Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

(NEW RELEASE) ChupacabraHUD.oxp

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: (NEW RELEASE) ChupacabraHUD.oxp

Post by Zireael »

I wish it were possible to add shield readout numbers to this hud (and other huds, too) - numbers being smaller than Numeric HUD's, of course.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Zireael wrote:
I wish it were possible to add shield readout numbers to this hud (and other huds, too) - numbers being smaller than Numeric HUD's, of course.
It would be quite interesting, if someone were to create a minimal hud around MFDs. The idea would be to put all possible information into MFDs.
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

spara wrote:
Zireael wrote:
It would be quite interesting, if someone were to create a minimal hud around MFDs. The idea would be to put all possible information into MFDs.
You know, I rather thought of stealing Numeric's code and not of MFDs ...

but this idea (MFD HUD) is brilliant!!!

EDIT: I'd do it myself if not for the fact I'm gonna be computer and Oolite-less for a month.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

You can use my code from [wiki]Detectors[/wiki] which use numeric characters to show values around crosshairs.
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

Norby wrote:
You can use my code from [wiki]Detectors[/wiki] which use numeric characters to show values around crosshairs.
That's a good idea, too. Maybe it would be possible to make a new NumHUD with smaller numeric characters instead of CSOB's big ones?
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

Zireael wrote:
it would be possible to make a new NumHUD with smaller numeric characters instead of CSOB's big ones?
Yes, but too small is bad in combat imho. Also there is no color field of the used text legends, so you must make pictures which need some work..
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

On my AppleMac, running various versions between 1.77 and 1.91 this HUD no longer shows - but the Missile Identification works fine in each!
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?