Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

(NEW RELEASE) Q-Chargerv1.2.oxp

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: (WIP) Q-Charger.oxp

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Anyone that wants to can post test results here, please and thankyou. :wink:
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

I think the sounds could need a bit filtering to get rid of the very hard high frequencies.

Probably the simplest way is to apply a Low-pass filter. Even better would be to analyze the spectrum and using a equalizer + compressor to avoid the phase shifting which can result in a 'pumping' effect.
Dragonfire
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Dragonfire »

You probably know already, but just to let you know, Q-Charger is incompatible with 1.75.2.
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Q-Chargerv1.1.oxp is now available.

Download here:
http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Q-Charger

Sounds have been put through a low-pass filter to attenuate the high frequencies. Sounds can be toggled off in the startup of the main script. Numeric Hudv1.3 will display the top speed on the speed gauge when the Q-Charger is activated.

Have fun! :D
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

WIKI+OXPs
sdrubble
Deadly
Deadly

Re: (NEW RELEASE) Q-Chargerv1.1.oxp

Post by sdrubble »

Hi CommonSenseOTB,

thx for the Q_Charger.

Been using it (1.1) for a few hours with mixed results... well, first of all I've changed line 56 of Q-Charger.js to:

Code: Select all

this.togglesoundfx1 = "OFF";// default "ON", change to "OFF" to turn off soundfx1(Q-Charger,power up and power down)(1,2,3,4,5)
However, Q-Charger.ogg comes on suddenly after coming out of each jump, and stays on forever regardless of ship speed. Cache is refreshed by default on every program start.

I also noticed a LOT of very similar log entries like these:

23:12:25.984 [ship.missileLaunch.invalidPosition]: ***** ERROR: The missile_launch_position defines a position (0, 0, -20.5) behind the <ShipEntity 0xca79890>{"Thargoid Warship" position: (6542.17, -289.358, 308267) scanClass: CLASS_THARGOID status: STATUS_IN_FLIGHT}. In future versions such missiles may explode on launch because they have to travel through the ship.
...where 1st position values are always constant, ShipEntity value is always constant, and 2nd position coords are never the same.

I've been playing recently with 2 new additional OXP's behind Q_Charger: Galaxy_Info and I_Missile. All other OXPs have been here for a longer time and I didn't notice any issues... I have no idea if this could be a case of OXP clash. :cry:

For the moment I'll just rename Q-Charger.ogg to something else and see what happens. Hope these symptoms might be easy to diagnose.

Cheers

UPDATE: just did a new short game session, now with [color=#0000FF]Q-Charger.ogg[/color] renamed to something else. No more bothering sounds during game - and no more extraneous Thargoid ships inside the log. :mrgreen:

However, I DID notice that [color=#BF0000]Q-Charger Power Down.ogg[/color] played just once, upon docking. I can live merrily with that... :lol: however we (you ?) might be wondering why the heck the sound would still be playing, while sounds are still marked 'OFF' in line above.

UPDATE 2: just checked again the previous log file (the one with issues). There were actually TWO different values for ShipEntity, which alternate at random inside the log. I suspect that this is indeed a different issue and has nothing to do with Q-Charger.

More cheers and thx :mrgreen:
Fatleaf
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by Fatleaf »

Hi sdrubble, do you have Galactic Navy OXP or/and Thargorn Threat oxp installed? If you have that is where these come from. If you replace the missile_launch_position in the shipdata Plist (0, 0, -20.5) with (0.0 -58.0 -0.0) in JavaScript it is "0.0 -58.0 -0.0"; It will clear things up.
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Thanx for reporting sdrubble, I'll have a look when I have some free time.

WIKI+OXPs
sdrubble
Deadly
Deadly

Post by sdrubble »

Thx Fatleaf,
Fatleaf wrote:
... do you have Galactic Navy OXP or/and Thargorn Threat oxp installed?
Answers are: NO and NO. :?
... that is where these come from. If you replace the missile_launch_position in the shipdata Plist (0, 0, -20.5) with (0.0 -58.0 -0.0) in JavaScript it is "0.0 -58.0 -0.0"; It will clear things up.
Mmmm... so I assume that some OTHER OXP might be the culprit, and I could do a a search on my OXP folder for this string '0, 0, -20.5' and see what I find.

Searching...

Well, Windoze is not that good at searching strings inside files inside folders. Might be better with proper tools (Listary comes to mind). Anyway, I just searched the AddOns folder and all subfolders for EACH of the following:

'-20.5'
"-20.5"
'20.5'
"20.5"
and found nothing, zero, nada, zilch. :(

Nice try though. Thx and cheeers !!! :D

UPDATE: just did another test. Searched for the string

missile_launch_position
within the ENTIRE Oolite folder & subfolders. Two occurrences were found... within the logs only (of course, they're the very same error msgs I've posted above. Duuuh.)

Would that mean that all my OXPs can be presumed innocent and the bug hides within the program itself ? :shock:
Last edited by sdrubble on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

:oops:
I should mention that the current Smivs'Shipset also has these incorrect positions, as they were inherited from an earlier version of Oolite.
The good news is that a new version with this corrected (along with many other improvements) is due for release any day now. :)
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
sdrubble
Deadly
Deadly

Post by sdrubble »

Just another quick update...

Having browsing the forums a bit, I came to believe that 1) this is an OLD issue. And 2) it seems to have no bad effects other than the entries in the log. And 3) it has absolutely nothing to do with the Q-Charger OXP.

The fun stuff comes now - it seems that Windows cannot correctly perform a search within UNIX-formatted text files. For I manually found some instances of the string that didn't appear on the search I did previously. :evil:

Namely, within [color=#0000FF]\Oolite\oolite.app\Resources\Config\shipdata.plist[/color] I have:

"thargoid" =
	{
		missile_launch_position = "0.0 -46.0 91.0";
		name = "Thargoid Warship";
which is the correct value, according to what I read in the Thargoid Wars thread.

So IMHO, what's left for OTB to possibly check is only the intruding sound issue... of course, someone else might be willing to shed any additional light into all of these issues, what would of course be very welcome.

Cheers
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Anyone with problems/issues/comments about the thargoid missile launch position should post/view the relevant infomation here:

https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f= ... 9&start=30

WIKI+OXPs
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Q-Chargerv1.2.oxp is now available.

Download here:
http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Q-Charger

Added 3 missing sound toggle checks to prevent problems with the sound when the sound is toggled to "OFF". Thanx sdrubble for pointing out the problem. Now fixed! :D

Any playtest results or bugs or comments about the Q-Charger may be posted here.

Now go have some fun! :D

WIKI+OXPs
sdrubble
Deadly
Deadly

Post by sdrubble »

CommonSenseOTB wrote:
Q-Chargerv1.2.oxp is now available.
Great ! :lol:

Downloaded, installed, toggled sound OFF.
NO renaming of sound files for the moment. :roll:
Added 3 missing sound toggle checks to prevent problems with the sound when the sound is toggled to "OFF". Thanx sdrubble for pointing out the problem. Now fixed! :D
If I got this right, regardless of the number of 'toggle checks', there's only one toggle flag - i.e., it's an all or nothing thing.

Fine with me. :mrgreen:

Next playing window will be in a couple hours... If I don't report anything back soon (meaning, NO SOUNDS anywhere or 'anywhen'...) you'll know it's working as intended now. :P

Thx a LOT, and Cheers 8)
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: (NEW RELEASE) Q-Chargerv1.2.oxp

Post by JazHaz »

Can NPC's be given this equipment too?

That might make Oolite like the Keystone Kops though! :lol: :lol:
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: (NEW RELEASE) Q-Chargerv1.2.oxp

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

JazHaz wrote:
Can NPC's be given this equipment too?

That might make Oolite like the Keystone Kops though! :lol: :lol:
I don't see why not. Would probably be best to simulate it with a higher top speed and a slightly modified AI. Could give one to the cops too, the last of the "Q-charger interceptors" a la "Mad Max". :lol:

WIKI+OXPs