[RELEASE] Rescue Stations 1.2.4 (25 Mar 2012)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: [RELEASE] Rescue Stations 1.2.2 (21 Jan 2012)

Post by cim »

Captain Beatnik wrote:
Adding a semicolon after the braces in line 1579, 1931 and 1950 resolved the problem and the .OXP now seems to works fine. I´m going to do some further testing.
Thanks - looks like a problem where most systems don't require the semicolon on the last (or only) entry of a dictionary, but some do. Fixed version 1.2.2 uploaded now.
Okti
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Okti »

Have you got all the missions tested, I had one about a black box recovery but no joy at the end. Tried to go to your coding, but has many world scripts. I must admit I used JP to go to the system and back, when I docked with the rescue station I had a default message for the black box, and F5 F5 screen says I still need to find the black box, weird.
My OXP's
And Latest Mission Coyote's Run
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Okti wrote:
Have you got all the missions tested, I had one about a black box recovery but no joy at the end. Tried to go to your coding, but has many world scripts. I must admit I used JP to go to the system and back, when I docked with the rescue station I had a default message for the black box, and F5 F5 screen says I still need to find the black box, weird.
As well as the mission black boxes, the OXP also adds occasional non-mission black boxes to the three main spacelanes. So you might have picked up one of those instead, perhaps.

The mission one will be, as hinted at in the briefing, (ROT13 to avoid spoilers) va gur zvqqyr bs n uhtr nfgrebvq svryq ba gur jvgpucbvag-fha ebhgr naq fnlf "Cvat" jura lbh nccebnpu vg. If that's the one you picked up, I'll have a closer look.

As long as JP doesn't mess with the various witchspace world events, it shouldn't make a difference. Do you have time to go back to the system and look for it again? As long as the deadline hasn't expired it should still be there.
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Hi cim,

On a misjump, the debug console gave me this...
Exception: TypeError: bb is null
Active script: Rescue Stations 1.2.2
rescue_ambience.js, line 151:
bb[0].velocity = Vector3D.randomDirection();
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Capt. Murphy wrote:
Hi cim,

On a misjump, the debug console gave me this...
Exception: TypeError: bb is null
Active script: Rescue Stations 1.2.2
rescue_ambience.js, line 151:
bb[0].velocity = Vector3D.randomDirection();
Thanks. That'll be fixed in the next release. Just needs

Code: Select all

if (system.isInterstellarSpace) {
	return;
}
at the top of this.addAmbience if you want to patch your own copy.
MEGALODON
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by MEGALODON »

Does this oxp allow you to repair your ship regardless of tech level?

Of course an expected price variation if the tl of the system is lower than the item needing repairs.

I've also been toying with the notion of making repairs available anywhere but with a calculation algorithm that offers the element of randomness accounting for availibility of parts tech level of said item the influence of the price of the commodity most related to the repair. Like alloys and machinery for fuel scoops added times the difference in tech level so if the tl is 8 and you're at a tl of 5 difference of 3 so that would be multiplied by three and then added by a random number from 1.0 - the price max of the item then minus a random random percentage 1.0-49.9

And the labour per hour would be random (1.0-99.9) x #hours needed divided by tech level

Of course anything computer related like ecm or hud would have computers commodity factored into the cost
Witchdrive injectors would base on radioactives and fuel prices would influence the cost.

Sorry I'm going on here but I think this random feature will put some realism flavour into it as sometimes a high cost would be a mechanic charging more because they're a crook and it gives the player a thought hmm its pricy but I really need that system online or sweet I got a decent deal here cool. Simulates the realism of variations of live in ooniverse
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

MEGALODON wrote:
Does this oxp allow you to repair your ship regardless of tech level?
No. There are portable repair bots in a different OXP that might suit your needs.

(And the RRS Waystation itself, as with all OXP stations, has a shipyard tech level independent of the system tech level, but like most OXP stations, charges more than the main station)
MEGALODON wrote:
I've also been toying with the notion of making repairs available anywhere but with a calculation algorithm that offers the element of randomness accounting for availibility of parts tech level of said item the influence of the price of the commodity most related to the repair. Like alloys and machinery for fuel scoops added times the difference in tech level so if the tl is 8 and you're at a tl of 5 difference of 3 so that would be multiplied by three and then added by a random number from 1.0 - the price max of the item then minus a random random percentage 1.0-49.9
Unfortunately not easily possible for an OXP at the moment. You can set a static price multiplier for the station, but that applies equally to all available equipment regardless of tech level. Installation time is then proportional to price.
MEGALODON
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by MEGALODON »

Ok thanks for the info..

Gonna try it oh anyone happen to know if ds pirates adds a lot of entities or would it be better to install the offender traders oxp for targets of opportunity? As many commanders know of my all of a sudden major performance issues.

Ok one other quick question how many people use the space dredgers oxp and to improve performance any possibility of tweaking it to a lite version so it takes it to a main station of the tl requirement is met and allowing part of the station to have dredger salvage facilities available?

Or would this present a coding nightmare?

Also as I am getting intrigued by getting into making oxps of my own. Would some of you be able to advise about what are the best to use because user friendliness is key. Tried wings and played with tutorials but seems to be awkward when I tried making a new ship for am oxp I wanted to make but couldn't get it to work properly.

I know there are too many programs out there but wanted to get an idea of what you found easiest to use
MEGALODON
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by MEGALODON »

Hi cim

I just put in your oxp and I am so glad you made the textures simple when I played elite on the commodore 64 with wireframe graphics I do have something to share on display reputation there are ... At the end of the page and I can't find the reference to the missions. It says system name at I can't remember the other data but it looks like something out of a script sorry to be vague

I just got pda net so hopefully I can post from my laptop instead of my phone.

I am on the find black box its in the same system the briefing went something like a sun skimmed went missing near an asteroid field near the sun I orbited the son and couldn't find it ?
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

MEGALODON wrote:
On display reputation there are ... At the end of the page and I can't find the reference to the missions.
That sounds like there isn't enough space to display all the mission summaries. If you sell all your cargo that'll make a bit more room.
I am on the find black box its in the same system the briefing went something like a sun skimmed went missing near an asteroid field near the sun I orbited the son and couldn't find it ?
The asteroid field is on the sun-witchpoint route. You'll know it if you find it - just fly in a straight line between witchpoint and sun and you can't really miss it. Finding the black box in it might be tricky, but if you get close enough to it, it'll send you a message and you should be able to home in on it.
MEGALODON
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by MEGALODON »

YES !!!

Be advised Android providing HS internet to PC :)

Ok Cim sorry to be so vague earlier before I reinitialized the game I went to the F5 screen for display rep about the mission.

Here's pretty much what it says.

recover black box from mission_rescuestation_destsystemname then return to Userama RRS by minimum_rescue_time and I can't make out what comes after the end of the screen.

Does anyone know on the F5 screen for display rep.
at the very end it basicially shows this..... (...) assuming this indicates more. Yet I don't know how to refresh the page so that it allows me to find out what is also there.

Hope that helps Cim.. and it looks very cool, reinitialized OXP sys_redux and I haven't had a crash yet. YAY
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

MEGALODON wrote:
recover black box from mission_rescuestation_destsystemname then return to Userama RRS by minimum_rescue_time and I can't make out what comes after the end of the screen.
That looks like it hasn't set some of the mission variables properly, but I've tested that mission now and it seems to work fine here.

Are there any error messages in your Latest.log file? Can you remember which system the black box was supposed to be in?
MEGALODON wrote:
at the very end it basicially shows this..... (...) assuming this indicates more. Yet I don't know how to refresh the page so that it allows me to find out what is also there
You can't, unfortunately. If you have an empty hold and no cargo/passenger contracts then it shouldn't usually happen, though, because there'll be more space to display the mission details.
submersible
Commodore
Commodore

Post by submersible »

I have had an issue with a recover the black box mission also - as yet unreported. After gathering the box in one system. I was rewarded when docking in the same system at the station (not and RRS). The mission screen and prompts 'that black box must be here somewhere' where still there.

I scooped another black box, took it back to the correct location and got paid...again. I have yet to return to the target system. The mission still kept running until the timer expired, then the mission screen changed to 'RRS are unlikely to employ you' ~ or similar.

version was Rescue_Stations_1.2.1.oxp, running with a TON of other OXPs.

Will post Log if i can reproduce it. in 1.2.2
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

submersible wrote:
I have had an issue with a recover the black box mission also - as yet unreported. After gathering the box in one system. I was rewarded when docking in the same system at the station (not and RRS). The mission screen and prompts 'that black box must be here somewhere' where still there.
It sounds like you're picking up a generic black box (they sometimes float around the systems, and you can get a small bit of cash and RRS reputation for collecting them) rather than the mission-specific one. (The mission-specific one is embedded in the middle of an asteroid field, and still has short-range comms active, so it should be fairly distinctive once you find it)

I should probably disable the generic ones if a recovery mission is in progress, since this seems to be causing some confusion.
MEGALODON
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by MEGALODON »

Ok ill have to check latest log what specifically am I lookin for?

Oh also the salvage gang ripped me off about 150,000 creds when I launched after making esential repairs.

Am I able to go through my save and re add them I would never do this to cheat but since they cheated me I feel its only fair.

If not is ok I'm slowly rebuilding my cash. After launch I had 80 credits.

Also on f5 screen I failed the mission time so it says rss is unlikely to employ me so is there a way to get more jobs. I'm not complaining I actually like that realistic feature. I did get a courier mission later. I'm guessing since my rep with them is bad that they will still offer missions but at a lesser chance?