Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Good Oolite missions...

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

onno256
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Good Oolite missions...

Post by onno256 »

I also have played the Vector mission, it's good, with very nice mission screens!

I forgot to menrion I have also played the Trident Down mission(s), a must do!

Greetz,
Onno.
Wheeling an' dealing while cruisin' the galaxies
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Mauiby de Fug wrote:
Capt. Murphy wrote:
Don't forget to do the Ionics mission whilst in G2 - by all accounts it's very good. I've been inching my way across G2 for the past 6 weeks or so to the start location and am nearly there. Just gotta stop getting distracted by OXP making and actually play my commander for more than 5-10 minutes at a time.
Oh, it's definitely good! But you'll need a tad more than 5 or 10 minutes to play it...
Managed to get in a good few hours of game time in this week and am there. That Funnellweb can't half take a battering.
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Mauiby de Fug wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:38 pm
I've played through most of the missions that are around, and have enjoyed them all. They can add quite a bit of variety to your gameplay. I'd obviously recommend completing all of the native missions, to get the full Oolite experience. After that, well, it depends on what you want. Cloaking Device is barely a mission, and Asteroid Storm is pretty limited. You can read some brief descriptions here, and the difficulty roughly corresponds to the kill count necessary or how high the starting galaxy number is. But playing through some of the really basic early ones can get you in the mindset and know what to expect for some of the later ones. Generally, I've found missions written by Thargoid to be pretty good, and as for large epic missions, there's the classic Assassin's Guild, and Trident Down. I haven't started Iron Raven yet, but from my experience with other oxps by Ramirez, I'd say it's pretty likely to be an epic one as well.
Any chance of an update to this?

I've included it on the https://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Categ ... sions_OXPs wiki page, but the page could do with an up-to-date version (over half the list is missing with no indication as to whether or not you gave any of the a stab!).
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?