Some sensible tweaks

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Space_Harpoon
Poor
Poor

Re: Some sensible tweaks

Post by Space_Harpoon »

hey Wildeblood, just to clarify that report I was indeed trying to launch from the primary coriolis stations in each system and failing to find the option. I'll do a check and see if maybe it's just conflicting with some other oxp, although the only other expansion I have that affects those screens is your Dockside Services oxp. and I use 1.80 - I didn't even know there was a 1.81, what is meant by "nightly builds"? like every night it gets re-updated?

edit: ok, after a bit of fiddling, I figured out that the Undocumented Launch option seems to be removed from the F3 list when I have Cim's NewCargoes.oxp installed. I'm not sure if he meant this to be a feature of the expansion, although I haven't seen anything on his OXP page about it.
Last edited by Space_Harpoon on Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Space_Harpoon wrote:
I didn't even know there was a 1.81, what is meant by "nightly builds"? like every night it gets re-updated?
Exactly. Some days the new features are smooth, and other days they're broken.
Space_Harpoon
Poor
Poor

Post by Space_Harpoon »

haha, I much prefer a stable release myself, despite the fact that I rarely play more than a day or two before starting a new Jameson
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Space_Harpoon wrote:
I figured out that the Undocumented Launch option seems to be removed from the F3 list when I have Cim's NewCargoes.oxp installed. I'm not sure if he meant this to be a feature of the expansion, although I haven't seen anything on his OXP page about it.
Oh yeah, that's the culprit. New Cargoes changes core Oolite's configuration to make everything legal, then re-implements the controlled commodities in its own javascripts. While it's there any other OXP checking for illegal goods won't find anything. It also doesn't broadcast details to other OXPs when it adds and removes cargo, so will mislead ones like Market Observer or Trading Assistant that track trading.
Space_Harpoon
Poor
Poor

Post by Space_Harpoon »

ah dang! well thanks for the heads up, and sorry about the red flag there. guess I'll uninstall New Cargoes, it's neat but I don't get enough out of it anyway, it's not like I've ever made a profit selling the specialty cargoes. still it could be cool if cim implemented it in a less... disruptive way hahaha
gizmo
Deadly
Deadly

Post by gizmo »

HUD Vanisher has a problem with (at least) the parcel contracts screen.
See https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17256
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

Wildeblood, I noticed that "Untrumbled" wasn't working in 1.82. I tracked the problem down to this line of code:

Code: Select all

if (prop !== "name" && prop !== "version") delete worldScripts["oolite-trumbles"][prop];
If you make it read like this:

if (prop !== "name" && prop !== "version" && prop !== "oolite_manifest_identifier") delete worldScripts["oolite-trumbles"][prop];
then the universe is untrumbled once again!
Layne
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Layne »

phkb wrote:
then the universe is untrumbled once again!
Well spotted, phkb! I was hoping someone would spray 1.82 for Trumbles!
Reports of my death have been greatly underestimated.
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

phkb wrote:
...then the universe is untrumbled once again!
Yay! Thanks for that. It's that time of day when the wiki server goes offline, so I'll upload it later.
Day
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Day »

Thank you phkb !
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Wildeblood wrote:
London, 1963
Blimey, I might be everywhere, but I can't do everywhen! How is 1963 - I hope it is still as cool as when I last saw it.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Smivs wrote:
Wildeblood wrote:
London, 1963
Blimey, I might be everywhere, but I can't do everywhen! How is 1963 - I hope it is still as cool as when I last saw it.
Oh, you know, adventuring, jetsetting, relieving criminals of their boodle. The ordinary pursuits of a gentleman.

Surprisingly colourless. Before arriving I had supposed the world being monochrome prior to the late 60s/early 70s was just a myth.

I fear I am being stalked by an invisible musician: a four note musical "sting" is sometimes heard when I am mentioned by name, but it has no visible origin. It's somewhat spooky.

Addendum: Has anyone ever done this in a ship OXP - adding a sound effect to a shipSpawned event to alert the player when a particular ship is about?
"So anti-globalist, he's practically a flat-earther."
phkb

Post by phkb »

Wildeblood, there appears to be a small issue with "Undocumented Launch" 1.1. In the "undocumented_launch_available.js" I think you need to change this line:

if (market[prop].legality_export && manifest[prop]) {
to this

if (market[prop].legality_export > 0 && manifest[prop]) {
Otherwise it appears regardless of whether you have illegal goods in your hold or not.
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

That doesn't sound right. Are you sure?
"So anti-globalist, he's practically a flat-earther."
phkb

Post by phkb »

Well, I know in the past I've posted Javascript fixes that were, shall we say, unpolished :wink: , but in this case I did actually test the fix first.

The logic in the first one, as I understand it, is: (If there is a "legality_export" object on this manifest item at the station) and (If there is a manfest item in the player's ship).

The problem is that "legality_export" is present on all items. It's just zero for most of them. Which means that the undocumented launch option will be available as long as the player has any cargo at all.