[UPDATED RELEASE] - Breakable 'Standard' Equipment OXPs.

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [UPDATED RELEASE] - Breakable 'Standard' Equipment OXPs.

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Svengali wrote:
Capt. Murphy wrote:
(it's fun trying to line up to dock with BGS hyperspace effect on the go as-well :wink:)
Enjoy it as long as it's possible .-) The next version won't spawn the effect anymore before the jump as we have a new toy - VisualEffect! And as bonus it gets a new shader as well .-)
This sounds very cool. 8)
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

Now that I need to re-download all of my favorite OXPs, is there a chance of getting a all-in-one bundle of those?
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

I was playing the game flying a Mining Trasporter and noticed that there is a HyperDrive being offered at the store. It does not work of course as the ship is not capable of hyperspace jumps. That equipment originates from Breakable Witch Drive oxp and should not be offered at all, if I'm flying a Transporter or any other non-hyperspace capable ship.

I took a look inside the oxp and updated the equipment.plist to use a condition_script that prevents the equipment being offered when the player flies a ship not capable of hyperspace.

Cpt. Murphy has not been around for a while and the oxp is properly licenced so there should be no problem in releasing an updated version. However, I'll post the update here first, in case someone wants to comment it or has something against it.

Download 1.3.1 from the box.

Edit: wiki updated.
Lone_Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lone_Wolf »

A note for users of Breakable Shield Generators v 1.2 :

The start/stop functionality of shield cycler will change in shield cycler 1.10 (soon to be released as oxp ) .
SC 1.10 is unlikely to be released as oxz, but SC 1.11.x will be.

(posted now to prevent me from forgetting to do it)

OXPs : My user page

Retired, reachable at [email protected]
vsfc
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by vsfc »

Hi Everyone!

Good news! Breakable Energy Unit OXP is now evailable through OXP Manager.

Enjoy!

VSFC
vsfc
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by vsfc »

All Breakable 'Standard' Equipment OXPs are now available through OXP Manager.

Cheers! :D
vsfc
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by vsfc »

Hi All,
Breakable Witchdrive oxp is updated to 1.3.2 version with compatibility update for Single use Witchdrive.

Cheers,

VSFC
Fleurghber
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Fleurghber »

Question: Should Breakable HUD and IFF Scanner be incompatible with Ship Configuration, as are the others?
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

Fleurghber wrote:
Question: Should Breakable HUD and IFF Scanner be incompatible with Ship Configuration, as are the others?
No, they're quite compatible. It's just that I borrowed a lot of functionality from the other breakable equipment OXP's when making Ship Config, so those ones are inherently incompatible (and have been flagged as such).
Fleurghber
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Fleurghber »

Something's not right here:

"Opening log for Oolite version 1.86 (x86-64) under Mac OS X Version 10.9.5 (Build 13F1911) at 2018-03-17 01:31:13 pm +0000.
Machine type: iMac14,1, 8192 MiB memory, 4 x x86 (Haswell) @ 2700 MHz.
Build options: OpenAL, new planets.

Note that the contents of the log file can be adjusted by editing logcontrol.plist.

13:31:13.663 [dataCache.rebuild.pathsChanged]: Cache is stale (search paths have changed). Rebuilding from scratch.
13:31:13.687 [system]: Invalid color System, labelColor (warning given only once)
13:31:13.764 [rendering.opengl.version]: OpenGL renderer version: 2.1.0 ("2.1 INTEL-8.28.37"). Vendor: "Intel Inc.". Renderer: "Intel Iris Pro OpenGL Engine".
13:31:13.764 [rendering.opengl.extensions]: OpenGL extensions (128):
GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_EXT_transform_feedback, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3, GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex, GL_EXT_debug_label, GL_EXT_geometry_shader4, GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit, GL_ATI_separate_stencil, GL_APPLE_vertex_point_size, GL_EXT_texture_rectangle, GL_APPLE_specular_vector, GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_EXT_blend_color, GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_EXT_provoking_vertex, GL_EXT_texture_array, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_APPLE_pixel_buffer, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_APPLE_fence, GL_APPLE_ycbcr_422, GL_EXT_timer_query, GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra, GL_ARB_depth_clamp, GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled, GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod, GL_ARB_texture_float, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_NV_texture_barrier, GL_ARB_provoking_vertex, GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_APPLE_object_purgeable, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_APPLE_rgb_422, GL_NV_depth_clamp, GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_APPLE_element_array, GL_ATI_texture_float, GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_ARB_sync, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_APPLE_texture_range, GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_ARB_instanced_arrays, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_EXT_draw_buffers2, GL_ARB_shading_language_100, GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_ARB_vertex_blend, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_EXT_packed_float, GL_APPLE_aux_depth_stencil, GL_APPLE_row_bytes, GL_NV_light_max_exponent, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_ARB_color_buffer_float, GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_APPLE_client_storage, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_EXT_gpu_shader4, GL_APPLE_flush_render, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object, GL_APPLE_vertex_program_evaluators, GL_APPLE_transform_hint, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_APPLE_flush_buffer_range, GL_EXT_texture_integer, GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp, GL_NV_fog_distance, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_ARB_texture_rg, GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map, GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object, GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_ARB_half_float_vertex, GL_APPLE_vertex_array_range, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_ARB_half_float_pixel, GL_APPLE_packed_pixels, GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_EXT_debug_marker, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode, GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint, GL_SGIS_texture_lod, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent, GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once, GL_APPLE_float_pixels, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample, GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float, GL_ARB_draw_instanced
13:31:13.768 [rendering.opengl.shader.support]: Shaders are supported.
13:31:13.778 [dataCache.rebuild.pathsChanged]: Cache is stale (search paths have changed). Rebuilding from scratch.
13:31:13.779 [searchPaths.dumpAll]: Resource paths:
~/Desktop/Games and things/Elite family/Oolite-1.86/Oolite.app/Contents/Resources
~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns
~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns
~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.CaptMurphy.BreakableTorusDrive.oxz
13:31:13.786 [shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data.
13:31:13.791 [plist.parse.failed]: Failed to parse ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.CaptMurphy.BreakableTorusDrive.oxz/Config/shipdata.plist as a property list.
Unexpected character { at line 1
13:31:14.282 [startup.complete]: ========== Loading complete in 0.57 seconds. ==========
13:31:15.778 [exit.context]: Exiting: Exit Game selected on start screen.

Closing log at 2018-03-17 01:31:15 pm +0000."
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Issues with Breakable Torus Drive:

[plist.parse.failed]: Failed to parse /Users/accountname/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.CaptMurphy.BreakableTorusDrive.oxz/Config/shipdata.plist as a property list.
Unexpected character { at line 1

This is on the all-singing all-dancing Jobsian AppleMac!
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
phkb

Post by phkb »

New version uploaded with fix.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

phkb wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:57 am
New version uploaded with fix.
Well DONE sir... it works fine!

Thank you!

...what was the problem?
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
phkb

Post by phkb »

Cholmondely wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:30 am
what was the problem?
A missing semi-colon.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Here's an interesting one.

I got utterly scragged by pirates in feudal Inzaquma (G2). 16 systems damaged including my Core Energy Unit and my Primary Shield Generator - Aft. The others included the EEU, the Shield Boosters and the Military Shield Enhancement.

My Repair bots, slowly, bit-by-bit, repaired everything except the Core Energy Unit and the Primary Shield Generator - Aft. (The Military Shield Enhancement took four goes!) According to my Vimana HUD they are still broken, but they are listed as working on the F5 Manifest screen and do not show up in any of the three Onatbezan shipyards as broken (TL14).
The wiki blurb says:

Breakable Shield Generators v1.2

Introduces two equipment items Primary Shield Generator - Fore and Primary Shield Generator - Aft.

If you have a working Military Shield Enhancement or Shield Boosters fitted then the Primary Shield Generators cannot be damaged. If either of the Primary Shield Generators are damaged the respective shield will remain at zero strength until the appropriate Primary Shield Generator is repaired. If you have CommonSenseOTB's Shield Equalizer & Capacitors OXP (version 1.3+ only) and Shield Equalizer installed or Lone_Wolf's Shield Cycler (version 0.30.1+ only) installed then this OXP will temporarily disable these equipment items if a Primary Shield Generator is damaged to avoid catastrophic shield/energy loss. Repair cost varies between 250 and 1000 Credits depending on the size of your ship (cargo capacity and max energy are used as a proxy for size).

Breakable Energy Unit v1.1

Introduces Equipment Item Core Energy Unit.

The ship's energy banks are powered by a Core Energy Unit. This is well-cushioned in the bowels of the ship and has a much lower chance of damage than other equipment items. It cannot be damaged whilst there is a working Naval Energy Unit or Extra Energy Unit installed. However, if damaged the player's energy banks will be stuck at the minimal level pending repair. Lasers are inoperable, and shields will not recharge. Emergency auxiliary systems retain power to the controls, ship's computer and drives (if working).

Repair cost varies between 375 Credits and 1500 Credits depending on the size of the ship's energy banks.

I presume that the reason is a combination of

1) the autobots randomly fixing the EEU & Shield Boosters first.

2) the oxps then deciding that the Core Energy Unit and the Primary Shield Generator - Aft must be fixed if the EEU/Shield Boosters are up and running. With resultant changes to the shipyard repair list and the F5 manifest screen. And when just these two were left, the repair bots turned themselves off.

3) the Vimana HUD's "ship module" having a different memory of what was broken and has yet to be fixed.

On saving and restarting, even the Vimana HUD showed nothing as broken.
Comments wanted: