Tionisla Reporter

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Re: Tionisla Reporter

Post by phkb »

And installed and in use, but a bug that has been present for some time has just killed me again.
Doing one of the "package for [Planet] Chronicle's next print run" missions, I've arrived at the planet in good time. Ooops, it's got a regular station and a SuperHub ; dock at the SuperHub and nothing happens (I don't know if this is relevant) ; shuffle over to the cuboctahedron (truncated cube ; Coriolis) station, dock there and I'm greeted by a happy editor and 3000€. Which is great, Press space bar to continue.
... and I'm greeted by a happy editor with a different name and 3000€. Which is great, Press space bar to continue.
... and I'm greeted by a happy editor with a different name and 3000€. Which is great, Press space bar to continue.

I've never found a way out of the loop, and it's happened a number of times now. It's happened when the package has arrived with minute to spare. It's happened when the package has arrived with a week in hand. I can't see a pattern to when it happens, and it doesn't happen all the time.

I've got a saved game now, which shows the bug. Now all I have to do is try to make a way around it.
That seems extremely odd! I'm looking into this now and hopefully will have a fix out by the end of the day.
RockDoctor
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by RockDoctor »

The bug disappears and reappears when UPS-Courier is removed / reinstalled. It is unaffected by the presence or not of TR.
--
Shooting aliens for fun and ... well, more fun.
"Speaking as an outsider, what do you think of the human race?" (John Cooper Clark - "I married a Space Alien")
phkb

Post by phkb »

RockDoctor wrote:
The bug disappears and reappears when UPS-Courier is removed / reinstalled.
:shock: Whoa. Now that's really weird! Would you be able to PM me a save game file I can look at? And your latest.log file as well, if possible.
phkb

Post by phkb »

I'm so sorry - it appears I don't know UPS Courier well enough. There is a mission there that relates to the Chronicle. Now I know where to look I think I'll be more successful in tracking down the issue. My apologies for causing any confusion.
RockDoctor
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by RockDoctor »

phkb wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:29 am
My apologies for causing any confusion.
A state of confusion is a state of normality.
--
Shooting aliens for fun and ... well, more fun.
"Speaking as an outsider, what do you think of the human race?" (John Cooper Clark - "I married a Space Alien")
phkb

Post by phkb »

RockDoctor wrote:
A state of confusion is a state of normality.
Well, that's a relief. I thought it was just me!
phkb

Post by phkb »

A new version is now in the download manager, fixing more bugs.
phkb

Post by phkb »

I've very embarrassed. :oops: At some point in my editing/bug fixing frenzy, I seem to have changed the original OXP identifier for this pack. What this means is that, if you had version 1.2 installed via the download manager, this version wouldn't have updated it, meaning you would end up with 2 versions of Tionisla Reporter installed. I'm even more embarrassed because the change I've introduced changed Eric's surname. So, my apologies to Eric for misspelling his surname in the pack identifier, and also to everyone who now has two versions of Tionisla Reporter installed in their Managed AddOns folder.

I've just uploaded a small update, to version 1.3.6, which corrects the identifier. This version should now successfully update the old version. Unfortunately, I can't magic away the other copy. You'll need to manually uninstall this one.

Hopefully everything will be obvious once you enter the download manager and find the entries for Tionisla Reporter. There should be a a v1.3.5 as a separate item, along with v1.2.0 (the old version) that should be indicating an update is available. Let me know if there are any issues and I'll do my best to help. And apologies once again for my carelessness.
BlackWolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by BlackWolf »

Chello. Working this mission now. I found the planet but burned up in atmo trying to get a pic. Keeps saying I'm to far away...
What am I doing wrong?
Creativity is a gift, use it well.
phkb

Post by phkb »

You shouldn't need to enter the atmosphere of the planet. If you're doing that, you've missed something. :wink:
Let me know if you need a stronger hint!
BlackWolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by BlackWolf »

Figured that. Took or tried to take photos from vairying distances and all said I was to far away.
phkb

Post by phkb »

Once you find the thing, it will be clear what you're supposed to be taking pictures of.
BlackWolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by BlackWolf »

Supposed to take pics of the planet and station.
BlackWolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by BlackWolf »

My bad, only needed pics of the station.
Just had to find the planet didn't need pics of it.
kcallis
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by kcallis »

I have been trying to work the TR extension, but so far no joy! I have been going back and forth from Biorle to Usle and have yet to ever end up with a misjump. So would someone explain to me how I am suppose to create a misjump? I know that one time I did end up with a misjump, fought off Thars and there were were system ship involved with the dogfight. Did I miss my opportunity at that point?