Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

[UPDATED RELEASE] - Escape Pod Locator v1.4.1 (05/06/12)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

spud42
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [UPDATED RELEASE] - Escape Pod Locator v1.4.1 (05/06/12)

Post by spud42 »

no idea , i cant find the buggers!!! there i was at Anisor chart 1, just left the station picked up an escape pod beacon. ok Cmdr Cowen search and rescue time.....
couldnt find it.... no E on the compas...... Cmdr has two screens so he pulls the wiki up on the second screen and finds out how to use the advanced compas he bought ages ago.... press "\"to cycle through.....duh.
ok now we have something to aim at. center the signal and go after it. nope still cant find it...... so i slow down and check bearings and try again slower... still no joy.
But i found an asteroid so not a total waste, having installed a mining laser as the rear laser. I get close to the asteroid turn 180 and blast away. Heaps of boulders now blast them into splinters and start collecting.... whos that firing on me? 5 pirates.. no way to run, out of witchspace fuel joyriding about looking for this escape pod.
got two of them but the third came at me from behind and R.I.P. Cmdr Cowen, friends and relative notified.

nothing showed up on the normal scanner either for the escape pod , should it?
Arthur: OK. Leave this to me. I'm British. I know how to queue.
OR i could go with
Arthur Dent: I always said there was something fundamentally wrong with the universe.
or simply
Neelix
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Neelix »

Cim helped identify the nature of the problem (with the ghost escape pod beacons) here:
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f= ... ad#p220257

The bad news is that the cause of the issue is not likely to be fixed for 1.80.

The good news is that it doesn't matter because I found a workaround. :)
I've made a patched version of ecl_escape_pod_beacon.js

To use, download the zip and follow the included instructions.
Download

Note that the patched file is based on the original script, not Dizzy's previous patch.
I've tested it and it seems to be working for me, but I recommend further testing.

- Neelix
Talaxian Enterprises: [wiki]Vacuum Pump[/wiki] [wiki]Waypoint Here[/wiki]
spud42
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spud42 »

cheers will try this soon. must admit to compleatly ignoring the escape pod msg's recently...hope this doesnt affect my rating. lol
Arthur: OK. Leave this to me. I'm British. I know how to queue.
OR i could go with
Arthur Dent: I always said there was something fundamentally wrong with the universe.
or simply