Some sensible tweaks

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Shipbuilder
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Some sensible tweaks (planets, stars, galaxies, etc.)

Post by Shipbuilder »

I must have just been lucky then as it seemed that Oolite was selecting say one type of cargo randomly rather than selecting a individual cargo canister.

Thanks for the clarification anyway :wink:
The GalTech Industries Corporation - Building ships to populate the galaxies.

Increase the variety of ships within your Ooniverse by downloading my OXPs

Flying the [wiki]Serpent_Class_Cruiser[/wiki] "Thargoid's Bane"
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

It becomes interesting when you are carrying more than 1t of Gold. That amount does not fit in the vault and than the gold is also put into containers in your cargo bay. When having bad luck, a laser might shoot a hole in such a container with 1000 kg of Gold.

What I don't get is why it than becomes worthless. With a shot into a container of computers I can understand why they become worthless. And also with a laser-hole in a container of liquor I can understand that the content will poor away. But with a container of pure gold, or with minerals?
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Eric Walch wrote:
What I don't get is why it than becomes worthless. With a shot into a container of computers I can understand why they become worthless. And also with a laser-hole in a container of liquor I can understand that the content will poor away. But with a container of pure gold, or with minerals?
Vaporized is atomised is disintegrated is gone, doesn't matter whether it's positronic brains or gold.
Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tricky »

There should be a new commodity of "Handwavium". :lol:
DeathKnyte
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by DeathKnyte »

Eric Walch wrote:
It becomes interesting when you are carrying more than 1t of Gold. That amount does not fit in the vault and than the gold is also put into containers in your cargo bay. When having bad luck, a laser might shoot a hole in such a container with 1000 kg of Gold.
I can tell you that, the above misfortune has happened to me.
:(

Eric Walch wrote:
You are one of the Developers.
Fix it.
:)
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

DeathKnyte wrote:
(Man, this forum is huge, it's impossible trying to pinpoint some things...)
It is.. and the built-in search tool leaves a lot to be desired.. it tends to miss things.

So.. (blowing my own trumpet here)

May I humbly suggest you try Dizzy's Oolite Bulletin Board Browser Search Plugin. It harnesses the power of Google to search the Oolite BB directly. There are instructions for Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

And a very useful tool it is too - it does get the occasional plug whenever someone bemoans the search function.
I didn't know you could play the trumpet, Diz - impressive!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

El Viejo wrote:
And a very useful tool it is too - it does get the occasional plug whenever someone bemoans the search function.
Aye, I've noticed.. :wink:

And it has at last been stickied! Yay! :lol:
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

HUD Vanisher OXP ver. 1
https://www.box.com/s/wyivf76a6f8nl3mupp42

HUD Vanisher OXP will automatically switch off Oolite's HUD when you change to an external viewpoint of your ship by pressing the v key, and switch the HUD back on when changing back to one of the normal views. (You can still switch the HUD on or off normally, by pausing the game then pressing the o key while paused.) To use, place the OXP into your "AddOns" folder.

Edit: OXP name changed, thanks to superbatprime.
Last edited by Wildeblood on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"So anti-globalist, he's practically a flat-earther."
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Very cool idea.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Wildeblood wrote:
HUD Vanisher OXP ver. 1
https://www.box.com/s/wyivf76a6f8nl3mupp42

HUD Vanisher OXP will automatically switch off Oolite's HUD when you change to an external viewpoint of your ship by pressing the v key, and switch the HUD back on when changing back to one of the normal views. (You can still switch the HUD on or off normally, by pausing the game then pressing the o key while paused.) To use, place the OXP into your "AddOns" folder.

Edit: OXP name changed, thanks to superbatprime.
Having used it for a while now, I'm a big fan of this OXP. Saves a lot of faffing about. Thanks! :D

It has a wee bug in trunk though. If you access a Contract map (via the F4 'Terminal') it causes the text "Press Space Commander" to be visible at the bottom of the screen. I've checked with this as the only installed OXP, so it's not due to interaction with any other OXPs.

On its' own..

With BGS..

Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Wildeblood wrote:
HUD Vanisher OXP ver. 1

Diziet Sma wrote:
It has a wee bug in trunk though. If you access a Contract map (via the F4 'Terminal') it causes the text "Press Space Commander" to be visible at the bottom of the screen. I've checked with this as the only installed OXP, so it's not due to interaction with any other OXPs.
Fixed with version 1.1, apparently. :mrgreen:
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Some sensible tweaks

Post by Diziet Sma »

Wildeblood wrote:
Dockside Services OXP ver. 1.0
This OXP de-nerdifies the "Ship and Station Interfaces" screen, for people who prefer English. (And fixes a spelling mistake in the ship registration screen, too. "Galactice" Co-operative, really?)
Presumably you've also notified the devs, so that it can be fixed in 1.80.1, along with all the other bugs found so far? :wink:
Neelix
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Neelix »

Wildeblood wrote:
Dockside Services OXP ver. 1.0

http://wiki.alioth.net/img_auth.php/a/a ... es_1.0.oxz

This OXP de-nerdifies the "Ship and Station Interfaces" screen, for people who prefer English. (And fixes a spelling mistake in the ship registration screen, too. "Galactice" Co-operative, really?)
So aside from fixing a spelling error that I almost never see what does this actually do? That description is rather vague...

- Neelix
Talaxian Enterprises: [wiki]Vacuum Pump[/wiki] [wiki]Waypoint Here[/wiki]
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

I've received a disturbing report about Undocumented Launch:-
I can't seem to find any "undocumented launch" or "bribe station master" option on the F3/F4 screens at any station, even when I have slaves/narcotics/firearms in my hold. Am I missing something?
No, you're understanding the concept correctly. It should appear in the F3 Equip Ship screen as "Undocumented Launch". The original version was always there, which was lame, but the OXZ version should only appear if you have illegal exports in the hold and it's a main station (there's no law against exporting such things from rock hermits, etc). It won't work with Oolite 1.81 (nightly development builds) because of recent changes within Oolite, but should be working in Oolite 1.80.

Comment from anyone else who has tried this OXZ, please?