(NEW RELEASE) MultipleForwardLaserPlayerShips(MFLPS).oxp

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

dertien
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: (NEW RELEASE) MultipleForwardLaserPlayerShips(MFLPS).oxp

Post by dertien »

Yes, and properly balanced it would give these a meaningfull addition to the oxp park.

Alternating pulse lasers for those who wish. The nice thing about oxp's is, that if you don't like them because you want to play classic old school, you can just easily by not downloading it in the first place. If you feel like tweaking it you can, since it's open source.

Just my two cents.
Alpha Backer of Elite Dangerous
With 250 GBP :D
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

After having a second thought at the "switchable weapon" - idea, I think that this could be done quite lightly. When you think about it, the only practical application would be switching the current weapon to a mining laser. Don't see much point in the other possibilities really. So an upgrade to a military laser might work here. It would modify an installed forward military laser so that it has a second mode of operation, mining. Mode could be changed with a primable equipment. The selector would be breakable, so that you are left with the mode that was active. This way it would not need extra space and could cost the price of a mining laser.

The only thing I'm bothered with here is that the NPCs should definitely get the same advantage. Mining Transporter firing you with a military laser after it has just blasted asteroids with a mining laser would be a nice surprise :twisted: .
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

dertien wrote:
Pressing V in flight gives me a guncamera, but only the laser at the left fires. What is the aft weapon conversion kit, how do I fill up the secondary weapon mount, or what should I do to have 2 lasers firing at the front ?
The secret is in shipdata.plist: if you ride a custom ship defined in this oxp then you have two external views. If you press "v" then you get the first where you can fire your forward weapon, if you press again then fire with the originally aft but the "converson kit" turned it to fire forward. You can not fire both at the same time but you can switch when one is overheated.

There are some technical problem with this solution:
- show a custom hud so if you want your favorite then you need manually copy your custom hud.plist to mflpsintegratedguncamerahud.plist,
- the second laser technically still fire backward but from a very far point in front of you towards you, so if two target is in line then you will hit the farther, so you must be careful and avoid fire if a friendly target is behind your enemy.

For a mining laser you can try [wiki]Weapon_Rotator[/wiki].
dertien
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dertien »

Thank you Norby !!!

That explains it all, since I indeed only saw the camera with the two grey guns alternating but no hud anymore. Problem is that even after purchase of an aft laser it does not fire, only the frontal one fires.

Oh well, I will try it out and dig into it when I need it later. I kinda like the idea since this could be the kind of "cycle fire" I am after.
Alpha Backer of Elite Dangerous
With 250 GBP :D