Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

(NEW RELEASE) Q-Chargerv1.2.oxp

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Q-Charger v1.21 - NPC version

Post by Norby »

I made a new version which capable to Q-Charge the NPCs.

The goal was that the ShipVersion OXP can award it to the enemy also. ;)
Astrobe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: (NEW RELEASE) Q-Chargerv1.2.oxp

Post by Astrobe »

FYI the link on the wiki for version 1.23 is wrong/dead.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Norby »

Fixed, thank you!
vsfc
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by vsfc »

Hi Commanders,

I am running 1.79 version of oolite, which I build from git trunk from time to time. Through the oxp manager downloaded q-charger oxp and removed other copy from AddOns folder. Q-Charger stopped working. Quick look through the script did not reveal anything at the moment.

For a time as someone will be looking at fixing this problem I have a suggestion to make this equipment primable to allow pilot to enable / disable Q-Charger. I find it useful for fuel collecting at the 100% speed using fuel collector and not having Q-Charger kick in. Very handy when you are in thargoid space and have no fuel left.

Cheers,
VSFC
vsfc
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by vsfc »

Here is a bit more info on this from log file.

../AddOns/ZygoCinematicSky&Nebulas1.3.oxp
../AddOns/ZygoTraffic V0.5.oxp
12:14:01.142 [shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data.
12:14:03.098 [script.javaScript.exception.syntaxError]: ***** JavaScript exception (Q-Charger.js.anon-script): SyntaxError: syntax error
12:14:03.098 [script.javaScript.exception.syntaxError]: OOLite/oolite/oolite.app-git-trunk/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.CommonSenseOTB.Q-Charger.oxz/Scripts/Q-Charger.js, line 112: if( Math.floor( ship.entityPersonality / 328 ) + 1 ) >= 60 ) ///exactly as in ShipVersion OXP
12:14:03.100 [script.javaScript.load.failed]: ***** Error loading JavaScript script OOLite/oolite/oolite.app-git-trunk/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.CommonSenseOTB.Q-Charger.oxz/Scripts/Q-Charger.js -- compilation failed
12:14:03.100 [script.load.notFound]: ***** ERROR: Could not find script file Q-Charger.js.
12:14:04.200 [script.load.world.listAll]: Loaded 355 world scripts:
aad-hud_eta 2.1
Altimeter 1.0

Cheers,

VSFC
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

vsfc wrote:
Through the oxp manager downloaded q-charger oxp and removed other copy from AddOns folder. Q-Charger stopped working.
Hmm.. The above is not really clear on the order of the steps taken.. did you remove the OXP version before you started Oolite and installed the OXZ version?

Or did you install the OXZ first, and then delete the OXP, either while Oolite was running, or after shutting Oolite down?

Because I could imagine that either of the methods in the second question might break things.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
vsfc
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by vsfc »

Lets say Q-Charger does not work when only oxz version is installed, no AddOns version is there. After oxz install I did shutdown and restarted oolite many times. The log snippet in the my next message shows that there is a syntax error in the code.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

VSFC
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Norby »

Thank you vsfc for the report, I fixed and made your requests in [EliteWiki] Q-Charger v1.24.

You should select the "Update expansions list" menu in the manager, then press "More" until the Q-Charger appear under the Equipment category. The light blue color indicate that there is a new version available. Press it and your update is done. :)
Digital86
Competent
Competent

Post by Digital86 »

Hi Commanders!
Readme Q-Chargerv1.23.txt wrote:
The Q-Charger kicks in when the throttle is set over 95% maximum. The speed will be maintained at a steady 2x ship max speed until it is kicked off by lowering the throttle below 95% maximum.
You need to make changes:
The Q-Charger kicks in when the throttle is set 100% maximum and press to 'throttle up'. The speed will be maintained at a steady 2x ship max speed until it is kicked off by lowering the throttle below 100% maximum.
Last edited by Digital86 on Thu May 08, 2014 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Norby »

I think the documentation is correct, following the js code:

Code: Select all

if(ship.speed > ship.maxSpeed * 0.95) ...
The default setting is enabled what you can disable if you prime and activate Q-Charger, so you do not need to press anything except if you disabled it first.
Astrobe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Astrobe »

I think throttle setting and speed are two distinct things. One can see it when disabling witchdrive injectors: there is a deceleration time during which your speed is higher than your throttle setting indicates. For instance you can adjust a similar test in the BulletDrive OXP, in order to change how early/late you lose/regain control of your ship.
Digital86
Competent
Competent

Post by Digital86 »

I do not need by default! I need to make myself included, press to "throttle up"
My English is very poor.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Norby »

You can disable by default if you change the word "true" to "false" in the 63. line in Scripts/Q-Charger.js (you can use wordpad or anything except notepad which break js scripts):

Code: Select all

this.qchargerenabled = false;
I can not make a button which similar with [EliteWiki] Injectors and operate until pressed down only.
We have a switch only what you can turn on/off after you selected Q-Charger in the primeable list by pressing Shift+N a few times. When this equipment is primed then you can use the "n" key to flip the switch.
Digital86
Competent
Competent

Post by Digital86 »

I am sorry you can't make double push on "throttle up"
Option "shift + n" - is not suitable
My English is very poor.
Digital86
Competent
Competent

Post by Digital86 »

Hi, everybody.
Change of speed happens jump.
It is possible to make to be accelerated and be slowed down smoothly?
Otherwise it is possible to break a neck :D
My English is very poor.