[UPDATED RELEASE] - Breakable 'Standard' Equipment OXPs.

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Re: [UPDATED RELEASE] - Breakable 'Standard' Equipment OXPs.

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Thanks Oathbreaker - they have been released as individual OXP's so Commanders can pick and choose which ones they want, should they not want them all. Having said that I may get round to bundling them.
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Very minor update to the breakable witch-drive to prevent it being installed on non-hyperspace capable player ships.
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Hi, I've added two more Breakables to the list and updated one more.

New.
Breakable Engines v 1.0

Version 1 released 22/4/12.

Introduces equipment item "System Drive".

Cannot be damaged if there are working Fuel Injectors installed, and has a lower chance of damage that other Equipment Items in general. When damaged the engines are still usable, but further equipment damage and energy loss may be incurred if the player exceeds certain speeds. The threshold varies and the player is warned via a console message if they need to slow down. The Torus Drive (if working) can still be used normally.

Repair costs vary between 500 and 4000 credits depending on the maximum speed, cargo capacity and energy of your ship all of which relate to the size of the engine.

Download Breakable Engines from https://www.box.com/s/b5f2c146b30702f93480
Breakable Energy Unit v 1.0

Version 1 released 22/4/12

Introduces Equipment Item "Core Energy Unit".

The ships energy banks are powered by a Core Energy Unit. This is well cushioned in the bowels of the ship and has a much lower chance of damage than other equipment items. It cannot be damaged whilst there is a working Naval Energy Unit or Extra Energy Unit installed. However if damaged the players energy banks will be stuck at the minimal level pending repairs. Lasers are inoperable, and shields will not recharge. Emergency auxiliary systems retain power to the controls, ships computer and drives (if working).

Repair costs vary between 375 credits and 1500 credits depending on the size of the ship's energy banks.

Download Breakable Energy Unit from https://www.box.com/s/11cacd898f0ee1ccc1a4
Updated.
Breakable Shield Generators v 1.1

Version 1 released 10/7/11.
Version 1.1 released 22/4/12 - adds variable repair costs depending on ship size

Introduces two equipment items "Primary Shield Generator - Fore" and ""Primary Shield Generator - Aft".

If you have a working Military Shield Enhancement or Shield Booster fitted the Primary Generators cannot be damaged. If either of the Primary Generators are damaged the respective shield will remain at zero strength until the Primary generator is repaired. If you have CommonsenseOTB's Shield_Equalizer_&_Capacitors_OXP (version 1.3+ only) and Shield Equalizer installed or Lone_Wolf's Shield Cycler (version 0.30.1+ only) installed this OXP will temporarily disable these equipment items if a Primary generator is damaged to avoid catastrophic shield/energy loss. Repair costs vary between 250 and 1000 credits depending on the size of your ship (cargo capacity and max energy are used as a proxy for size)

Download the Breakable Shield Generators from https://www.box.com/s/e9dliq1rs31ki1fygbrm
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

What about a Breakables Pack? I think there's 7 or so Breakable Eqs on the list now...
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

It's on my (lengthy) to do list but not a priority to make a combined version.

The easy way would be just to amalgamate the plists and shove the existing scripts into one OXP, but that doesn't really have any significant advantage over having them as separate downloads.

What I will get round to some time is amalgamating the plists and the scripts into one plist and one script, which may possibily have a slight performance advantage over the separate OXPs.
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

All of the Breakables OXPs have had a minor update to improve compatibility with Ship_Storage_Helper.oxp. Download links are in the first post.
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

Seems to be an error in the link to Breakable HUD/IFF Scanner v 1.2. It goes to the Breakable Shield Generators v 1.2 file.
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Thanks Gimi,

Wrong link in the first post; should be correct now.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Post by UK_Eliter »

Murphy

I've found a problem with Breakable_WitchDrive_1.2_2012.05.05 - or with some other OXP(s), or with Oolite itself.

I was in interstellar space, fighting thargoids. I ejected, and was picked up (courtesy of my Interstellar Tweaks OXP) by a behemoth, where I did many repairs. Then I launched (and was back in normal space). And I kept getting 'Warning - Thruspace HyperDrive is Damaged. Jump Outcome Unpredictable!' messages - even though (1) the drive wasn't damaged and (2) I hadn't witchspaced (except insofar as the carrier I was in had). I don't know whether I had the jump countdown running when my escape pod launched). Ideas?
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

UK_Eliter wrote:
I don't know whether I had the jump countdown running when my escape pod launched). Ideas?
Thanks UK_E, that looks like a plausible cause. The timer for that message is cancelled by the player cancelling the jump countdown, the jump failing or the player entering Witchspace, and I guess none of these would have fired after an escape capsule launch part way through a jump countdown.

Where you getting the warning message whilst docked with the Behemoth as-well?
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

Yes, I think I was.

How about adding, to the this.escapePodSequenceOver handler (or a pod launched handler, if there is one) code to cancel your timed reminder? But you'd need to restart/recreated the timer if and when the ship both launched and hadn't had the drive repaired.
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

UK_Eliter wrote:
Yes, I think I was.

How about adding, to the this.escapePodSequenceOver handler (or a pod launched handler, if there is one) code to cancel your timed reminder? But you'd need to restart/recreated the timer if and when the ship both launched and hadn't had the drive repaired.
Version 1.3 of Breakable WitchDrive is out with UK_Eliter's suggested fix (used this.shipLaunchedEscapePod) and a additional check to stop the timer if the player docks normally whilst part way through a jump countdown (it's fun trying to line up to dock with BGS hyperspace effect on the go as-well :wink:)
DeathKnyte
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by DeathKnyte »

This is wonderful stuff!

I tell you, when you have a broken; HUD/IFF scanner, Front Shield, and Torus Drive - coupled with the cost of either fixing them or buying something like Witch Injectors for a starting position.... It adds immensely to the strategy of playing the game.
:)

What I do find annoying though, is the constant verbal warning that my equipment is malfunctioning or destroyed. I have been forced to turn the sound off because of this. Would be nice if there were a switch to stop that, like when Captain Kirk would tell Uhura to kill the Red Alert blaring.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

I don't know about the 'constant verbal warning' (I think I've got speech turned off) but I would like it ( :) ) if the scanner could be repaired - by the auto-repair equipment (which I think is what does it) - a little bit faster/easier than at present.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Capt. Murphy wrote:
(it's fun trying to line up to dock with BGS hyperspace effect on the go as-well :wink:)
Enjoy it as long as it's possible .-) The next version won't spawn the effect anymore before the jump as we have a new toy - VisualEffect! And as bonus it gets a new shader as well .-)