[UPDATED RELEASE] - Explorers' Club OXP v.1.3.3 30/06/12

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [UPDATED RELEASE] - Explorers' Club OXP v.1.1 24/11/11

Post by Wildeblood »

Capt. Murphy wrote:
Wildeblood also says you spotted a small bug on on the LR chart display the first jump after a Galactic Jump - will get that sorted as-well.
It's a variable typing thing - the empty array, before first save, is being translated into a mathematical zero by javascript's automatic variable typing. That's my theory.
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Spot on. It just needs a condition check somewhere.
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Coming soon...a little extra functionality. 3 mission screens showing either

a) If visited systems in current galaxy <=128

Visited Systems, Unvisited Systems Page 1, Unvisited Systems Page 2

b) If visited systems in current galaxy > 128

Visited Systems Page 1, Visited Systems Page 2, Unvisited Systems

Haven't quite decided how to trigger as yet - my first inclination is if on the LR chart in 'mark visited systems mode' and press F6, or it could be another choice on the options screen (although that wouldn't work in the upcoming OXPconfig version)

ImageImageImage

Systems visited are in order of visit, unvisited systems are in order of system ID. Would it be better to have the unvisited in alphabetical order?
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Okti wrote:
Capt. Murphy wrote:
Unfortunately the minimum interval for a timer is 0.25s so it's not a straightforward tweak. Might be able to do something with a frame callback, I'll have a think.

Edit to add - I could do something with TAF, but then that maybe wouldn't work with MNSR, depending on what build type is used for distribution.
Try .125, works better.

Edit: Wiki may be out of date but not sure about that
I've done some checking and anything under 0.25 resets to 0.25 on my system as expected. But I have a cunning plan involving multiple timers running at the same time. If I don't log on for a few days it's because my computer has exploded.... :mrgreen:

edit - it works and no explosions...basically both timers call the same function, one with a start delay of 0.125 and an interval of 0.25 and the second with a start delay of 0.25 and an interval of 0.25. The function is called every 0.125 seconds. :mrgreen:
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Why not use a frameCallback instead?

Those are executed every time the frames are refreshed ( 0.01666... seconds when running at 60fps) , which is the smallest amount of time you can actually get inside the Ooniverse.

"Course, you'll have to add code to skip a few callbacks... ;)

Something like this

Code: Select all

// should do its stuff every .10 seconds! Oolite will try to run at 60 fps;
this.framesToSkip = this.skippedFrames = 6;

this.mySpiffyFCFunction = function (){
  if (this.skippedFrames-- > 0) return;
  this.skippedFrames=this.framesToSkip;

// finally do stuff!

}
You could make the skipframe code a bit smarter by checking against Oolite's internal clock, though! :P
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Okti
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Okti »

Completed the run with witchspace option and using Jump Planner. It was interesting to see the routes in all galaxies, because my intention was to complete the run with minimum jumps. Jump Planner is a real good cheat but it helps to sort out oxp problems quickly.

About G2, I never ever spended a lot of time there before and it seems to have about 10 Gateaway systems(A system connecting a group of sytems to other systems).

As I expected near by systems or systems sharing the same position gave me a bit of problem but sorted them out.

Also Nova systems was a pain in the neck. I had one in G4 and two in G7 because I played Assasins twice.

I had to cancel the timer in my version of the OXP and changed the code to display the all visited at once. Otherwise I was loosing a lot of time.

Great Idea by Mauiby and good scripting from Capt. Murphy.

Okti
My OXP's
And Latest Mission Coyote's Run
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

Nova systems may make 100% completion impossible if you're supposed to dock with the main station to prove you've been there.
Okti
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Okti »

Switeck wrote:
Nova systems may make 100% completion impossible if you're supposed to dock with the main station to prove you've been there.
Absolutely!
My OXP's
And Latest Mission Coyote's Run
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Wildeblood wrote:
Disembodied wrote:
Wildeblood wrote:
And the Explorers' Club should not welcome criminals as members.
I'm with El Viejo here ... it's not really a proper Explorers' Club unless there's a few villains, bounders, cads and rogues hob-nobbing together in the library.
Okay, you talked me around with your silver-tongued powers of persuasion.
Having established that fugitives and suchlike are welcome, I am of course reminded of a Groucho Marx line... something like:
'Do you think I'd join a club that would let a man like me in... no way!'
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Looking
Poor
Poor

Post by Looking »

Hi,
When I manually add a system it does not get added to the total systems visited on the manifest page.
Is this the way its intended or is it a glitch.
Having already completed half the systems before this oxp was written it would be good to get them added onto the total.
Dave
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Hi Dave,

The unmark/mark features are simply there to 'mark' or unmark a system on the LR Map - nothing else at all. The main reason they are included is so that players who use the animated map features can reinstate systems marked as a contract or mission destination, although I can think of some other uses that makes them them a useful little feature in their own right (e.g. a GalNavy user may want to mark the SECOM stations, a player who is often getting their high tech equipment damaged might want to mark tech level 14 planets so they can get to them quick for repairs etc.)

I'm loathe to include a method to add systems to the visited record without actually having visited them (with the OXP installed). I guess you can think of it that the Explorers' Club adjudicators do not recognise unverified explorations before a player has 'joined' the club.

If you really want to include systems visited prior to installation you could hack around with the missionVariable in your save file. It looks like this for a new commander at Lave:

<key>mission_explorerClub_record</key>
<string>[[7],[],[],[],[],[],[],[]]</string>

Each of the eight sets of square brackets are for each galaxy in turn. Inside them are the system ID's of visited systems separated by commas. So if the above commander had been to Zoance and Diso it would look like this...Lave isn't added again if it's visited a second time on route.

<string>[[7,129,147],[],[],[],[],[],[],[]]</string>

He then (somehow) has already managed to make enough credits for a Galactic HyperDrive and jumps to Vearin G2.

<string>[[7,129,147],[250],[],[],[],[],[],[]]</string>

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Oolite_planet_list can be used to identify the ID's from system names or the maps.
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Re: [UPDATED RELEASE] - Explorers' Club OXP v.1.2.1 01/12/11

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Version 1.2.1 is available to download. See 1st post for download link and full readme. Thanks to Wildeblood and Okti for testing. Seems quite popular - version 1.1 had 70 downloads in a week.

Changes..
Version 1.2.1: 1/12/11

Added functionality to view long range chart with unvisited systems marked, to view list of system names visited and unvisited in current galaxy, and to view list of mile-stones.
All missionScreens now managed via missionScreenOpportunity.
Long range chart mark visited systems animation will now complete in a maximum of 32 seconds (if all 256 systems have been visited).
Script now uses strict mode.
Added code to disable OXP entirely if player is in a galaxy outside of the range 1 to 8.
Added code to disable mile-stones feature if player is using a non-standard galaxy_seed.
I think the only thing missing from this OXP is a few artistic tweaks, such as a background graphic of an Explorers' Club Logo for the mission screens. In my mind I can see something loosely based on the National Geographic logo but with a stars and nebulae background and a Cobra flying through the square. I'm not a artistic person so if anyone wants to submit a graphic for inclusion feel free.
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

I just - this afternoon - got to my 128th planet since you created this brilliant OXP, Capt. Murphy. I'm now an Apprentice Explorer, "Novice" no more. Thank you once again for making this, it's excellent. Best OXP of the year.
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

You're welcome, I'm glad you like it - even the bits the bloat the code a little...... :wink:
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Re: [UPDATED RELEASE] - Explorers' Club OXP v.1.3.1 21/1/12

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Hi,

Version 1.3.1 of this OXP is now available.

It comes in two sub-versions.

Version 1.3.1 is standalone and has no dependencies (has internal options screen).
Version 1.3.1oxpC is dependent on OXPconfig to change options.

Download links and full readme for both versions are in the first post.

Changelog:
Version 1.3.1: 21/1/12

Made compatible with Save Anywhere OXP.
Amended start-up behaviour for 1.76.
Removed use of forEach method for array iteration.
Message appended to system description on F7 screen to indicate whether system has been visited or not.
Added background image to missionScreens.
Added experimental photographic record of visited systems feature (thanks to Wildeblood for the snapshot HUD and some script suggestions, and thanks to the Honourable Guild of Test-Pilots for their valuable testing services).

Version 1.3.1oxpC: 21/1/12

Same features as 1.3.1 but options are set via oxpConfig.