Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Clippers OXZ

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: Clippers OXP

Post by Smivs »

Thanks for the report, Albee.
If I remember, you are a Mac user, aren't you?
Having had a quick look, I think the problem oddly is that there is an un-necessary comma after the last but one bracket right at the end of the plist.

Code: Select all

),
)
which should be

)
)
Remove the comma and let me know if that fixes it.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Albee
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Albee »

Smivs wrote:
Remove the comma and let me know if that fixes it.
It didn't, unfortunately.

I found 2 other instances of ), in equipment.plist, so for good measure I deleted the comma in those lines, too. That didn't work either. :(

(I have got to learn to write this stuff! Do you have any personal recommendations, Smivs, as to useful tutorials or guides?)
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

It's probably a 'fussy Mac' thing. It works fine for me on Linux...no excuse of course as it should work well on everything.
Each equipment item should have a comma after the last bracket, except (I think) the last on in the list which is why I suggested you delete it. The others should be there.
I have just spotted a semi-colon that may be wrong as well :roll:
Let's try replacing the whole thing. Can you copy and paste this into the equipment.plist - delete all the original code and insert this

(
       (
        "Refill external fuel tank",
	"EQ_LQG_CHARGE",
	"Liquified Quirium Gas refill for external fuel tanks (for Python and Boa Clipper models).",
	{
	"available_to_all" = yes;
        "requires_equipment" = "EQ_LQG_TANK_EMPTY";
        "visible" = no; // not listed on the F5F5 screen.
	}
       ),
       (
        "External Fuel Tanks - Full",
	"EQ_LQG_TANK",
	"Cost-price upgrade to fit external fuel tanks for existing Boa Clipper players.",
	{
	"available_to_all" = no;
        "incompatible_with_equipment" = 
                                       (
                                       "EQ_LQG_TANK_EMPTY",
                                       "EQ_LQG_TANK_DAMAGED"
                                       );
        "script_info" = {
                        canBeDamaged = "no";
                        }
        script = "clipper_LQG_script.js"
	}
       ),
       (
        "External Fuel Tanks - Empty",
	"EQ_LQG_TANK_EMPTY",
	"External fuel tank.",
	{
	}
       )
)
Let me know if that's working, and perhaps if anyone else spots any errors, please let me know as well.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Smivs wrote:
It's probably a 'fussy Mac' thing. It works fine for me on Linux...no excuse of course as it should work well on everything.

Let me know if that's working, and perhaps if anyone else spots any errors, please let me know as well.
Missing a semicolon. (I wonder if there's a way to make the Linux plist parsing a bit fussier...)
Albee
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Albee »

Smivs wrote:
Same log entry...

09:42:48.878 [plist.parse.failed]: Failed to parse /Users/Albee/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/ClippersV1.2.oxp/Config/equipment.plist as a property list.
Unexpected character ( at line 1
cim wrote:
Smivs wrote:

Missing a semicolon. (I wonder if there's a way to make the Linux plist parsing a bit fussier...)
I then added the semicolon, but no change in logfile.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

cim wrote:
Smivs wrote:

Thanks cim, another one that got past me :roll:

A super-fussy parser for Linux would be great. So why is it still throwing errors? And at line 1 - that's strange.
I am quite keen to resolve this as I have the next update release of this OXP under testing and about ready to go, and would like to sort this out before release.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

OK, having gone over this with a fine-tooth comb I think I spotted one more missing semi-colon after the brace terminating the script_info entry.
Can anybody see any problems with this now?

(
       (
        "Refill external fuel tank",
	"EQ_LQG_CHARGE",
	"Liquified Quirium Gas refill for external fuel tanks (for Python and Boa Clipper models).",
	{
        "requires_equipment" = "EQ_LQG_TANK_EMPTY";
        "visible" = no; // not listed on the F5F5 screen.
	}
       ),
       (
        "External Fuel Tanks - Full",
	"EQ_LQG_TANK",
	"Cost-price upgrade to fit external fuel tanks for existing Boa Clipper players.",
	{
	"available_to_all" = no;
        "incompatible_with_equipment" = 
                                       (
                                       "EQ_LQG_TANK_EMPTY",
                                       "EQ_LQG_TANK_DAMAGED"
                                       );
        "script_info" = {
                        canBeDamaged = "no";
                        };
        script = "clipper_LQG_script.js";
	}
       ),
       (
        "External Fuel Tanks - Empty",
	"EQ_LQG_TANK_EMPTY",
	"External fuel tank.",
	{
	}
       )
)
Albee
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Albee »

Smivs wrote:
OK, having gone over this with a fine-tooth comb I think I spotted one more missing semi-colon after the brace terminating the script_info entry.
That's got it! The logfile is totally clean now. :)
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

That's good to know. Thanks for your help with this...much appreciated. :)
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: [UPDATED RELEASE] Clippers OXP

Post by Smivs »

18th May, 2012

v1.3 is now available.
The NPC Clippers now have all the interactive features of Smivs'Shipset. They will switch to a 'damaged' texture when they start throwing sparks, and the ship will progressively become derelict if the pilot ejects. They also feature the Enhanced Death Effects ( the big dramatic explosions) first introduced in the shipset. These effects are not dependant on having Smivs'Shipset installed.
The OXP is also now compatible with BattleDamage OXP which will enable visible player-ship hull damage to be shown if both OXPs are installed. You will need to use the 'forSmivs' version of BattleDamage.
There has also been a minor tweak to the Python Clipper which now has re-positioned external fuel tanks to allow the addition of navigation strobes.
This is a straight swap for the previous version...existing users should simply remove the previous version and install v1.3.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

I've just uploaded v1.3.1 of this OXP.
I identified an error in the shipdata.plist where the NPC versions had a null AI instead of a trader AI. :roll: :oops:
As autoAI is set to yes, I think the game has possibly been 'correcting' this based on the ships' 'trader' role but the new version now has the correct AI set.
If anyone wants to fix the older version, change lines 7 and 197 in shipdata.plist which currently read

ai_type = "nullAI.plist";
and change them to

ai_type = "route1traderAI.plist";
Sorry :)
Albee
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Albee »

I've only just got around to downloading v1.3.1, and I see there's a subtle but significant (to me) change to the cockpit view, in that the curve of the hull is now visible at the bottom of the screen. It's just a narrow band, but it interferes with the scanner on NumericHUDv3. I'm puzzled as to how this has happened (just nosy, you understand :wink: ). Since I want Noomi IV's scanner to be as clear as possible, I'll probably revert to v1.2 -- I can live with the laser's red nose.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Hi Albee,
I'm sorry to hear you have a problem. This is not one I can reproduce! The view on my Boa Clipper is fine as you can see from the shot below.

In other words I don't know why you are getting these elements of the ship showing. It may be to do with screen size/resolution perhaps, but I'm guessing. Has anyone else seen this?

You could try editing the shipdata to correct this. Open the shipdata.plist and go to line 108

view_position_forward = "0.0 13.0 19.4375";
and move the view up a bit. Try something like

view_position_forward = "0.0 18.0 19.4375";
which raises the view by 5 metres. Try a few different settings, changeing the x-axis, the second number. Let me know how you get on. :)
Albee
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Albee »

Smivs wrote:
Hi Albee,
I'm sorry to hear you have a problem. [...]
It's not a huge deal, as you can see from this screenshot.

The only other thing I've done is to install Oolite 1.76.1, though it's hard to imagine how that might cause this. (Clippers v1.2 is showing no change).

I'll do as you suggest and try tweaking the views. I've been doing some of that already -- the external views, at least -- as I've given Noomi IV a scoop camera. (I'm trying my hand at mining/ore processing, scooping lots of splinters).
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Strange! The screenshot I took was taken this morning, using v1.3.1 of Clippers and Oolite v1.76.1, and there is no part of the ship visible at all as you can see.
I've just checked and in fact I did slightly raise the view position between v1.2 and 1.3 to avoid anything like this happening. So I'd expect it to be more noticeable if using v1.2! Stranger and stranger.
If yours is a full-screen image this suggests that our screen aspect ratios are different (mine is 16:9 at 1360x768px), and it might be that if you are using a 'taller' aspect-ratio screen the game is adding a bit at the bottom (and presumably top as well).

If this is the case others with a 'squarer' aspect ratio screen will also be seeing a part of the ship, and a tweak to the shipdata might be in order. Has anybody else who is using this OXP on a 'square' screen seen the same thing?