human size in oolite

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Re: human size in oolite

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Thargoid wrote:
Yeah, we just chop you off at the knees :twisted:
Fighter pilots are measured, not for height, but for the length of their thigh, lest they lose their knees during an ejection (this is true in the RAF, I presume it must also be true in other air forces)
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

ClymAngus wrote:
CommonSenseOTB wrote:
That's very inspirational to see another perspective on the oolite dimensions. Thanks ClymAngus. :)
Whilst most of this is conducted in English, it is important to remember that those who don't are just as smart, devious and enjoy oolite just as much. We worry that few people care about oolite, maybe with the help of goggle translate and it's ilk, we could cast our net a little wider. :)

There are lots of people waiting to be translated, carrying on conversation that we would wish to be involved in, or at least understand. All we have to do, is spare the time to talk to them. It is easy to contain oneself in an intellectual linguistic vacuum. Hell, we do it without thinking, I certainly do! But if you have a passion, in this day and age language should be no barrier to involvement.

Just a thought.

Saskatchewan Eh? I do miss a proper winter.
The upside to 3 months of -30C to -40C degrees and and shovelling snow 2 or 3 times a week is having nothing else to do but script oxp's. :D

I can't wait! :P
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

CommonSenseOTB wrote:
ClymAngus wrote:
CommonSenseOTB wrote:
That's very inspirational to see another perspective on the oolite dimensions. Thanks ClymAngus. :)
Whilst most of this is conducted in English, it is important to remember that those who don't are just as smart, devious and enjoy oolite just as much. We worry that few people care about oolite, maybe with the help of goggle translate and it's ilk, we could cast our net a little wider. :)

There are lots of people waiting to be translated, carrying on conversation that we would wish to be involved in, or at least understand. All we have to do, is spare the time to talk to them. It is easy to contain oneself in an intellectual linguistic vacuum. Hell, we do it without thinking, I certainly do! But if you have a passion, in this day and age language should be no barrier to involvement.

Just a thought.

Saskatchewan Eh? I do miss a proper winter.
The upside to 3 months of -30C to -40C degrees and and shovelling snow 2 or 3 times a week is having nothing else to do but script oxp's. :D

I can't wait! :P
I only ever managed Quebec City in April - there was a lot of snow (still) and all the the lovely people kept apologising for the weather... :)

[Was lucky enough to stay at Château Frontenac at Government rates...]

Selezen wrote:
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
Thargoid wrote:
Yeah, we just chop you off at the knees :twisted:
Fighter pilots are measured, not for height, but for the length of their thigh, lest they lose their knees during an ejection (this is true in the RAF, I presume it must also be true in other air forces)
As long as pilots can fit into an escape pod in oolite things are great. :)
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs
RyanHoots
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by RyanHoots »

CommonSenseOTB wrote:
As long as pilots can fit into an escape pod in oolite things are great. :)
"Um, captain... I can't fit in this escape pod."
"Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you're seven meters tall."
:roll:
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

I guess it boils down to whether an escape pod is an additional item that's bolted onto the ship which is ejected as a "pod" - which I have presumed is the case for bigger ships and those which carry passengers - or whether the whole cabin/cockpit is jettisoned and becomes the pod which I have presumed would be the case for sleek small ships such as adders, sidewinders and geckos.
Selezen wrote: