:00.346 [exit.context]: Exiting: Exit Game selected on start screen.
19:38:00.350 [gameController.exitApp]: .GNUstepDefaults synchronized.

Hope this helps.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

:?
Well, now I am baffled!
Firstly, I think the name thing was a red-herring in this case. I did actually mis-read your first post and thought you had the old 'boaclipper-player' identifier, but no, you have the correct new name for the ship. The fix I made is valid as this could potentially have been an issue for others, but not here.
Everything looks fine as far as I can see. The OXZ is installed in Managed AddOns, and the save file looks OK - in fact the relevant section is identical to mine (as you'd expect) which is working. So TBH I haven't got a clue what's going on here. HELP!
Does anybody have any ideas?
Here are the relevant details.
ffutures' save file

Code: Select all

<key>ship_desc</key>
    <string>boa-clipper-player</string>
my working save file

<key>ship_desc</key>
    <string>boa-clipper-player</string>
ffutures' log

C:\Oolite182/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.smivs.Clippers.oxz
and the error

19:37:55.429 [load.failed]: ***** Failed to load saved game "kiki2.oolite-save": Could not find ship type “boa-clipper-player” - please reinstall the appropriate OXP.
My log (N.B. different O/S)

~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.smivs.Clippers.oxz
shipdata.plist identifier

"boa-clipper-player" =
	{
		forward_weapon_type = "WEAPON_BEAM_LASER";
etc...
shipyard.plist identifier

"boa-clipper-player" =     
   { 
        chance = 0.20; 
        "optional_equipment" =  
etc
So in a nutshell, it is working fine here, but not for ffutures. Any ideas?
ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ffutures »

If it's just me I can easily ditch that saved file and start again, I've only used that ship a couple of times, so don't go to a lot of trouble.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

I tested it quickly (ffutures save file and Clippers 1.4.2) and it spat this to the log.

23:37:24.767 [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "boa-clipper-player" has unresolved subentity classicShipsGun.
23:37:24.773 [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "boa-clipper" has unresolved subentity classicShipsGun.
23:37:24.773 [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "boa-clipper-template" has unresolved subentity classicShipsGun.
23:37:24.775 [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "boaclipper-player" has unresolved subentity classicShipsGun.
23:37:24.840 [shipData.load.shipyard.unknown]: ----- WARNING: the shipyard.plist entry "boa-clipper-player" does not have a corresponding shipdata.plist entry, ignoring.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Thanks spara, that will most likely be it. I have the Classic Ships installed so of course it was using the gun from that - it is the same gun.
I'm annoyed with myself now, because I think I had a similar thing before, so as I've been updating everything I've given them all their own guns to make sure they are fully self contained. The clipper has the correct gun entity in shipdata, the correct model and the correct texture. I just forgot to change the sub-entity details :roll:
Nobody's perfect.
It's quite late so I will sort it out in the morning.
ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ffutures »

Would that possibly be in Griff-ships.oxp? It's an oxp I had on Oolite 1.8 but haven't got round to trying on 1.82 yet because it's a manual install.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

No, it's the Classic Ships expansion - I got into a bad habit of recycling things like the guns and engines into the spin-offs without giving them unique identifiers, and this led (amongst other things) to me sometimes forgetting to add these to the individual OXPs. Everything would work fine here because the 'mother' OXP was installed but this wouldn't be the case when they were used without the 'mother'.
To avoid this I decided to give all the OXPs their own unique sub-ents contained within the OXP, and with unique names. In this case I had done all this except for changing the sub-ent key to the new name for the gun.

v1.4.3 is now available.

Bugfix release to (hopefully) fix this properly.
Thanks to everyone for your help and patience.
ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ffutures »

That's fixed it completely - many thanks!