Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Tionisla Reporter

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Re: [WIP] Tionisla Reporter

Post by Capt. Murphy »

I just have to say the camera concept is an interesting one for other mission OXPs. Mystery ship out there in the ooniverse - first challenge is getting some decent photos of it so the powers that be can decide whether you need to go back and shoot it or whatever..... :roll:....and of course it's camera shy.

Maybe some one out there will pay for great photos of furballs, or an updated personalities.oxp could include a paparazzi element...
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

Eric Walch wrote:
I think that I intentionally set it to no-market because there can't be a market in interstellar space.
I vaguely recall docking with a Behemoth that had a non-zero commodities.plist market in interstellar space, though I may be mistaken...and it could've been a Behemoth in a regular system.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Eric Walch wrote:
So, I think the last glitches are removed and I make it a proper release next weekend.
Done.
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

Eric Walch wrote:
Capt. Murphy wrote:
....and finally does the station need a Commodities.plist to sell the enterprising reporter some cheap stuff?? :wink: There was no stock and zero prices when I visited.
I think that I intentionally set it to no-market because there can't be a market in interstellar space. I just noticed it again in trying to to add such a custom market. So, I think the last glitches are removed and I make it a proper release next weekend.
Bump! Version 1.0.1 still has zero prices and stock.
Commander McLane wrote:
the camera is defeating me. I always get "Useless photo, to far away!"
I know that feeling. After hours of playing time, I am returning to Tionisla with 10 useless photos to see what happens next. Right now I just find this OXP annoying and rather wish I hadn't bothered. :(

Also, "2.6 LY NW of Biorle" might have been a better clue. I ended up looking on here for the solution for finding it.

And I don't recall ever seeing a message "pull hard up on the stick" either.
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

SandJ wrote:
And I don't recall ever seeing a message "pull hard up on the stick" either.
Do you mean this message?
I pulled up hard on the 'stick to avoid the bastard... next thing I know, the bloody klaxon's wailing, and I'm in interstellar space surrounded by bug warships
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

El Viejo wrote:
Do you mean this message?
I pulled up hard on the 'stick to avoid the bastard... next thing I know, the bloody klaxon's wailing, and I'm in interstellar space surrounded by bug warships
That's the one. I have re-loaded a saved game from when I was docked at Biorle, launched from Biorle, gone to Usle and docked, then returned to Biorle and docked and then I did get the message. It seems odd I have no recollection of seeing it before - it is not easy to miss such a mission screen.
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
Cody

Post by Cody »

SandJ wrote:
it is not easy to miss such a mission screen.
Indeed... the camera thingy ain't so hard to master either.
Eric Walch

Re: Tionisla Reporter

Post by Eric Walch »

And even when you miss the clue about a forced msjump, after two jumps between the systems the oxp might start a missjump for you :mrgreen:

About the camara: too far away is not okay, too close is not okay, too far off centre is not accepted. In other words, it must be a nice picture of the planet. Or was it the station, I don't even remember that, find it out.
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

SandJ wrote:
Commander McLane wrote:
the camera is defeating me. I always get "Useless photo, to far away!"
I know that feeling. After hours of playing time, I am returning to Tionisla with 10 useless photos to see what happens next. Right now I just find this OXP annoying and rather wish I hadn't bothered. :(
I've finally completed this mission, at long last. I had to go back twice to get replacement film as the photos weren't good enough. :evil:

In RealTime, I started it on Saturday 28th April, it is now Thursday 17th May. I saved the game 83 times between starting and ending the mission.

In the Ooniverse, I started at 2084064:04:33:58 and ended it on 2084107:02:53:13, so nearly 43 days passed in the Ooniverse.

I started Above Average with 71 kills, and ended it Competent with 144 kills.

I started in a Cobra Mk I with 15,562 ₢; one jump before finally launching for Tionisla for the last time, I upgraded to a Cobra Mk III.

Explorer Club tells me I had visited 7 different systems when I took the mission; I have now visited 26.

In short, that was damn hard work and a long slog!
Cody

Post by Cody »

Nice to hear that you enjoyed the mission so much, S&J!
Colonel Wasabi
Competent
Competent

Post by Colonel Wasabi »

Hi Eric,

I installed the OXP and dropped in to Tionisla in the middle of a passenger run....and got the invite to the mission.

Call me daft - but I turned it down as I wanted to save it for a bit later after I'd delivered my passenger and bought a bit more equipment. However on returning to Tionisla to try to pick up the mission I don't get offered it on docking. Have tried jumping out of system and back on a couple of times but no joy.....

Do I have to wait a certain time before the mission might be re-offered - or did I 'blow my chance' by turning it down the first time ?

Should I delete from AddOns....restart...then reinstall the OXP and re-start the game again to be able to accept the mission on my next visit to Tionisla ?

Cheers, Colonel Wasabi
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Turning the offer down is permanent. Romoving and re-installing won't help. The only thing would be cheeting and edit the save-file :(
Colonel Wasabi
Competent
Competent

Post by Colonel Wasabi »

Oh silly me........

Editing the save file.....how would I go about doing that ? (Absolutely no interest in cheating my character - but wonder if I can reset a 'trigger' for the mission ?)

I was keen to try out my first mission - and unless I can get back into it - I'll have to start another commander to give it a go :-(
(or wait until I get a bit tougher and try out a bounty mission from 'random hits'....)

Col. M
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

There is a nice little mission set at Lerelace quite near to you in G1, for the Taranis Corporation.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Colonel Wasabi wrote:
Do I have to wait a certain time before the mission might be re-offered - or did I 'blow my chance' by turning it down the first time ?
I now rewrote that part slightly. After rejection, the mission not immediately stops, but after 30 days you will get a message that another pilot wrote that article for the Tionisla chronicle and you are out. Not a second chance, but at least you will know the mission has definitely ended.
(Will be in a next update)