Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Galactic Navy Reserve Missions

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Zenophilious
Average
Average

Galactic Navy Reserve Missions

Post by Zenophilious »

I'm confused about how to start a reserve mission. I've been to multiple SecCom stations, signed up for reserve duty after getting a total of 195 kills, and when I press enter on "Check Reserve Duty", it just shows me the F5 screen. Am I doing something wrong, or what?
Giles Williams, you kick ass. Major ass.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: Galactic Navy Reserve Missions

Post by Eric Walch »

Zenophilious wrote:
Am I doing something wrong, or what?
Look in your latest log. Maybe there is a clue. The last official version of this oxp does not work with Oolite 1.75 and will give errors in the log. On the wiki page of this oxp there is also a patch file with a 1.75 compatible script.
Zenophilious
Average
Average

Post by Zenophilious »

Yeah, I know that. I did what it said to do, putting the new scripts in and all that.
Giles Williams, you kick ass. Major ass.
jtarheel42
Average
Average

Post by jtarheel42 »

I had the same problem, but found out that reading the news each time allowed me to get to the missions.
Bogatyr
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Bogatyr »

Is the Galactic Navy OXP compatible with the latest release v1.82? I don't see it in the in-game expansion pack manager. Can it still be installed manually and work OK?
Bogatyr
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Bogatyr »

Bogatyr wrote:
Is the Galactic Navy OXP compatible with the latest release v1.82? I don't see it in the in-game expansion pack manager. Can it still be installed manually and work OK?
I went ahead and tried it. Seems to work! One small nit is that a Reserve Duty galactic map target is sticking around even after I died on the mission (Thargoid battle) and reverted to an earlier save point than when I received the mission.