(NEW RELEASE) SniperLockv1.oxp

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: (NEW RELEASE) SniperLockv1.oxp

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

Fatleaf wrote:
Cmdr Wyvern wrote:
Besides, the top item on every Jameson's wish list isn't autoshooting lasers, but laser coolers. Surely you know that by now.
But we now have a laser that doesn't overheat now anyway with Okti's PrimableLaser.oxp 8)
...Which, if I read the papers right, doesn't become available in the store until you're ranked *Deadly*. So those laser coolers remain on the Jameson's want list, because *Deadly* is a whole lot of won battles away.
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
Okti
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Okti »

Cmdr Wyvern wrote:
Fatleaf wrote:
Cmdr Wyvern wrote:
Besides, the top item on every Jameson's wish list isn't autoshooting lasers, but laser coolers. Surely you know that by now.
But we now have a laser that doesn't overheat now anyway with Okti's PrimableLaser.oxp 8)
...Which, if I read the papers right, doesn't become available in the store until you're ranked *Deadly*. So those laser coolers remain on the Jameson's want list, because *Deadly* is a whole lot of won battles away.
<Balance mode>That was the intention, we did not want to make it easier for an unexperienced commander to go duck hunting.</Balance mode>
My OXP's
And Latest Mission Coyote's Run
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Cmdr James wrote:
I don't see this is half as bad as maybe 50% of the ships people have built :)
Please don't forget, the purpose of this oxp is not to uberfy the aiming process or take the fun out of the game but to increase participation by those with challenges to maintaining their own aim after obtaining a target lock and being close enough to the target for the SniperLock to re-engage that lock-on.

This is for Julie Mightplaythisgame who likes the space trading but has no combat ability. This is for Johnny Challenged who likes combat but due to a dissability that takes away fine motor control in the arm finds it near impossible to maintain that constant aim. This is for Joe Playinthecar who rides into the city and wants to play for the boring 30 minute commute as a passenger on bumpy roads. This is for Jerry Controllerbroken whose joystick has seen better days and due to drift had all but given up sniping in favor of close dogfighting. This is even for the Barney Gumble who comes home sloshed from the bar and feels up to a little pirate hunting before passing out on his keyboard.

There must be 50 to 100 different types of reasons where this oxp helps someone to either participate or participate more fully in the game.

This is why I created this oxp. To enable everyone to experience the same fun I have regardless of their particular aiming challenge.

This is my christmas present to all of you. :D

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. :D

I would kindly ask that you continue the laser cooler/uber weapons discussion in a more appropriate viewtopic. Please keep this thread for playtest findings and comments on the SniperLock.

Thankyou. :)
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs
Fatleaf
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by Fatleaf »

CommonSenseOTB wrote:
I would kindly ask that you continue the laser cooler/uber weapons discussion in a more appropriate viewtopic. Please keep this thread for playtest findings and comments on the SniperLock.
But it wouldn't be the Oolite forum if a bit of friendly derailment wasn't at least attempted. At least it wasn't about Jelly Babies :wink:
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Fatleaf wrote:
CommonSenseOTB wrote:
But it wouldn't be the Oolite forum if a bit of friendly derailment wasn't at least attempted. At least it wasn't about Jelly Babies :wink:
:twisted:
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

Fatleaf wrote:
...At least it wasn't about Jelly Babies :wink:
[poke poke, nudge nudge] Shut your yap, you..you...talking treeoid! No really, shut up!

You didn't have to go there and say that the thread was about that...
[groan, snoutpalm]...Because now it is.

:P :lol:

PS: For the thin of skin, it's a joke ribbing.
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

:lol:

The above 3 posts reminded me of this:

http://youtu.be/11AIVdSsP_A

and this:

http://youtu.be/qYa0jpGFUeY

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

WIKI+OXPs
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

:lol: Classic!
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

I installed this last night and played with it - everything dies, and fast. :twisted:

I didn't save the game and this morning, flying without the SniperLock - despite only using it for about 30 minutes last night - was like switching from an automatic to a manual gearbox.

Anyway, thank you for this OXP. It was my first Xmas present to myself today. :D

An idea for a potential game-balance change: since the SniperLock works by moving the ship, it might work by comprising small thrusters fitted to the outside of the ship that require Quirium fuel to work so every movement uses a tiny bit of fuel.
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Thanx for trying this SandJ. Interesting idea, I will keep it in mind.

WIKI+OXPs
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Smivs wrote:
OK, so we've got uber-ships that can out-run anything else, auto-targetting weapons with telescopic sights, plasma turrets in case they miss. All we need now is self-firing weapons and we can all go home :wink:
Now I know your jesting, so I'll jest in the same way in the opposite direction; All of which are optional to the discerning player. If a man wants an easy game, then oolite WILL accommodate. If a man wants a challenge then inaction on the oxp front WILL provide it.

I fear you don't trust our patrons to find their own joy. Surely the innovative skill required to manufacture these additions is testament to man's near infinite capacity to tinker?

As a side note: additionally we require an autopilot.oxp and autotrade.oxp in order to turn oolite into a proper screen saver. Set the game running, go to bed, wake up 100,000 credits richer. Ding dong.

Nice oxp by the way, degenerative disorders of the nervous system will no longer impede the individuals enjoyment of the "great game" HAZZAH for progress!
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

ClymAngus wrote:
additionally we require an autopilot.oxp and autotrade.oxp in order to turn oolite into a proper screen saver. Set the game running, go to bed, wake up 100,000 credits richer. Ding dong.
Ooh! What a good idea, me want! ;) :lol:
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

ClymAngus wrote:
As a side note: additionally we require an autopilot.oxp and autotrade.oxp in order to turn oolite into a proper screen saver. Set the game running, go to bed, wake up 100,000 credits richer
...and in Oresrati.
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

ClymAngus wrote:
Nice oxp by the way, degenerative disorders of the nervous system will no longer impede the individuals enjoyment of the "great game" HAZZAH for progress!
:D

WIKI+OXPs
vsfc
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by vsfc »

Hi Commanders!

I would like to report that after installing ReverseControl OXZ SniperLock stopped locking the aft targets. Forward locking works fine.

It will be great to update SniperLock to be compatible with ReverseControl for the ones poor shooters like me.

Thanks and Regards,
vsfc