ExtraFuelTanks OXZ

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: ExtraFuelTanks OXZ

Post by Smivs »

V1.7 now available. This should hopefully fix the issue with empty tank damage reported above by Cody. Thanks for the report.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

I bought a Reserve Tank first, later upgraded it to an Auxiliary Tank and everything work fine until I bought an External Tank - empty. Now I got no access to the Auxiliary Tank but I am not able no sell or fill the External Tank. I am not sure if this is a bug in this OXP but any help would be appreciated. :)

I am using the latest version and tried to uninstall / install as well. I even tried to install manually but the result didn't change.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Hi montana05, and welcome to the Board.
This issue has come up before and TBH I thought it was fixed now - no such luck! :(
The External Tank is a feature of Clippers OXZ and is a sort of factory fitted version of the Extra tanks. It was included as an upgrade path for users of older versions of Clippers which did not feature the fixed tanks and should therefore never normally be seen. The two should be mutually exclusive - if you fly a Clipper you shouldn't be offered ExtraFuel Tanks, and if you don't have an old Clipper you should not be offered an external tank retrofit. It seems that this is still not working properly.
You will need to manually remove the External Tank. Open your save file in a text editor (but not notepad as it breaks things by adding unwanted characters to the code). Delete the relevant lines.

Code: Select all

<key>EQ_LQG_TANK_EMPTY</key>
	<integer>1</integer>
and this should remove it.
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Thanks a lot for the quick reply, I didn't believe my eyes when I found Oolite by accident online. When I was a teen I really was into it and its amazing how all of you improved the basic concept. Still fun to play and it brings back old memories. :wink:

However, unfortunately your fix is already in my file:

<key>docking_clearance_protocol</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>entity_personality</key>
<integer>32363</integer>
<key>extra_equipment</key>
<dict>
<key>EQ_ADDITIONAL_AFT_ARMOUR</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_ADDITIONAL_CORE_HULL</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_ADDITIONAL_FRONT_ARMOUR</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_ADVANCED_COMPASS</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_ADVANCED_NAVIGATIONAL_ARRAY</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_AFT_SHIELD_CAPACITOR</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_ANTISAPPER</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_AUTOECM</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_BIGSHCAP</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_BIGSHCAP2</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_BOUNTY_INFORMER</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_CARGOSPOTTER</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_CARGO_BAY</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_COMBATMFD</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_COMMSLOGMFD</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_DCN</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_DOCK_COMP</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_DUPLEX_FUEL_TANK</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_DUPLEX_FUEL_TANK_CTRL</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_DUPLEX_FUEL_TANK_STATE_3</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_ECM</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_ELECTRONICS_BOX</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_ELITE_RANK</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_ENEMY_TARGETER_UPGRADE</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_ENERGY_UNIT</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_EQUIPMENT_BOX</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_FORWARD_SHIELD_CAPACITOR</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_FRAME_FUEL_COLLECTOR</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_FUEL_INJECTION</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_FUEL_SCOOPS</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_GLARE_FILTER</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_HARDSHIELD_10</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_HEAT_SHIELD</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_HUDSELECTOR</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_Headlights</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_INJECTOR_BOX</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_INTEGRATED_TARGETING_SYSTEM</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_IRONHIDE</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_LASER_COOLER</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_LMSS_ACTIVATOR</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_LMSS_ACTUATOR</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_LMSS_AFT</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_LMSS_AFT_WEAPON</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_LMSS_FRONT</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_LMSS_FRONT_WEAPON</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_LQG_TANK_EMPTY</key>
<integer>1</integer>

<key>EQ_MANIFEST_MFD</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_MIL_INJECTION</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_MULTI_TARGET</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_NAVAL_SHIELD_BOOSTER</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_NAVIGATION_MFD</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_POLICE_SCANNER_UPGRADE</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_Q-CHARGER</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_RAILGUN_3</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_ROCKHERMIT_SCANNER</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_SAPPERNULLIFIER</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_SCANNER_SHOW_MISSILE_TARGET</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_SHIELD_BOOSTER</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_SHIELD_BOX</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_SHIELD_EQUALIZER</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_SNIPERLOCK</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_TARGET_MEMORY</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_TELESCOPE</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_TROPHY_MFD</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_VERYVERYHARDNOSE</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_WELCOME_MAT</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>EQ_WORMHOLE_SCANNER</key>
<integer>1</integer>

Hopefully you got some other ideas how to fix this annoying bug. I am currently flying a "Caduceus Omega" which up to my limited experience as newcomer is one of the best ships before they get "ueber". :D
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Yes, the lines you have highlighted are in the equipment listed for your ship. To remove the tanks you will need to delete those two lines from the file, then just don't buy them again if they are offered.
This is an unusual (and rare) problem which only seems to happen under certain circumstances with specific OXPs installed, so a fix is on the way, but I don't think it is worth releasing an update just for this. It will be sorted in the next update cycle (whenever that will be).
BTW, many of us around here consider the Caduceus to be quite 'Uber'. :wink: Any ship noticeably better than the standard BCC is stretching things a bit really, in my opinion.
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Removed and, as you promised, problem fixed. All tanks are back to normal. Thanks for the quick and competent help.

I admit that a Caduceus is making your live a lot easier, most standard ships are easy to take out. However, as long as you got attackers who really offer a challenge I will stick with it. I might try the Imperial Star Destroyer in future just for fun. :D
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.
Fleurghber
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Fleurghber »

Something's not right here:

"Opening log for Oolite version 1.86 (x86-64) under Mac OS X Version 10.9.5 (Build 13F1911) at 2018-03-17 01:18:16 pm +0000.
Machine type: iMac14,1, 8192 MiB memory, 4 x x86 (Haswell) @ 2700 MHz.
Build options: OpenAL, new planets.

Note that the contents of the log file can be adjusted by editing logcontrol.plist.

13:18:16.912 [dataCache.rebuild.pathsChanged]: Cache is stale (search paths have changed). Rebuilding from scratch.
13:18:16.939 [system]: Invalid color System, labelColor (warning given only once)
13:18:17.102 [rendering.opengl.version]: OpenGL renderer version: 2.1.0 ("2.1 INTEL-8.28.37"). Vendor: "Intel Inc.". Renderer: "Intel Iris Pro OpenGL Engine".
13:18:17.102 [rendering.opengl.extensions]: OpenGL extensions (128):
GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_EXT_transform_feedback, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3, GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex, GL_EXT_debug_label, GL_EXT_geometry_shader4, GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit, GL_ATI_separate_stencil, GL_APPLE_vertex_point_size, GL_EXT_texture_rectangle, GL_APPLE_specular_vector, GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_EXT_blend_color, GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_EXT_provoking_vertex, GL_EXT_texture_array, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_APPLE_pixel_buffer, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_APPLE_fence, GL_APPLE_ycbcr_422, GL_EXT_timer_query, GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra, GL_ARB_depth_clamp, GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled, GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod, GL_ARB_texture_float, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_NV_texture_barrier, GL_ARB_provoking_vertex, GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_APPLE_object_purgeable, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_APPLE_rgb_422, GL_NV_depth_clamp, GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_APPLE_element_array, GL_ATI_texture_float, GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_ARB_sync, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_APPLE_texture_range, GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_ARB_instanced_arrays, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_EXT_draw_buffers2, GL_ARB_shading_language_100, GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_ARB_vertex_blend, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_EXT_packed_float, GL_APPLE_aux_depth_stencil, GL_APPLE_row_bytes, GL_NV_light_max_exponent, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_ARB_color_buffer_float, GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_APPLE_client_storage, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_EXT_gpu_shader4, GL_APPLE_flush_render, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object, GL_APPLE_vertex_program_evaluators, GL_APPLE_transform_hint, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_APPLE_flush_buffer_range, GL_EXT_texture_integer, GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp, GL_NV_fog_distance, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_ARB_texture_rg, GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map, GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object, GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_ARB_half_float_vertex, GL_APPLE_vertex_array_range, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_ARB_half_float_pixel, GL_APPLE_packed_pixels, GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_EXT_debug_marker, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode, GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint, GL_SGIS_texture_lod, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent, GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once, GL_APPLE_float_pixels, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample, GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float, GL_ARB_draw_instanced
13:18:17.107 [rendering.opengl.shader.support]: Shaders are supported.
13:18:17.115 [dataCache.rebuild.pathsChanged]: Cache is stale (search paths have changed). Rebuilding from scratch.
13:18:17.115 [searchPaths.dumpAll]: Resource paths:
~/Desktop/Games and things/Elite family/Oolite-1.86/Oolite.app/Contents/Resources
~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns
~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns
~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.smivs.ExtraFuelTanks.oxz
13:18:17.123 [shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data.
13:18:17.414 [plist.parse.failed]: Failed to parse ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.smivs.ExtraFuelTanks.oxz/Config/equipment.plist as a property list.
Unexpected character ( at line 1
13:18:17.605 [startup.complete]: ========== Loading complete in 0.66 seconds. ==========
13:18:18.852 [exit.context]: Exiting: Exit Game selected on start screen.

Closing log at 2018-03-17 01:18:18 pm +0000."
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

:roll: Another missing ';' somewhere - I'll sort it out ASAP. :)
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Looks like this might be an extra ',' (comma) rather than a semi-colon issue.
Can you go to line 45 in the equipment.plist and remove one of the two commas at the end of the line and see if that fixes it? If it does the trick I will get an updated version to the manager.
Thanks.
Fleurghber
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Fleurghber »

Thanks, but I've tried to fix apparent errors of this type before: the computer doesn't seem to like my "improved" versions any better.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

v1.8 is now available.

Just a simple edit to the equipment.plist to avoid the mac parsing error. Thanks to Fleurghber for alerting me to this, and for helping check the fix.