Tionisla Reporter

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

kcallis
Dangerous
Dangerous

Re: Tionisla Reporter

Post by kcallis »

Is there a way to attach a file of the extensions or do I have to copy to the thread?
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

You can send me a PM with a link to a 3rd party hosting site like DropBox, Box.com, or even PasteBin. Whatever you're comfortable with and works for you.
kcallis
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by kcallis »

phkb

Post by phkb »

OK, I think I've found a conflict, although it doesn't happen every time. Most times I'll jump into interstellar space and everything's fine, but occasionally I'll arrive and see nothing. Once I've narrowed down the conflict source and how to resolve it I'll post again. In the meantime, if you land in interstellar space and don't see the planet straight ahead, reload and try again. Hopefully next time will work.
phkb

Post by phkb »

OK, I can confirm there was a conflict with Interstellar Tweaks, which I've resolved in version 1.3.9, which is now available via the download manager.
kcallis
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by kcallis »

Thanks for the update! Although I have since decided to go searching for Darkside Moonshine... So one of these days I will make is back to give it a shot again.

K
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Filling in the List of Planets used in OXPs: http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/List_o ... ed_in_OXPs

Does this OXP

1) change the planetinfo.plist?
2) "changed by javascript?" - whatever that means!
3) I understand that Tionisla is featured in the mission

Are any of these 3 true for any other planets in Galaxy 1?
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

I'll take a guess: this OXP doesn't change anything about Tionisla (it adds a planet in interstellar space, is all).

Disclaimer: it's been a long time since I worked on this OXP.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Wiggy
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Wiggy »

I tried this mission: found the planet successfully, but couldn't take a 'nice' photo. Well, not without blowing up the station. ;-)

Anyway, got back to Tionisla, and nothing happened.
You came in that? You're braver than I thought!
Alnivel
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Alnivel »

Wiggy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:28 pm
I tried this mission: found the planet successfully, but couldn't take a 'nice' photo. Well, not without blowing up the station. ;-)

Anyway, got back to Tionisla Journal, and nothing happened.
Did you photograph the planet itself or the station? A photo will be successful only if you aim at the station.
Also, do you still have a camera? If I remember correctly, it is removed when all available attempts are used up, so if it is still there, you can try again.

Edit:
I just looked at the mission code and if you blow up the station then it seems that there is no more point in flying there again.
Wiggy
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Wiggy »

I tried photos with the station and planet. Photos were either too far away or too close, or off-centre. Had to do it many times. I kind of worked out that the station distance was the threshold for too far and too close, so I blew it up. Then, I got "Nice shot" or something, when I took a photo.
You came in that? You're braver than I thought!
Alnivel
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Alnivel »

Wiggy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:32 pm
I tried photos with the station and planet. Photos were either too far away or too close, or off-centre. Had to do it many times. I kind of worked out that the station distance was the threshold for too far and too close, so I blew it up. Then, I got "Nice shot" or something, when I took a photo.
Without a doubt, the photo should have turned out just wonderful! But in order to get successful report you also had to visit the station, which is blown up and not very dockable now, so all that remains for you is to spend more attempts on the camera, return to Tionisla and refuse to continue the mission.
(What a pity that there is no special ending for this!)
Cody

Post by Cody »

The photos were a problem from day one, but it's a good little mission for a Jameson.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Wiggy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:32 pm
I got "Nice shot" or something
Welcome Back!
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
RockDoctor
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by RockDoctor »

Cody wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:30 pm
The photos were a problem from day one, but it's a good little mission for a Jameson.
As I recall from distant days when I was trying this mission, you had to take a photo from (close but not too close) of the station with the planet visible behind the station.

Dock before or after, I forget ; I think I did a save game after getting to the system and docking, then from that save-game did a number of missions to try to check the photo code, then dock again and save. But I wouldn't go to the gallows over that sequence.

I can't check my G1 save game easily, because the last thing I did there was check out the Tianve (G1, NE corner) pulsar after bumping into a Swahili-learning woman called Tianve in the pub. Long hike back to Tionisla.
--
Shooting aliens for fun and ... well, more fun.
"Speaking as an outsider, what do you think of the human race?" (John Cooper Clark - "I married a Space Alien")