Calling All Modellers... (reduxing the Commies)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Staer9
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Calling All Modellers... (reduxing the Commies)

Post by Staer9 »

Gimi wrote:
With so many excellent ship designers coming on-line lately, I'm going to bold (if not right out rude when suggesting others do the work) and suggest that a team is formed who can update and modernise the ships in some of the older flavour OXP's. Dr Nil's Commies comes to mind, and he for one has given permission to do so.
Well, who would be interested in actually doing this (I will happily make ships, but my own shipset is still getting worked on, so I won't be able to put as much time into it)

download the resources (all original models in .obj and .mtl format) Here
some late-to-arrive modeller wrote:
Ah but Staer9, someone remade the ship that I wanted to do before I actually did it :cry:
That doesn't matter, make it anyway, then there can be variations of that same ship
Last edited by Staer9 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
ace\56
Above Average
Above Average

Re: Calling All Modellers...

Post by ace\56 »

I'll be doing some

I will do:
Sturgeon Mk.I
Giant Ray
Astrogulag Scavenger Ray
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

It's a good idea, but be careful and make sure you get WRITTEN permission from each OXP author whose work you are going to update.

If the author isn't generally around the forum any more, it would be advisable to try and seek them out (website, email etc) before doing anything.

:-)
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

Selezen wrote:
It's a good idea, but be careful and make sure you get WRITTEN permission from each OXP author whose work you are going to update.

If the author isn't generally around the forum any more, it would be advisable to try and seek them out (website, email etc) before doing anything.

:-)
Always a good idea, but if the license allows it and no contact can be made with the author, It is OK to go ahead according to the relevant license. For the three ships in question, they are all from Commies, and Dr Nil has given his permission in writing elsewhere on the bb.
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).