Some sensible tweaks

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Svengali
Commander
Commander

Re: Some sensible tweaks

Post by Svengali »

Wildeblood wrote:
Addendum: Has anyone ever done this in a ship OXP - adding a sound effect to a shipSpawned event to alert the player when a particular ship is about?
Cabal_Common_Music (used in Vector and the demo) does something similiar. It plays the specified musicfile when a specific ship is close to the player. Dunno if it still works in v1.80/v1.82. Oh, and establishing streams is costly.
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

phkb wrote:
The problem is that "legality_export" is present on all items. It's just zero for most of them. Which means that the undocumented launch option will be available as long as the player has any cargo at all.
Yeah, nah. If it's zero the condition test (0 & 1) should fail, not pass. Something else is happening.
"So anti-globalist, he's practically a flat-earther."
Lone_Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lone_Wolf »

Wildeblood wrote:
Yeah, nah. If it's zero the condition test (0 & 1) should fail, not pass. Something else is happening.
WildeBlood, that sounds like you assume js treats market[prop].legality_export as a Boolean value where 0 equates false .

legality_export is a number according to wiki, and i think js doesn't convert that into a boolean value, but interprets your condition as "does market[prop].legality_export exist" .

OXPs : My user page

Retired, reachable at [email protected]
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Lone_Wolf wrote:
WildeBlood, that sounds like you assume js treats market[prop].legality_export as a Boolean value where 0 equates false .
JS treats various things as false in that sort of check - false, 0, "", null and undefined. Usually useful; occasionally a problem when the sort of false something is matters.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Wiki page put up for Dockside Services: http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Dockside_Services

As far as I can tell, this OXP is now redundant. Everything it does is already incorporated into the Game Code.

Or am I wrong?
Last edited by Cholmondely on Thu May 20, 2021 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Wiki page put up for Undocumented Launch: http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Undocumented_Launch
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?