[Release (sort of)] Extra Thargoids OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

[Release (sort of)] Extra Thargoids OXP

Post by UK_Eliter »

[EDIT: Now (24th June) with a few, somewhat hidden, extra surprises!]

I am releasing an OXP containing

(1) The Thargoid Dreadnought (which is tough-ish, large, fairly sluggish, and has a trick [EDIT: or two!] up its insecty sleave)

(2) The Thargoid Terroriser Frigage, Poet variant. (Sorry about the crude laster blast bit. It's hard to take photos of these guys.)

I've released 2, as a seperate OXP, before. And, at this stage, I'm releasing this current OXP (which supercedes the previous 'poet' one) for testing.

The OXP can be found in the 'work in progress' part of the OXP wiki. If you rename the '~script' file (within the config folder) to 'script', then you'll get the beasties in action when you launch. (Or rather you will if you've remembered to hold down the shift key when - after putting the OXP, unzipped, into your OXP folder - you run Oolite.) Also: if you install this OXP, please delete the Poet oxp first.

Thanks to all - you know who you are - who have helped with the Poet predecessor, and with my OXP-ing generally.

Cheers.
PS: There may be some infelicities with the case of letters, meaning that this OXP might have problems on macs (and Linux?). I'll check this when I get around to it.
PPS: I think that perhaps the 'poet' needs a bit of graphical tweaking.
Last edited by UK_Eliter on Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release (sort of)] Extra Thargoids OXP

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

UK_Eliter! COOL! 8)

More thargoids, more thargoids, give me more and more. :D

The more types of thargoids in the ooniverse, the more fun to kill them! :evil:
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs
Staer9
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Staer9 »

Sorry to be all negative...

But in the Assassins.oxp there are thargoids called "thargoid dreadnoughts", so you may want to investigate a little further to see if they clash.

Other than that they look great! I love the glows on the Dreadnought, well done.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

Staer9 wrote:
Sorry to be all negative...

But in the Assassins.oxp there are thargoids called "thargoid dreadnoughts", so you may want to investigate a little further to see if they clash.

Other than that they look great! I love the glows on the Dreadnought, well done.
Thanks for the praise! But pre-existing Dreadnoughts? Argh! I must investigate!

Right, I've investigated. That's a monster! I've renamed my Dreadnought to . . 'Thargoid Gruntbuggly'. (In honour of D. Adams. But the name seems apt, too.) I considered 'Thargoid slayer', but that just seems dull in comparison.
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Gruntbuggly? Why not call it a Thargoid Special? Looks special to me. :)
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

CommonSenseOTB wrote:
Gruntbuggly? Why not call it a Thargoid Special? Looks special to me. :)
I quite like 'special', despite or even because of its derogatory connotation. But I like 'Gruntbuggly' better. After all: it is a bit of a grunt of a ship; it's a bug ship; its 'sister' ship has 'poet' in its name (and 'gruntbuggly' comes from a poem. .).
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

Versions 3 of my Extra Thargoids OXP is now out. It contains bugfixes, optimisations, and some changes. Some of the changes make the rare 'uberbuggly' more formidable . . Please report any problems here.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Extra Thargoids OXP [updated for 1.8]

Post by UK_Eliter »

Dear all

A new version of my Extra Thargoids OXP is available for download: This version is compatible with Oolite 1.8 and not compatible with earlier versions of Oolite. Bugs have been fixed and code optimised but there are not really any substantial changes.

The previous version of the expansion pack - a version that is compatible with Oolite <1.8 - is available via the old OXP list and my usual box.net address.
Fleurghber
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Fleurghber »

Latest startup log, testing the new version:

"Opening log for Oolite version 1.86 (x86-64) under Mac OS X Version 10.9.5 (Build 13F1911) at 2017-12-10 02:39:37 pm +0000.
Machine type: iMac14,1, 8192 MiB memory, 4 x x86 (Haswell) @ 2700 MHz.
Build options: OpenAL, new planets.

Note that the contents of the log file can be adjusted by editing logcontrol.plist.

14:39:37.966 [dataCache.rebuild.pathsChanged]: Cache is stale (search paths have changed). Rebuilding from scratch.
14:39:38.023 [system]: Invalid color System, labelColor (warning given only once)
14:39:38.157 [rendering.opengl.version]: OpenGL renderer version: 2.1.0 ("2.1 INTEL-8.28.37"). Vendor: "Intel Inc.". Renderer: "Intel Iris Pro OpenGL Engine".
14:39:38.157 [rendering.opengl.extensions]: OpenGL extensions (128):
GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_EXT_transform_feedback, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3, GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex, GL_EXT_debug_label, GL_EXT_geometry_shader4, GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit, GL_ATI_separate_stencil, GL_APPLE_vertex_point_size, GL_EXT_texture_rectangle, GL_APPLE_specular_vector, GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_EXT_blend_color, GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_EXT_provoking_vertex, GL_EXT_texture_array, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_APPLE_pixel_buffer, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_APPLE_fence, GL_APPLE_ycbcr_422, GL_EXT_timer_query, GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra, GL_ARB_depth_clamp, GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled, GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod, GL_ARB_texture_float, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_NV_texture_barrier, GL_ARB_provoking_vertex, GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_APPLE_object_purgeable, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_APPLE_rgb_422, GL_NV_depth_clamp, GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_APPLE_element_array, GL_ATI_texture_float, GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_ARB_sync, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_APPLE_texture_range, GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_ARB_instanced_arrays, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_EXT_draw_buffers2, GL_ARB_shading_language_100, GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_ARB_vertex_blend, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_EXT_packed_float, GL_APPLE_aux_depth_stencil, GL_APPLE_row_bytes, GL_NV_light_max_exponent, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_ARB_color_buffer_float, GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_APPLE_client_storage, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_EXT_gpu_shader4, GL_APPLE_flush_render, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object, GL_APPLE_vertex_program_evaluators, GL_APPLE_transform_hint, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_APPLE_flush_buffer_range, GL_EXT_texture_integer, GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp, GL_NV_fog_distance, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_ARB_texture_rg, GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map, GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object, GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_ARB_half_float_vertex, GL_APPLE_vertex_array_range, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_ARB_half_float_pixel, GL_APPLE_packed_pixels, GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_EXT_debug_marker, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode, GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint, GL_SGIS_texture_lod, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent, GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once, GL_APPLE_float_pixels, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample, GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float, GL_ARB_draw_instanced
14:39:38.163 [rendering.opengl.shader.support]: Shaders are supported.
14:39:38.295 [dataCache.rebuild.pathsChanged]: Cache is stale (search paths have changed). Rebuilding from scratch.
14:39:38.296 [searchPaths.dumpAll]: Resource paths:
~/Desktop/Games and things/Elite family/Oolite-1.86/Oolite.app/Contents/Resources
~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns
~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns
~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.UK_Eliter.ExtraThargoids.oxz
14:39:38.305 [shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data.
14:39:38.311 [plist.parse.failed]: Failed to parse ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.UK_Eliter.ExtraThargoids.oxz/Config/shipdata.plist as a property list.
Unexpected character { at line 1
14:39:38.845 [startup.complete]: ========== Loading complete in 0.76 seconds. ==========
14:39:44.367 [exit.context]: Exiting: Exit Game selected on start screen.

Closing log at 2017-12-10 02:39:44 pm +0000."
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

Fleurghber,

I'm not getting that error here, though I did need upload two versions in quick succession. Do you have version 6.59 of the OXP? If you do, you could try removing it and then reinstalling it.
Fleurghber
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Fleurghber »

I've just tried that, but I'm still getting the same error message.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

Sorry about that. The indefatigable Rustem has identified the problem (although the root problem may be me trying to do things too quickly). Give me a little while and I'll upload a fixed version (as soon as my main PC has finished restoring from backup - bloomin' Windows - though the problem with the OXP, according to Rustem, is MacOS specific).
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

Version 6.6 is online. Please try that one!
Fleurghber
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Fleurghber »

Working now, thanks.
Milo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Milo »

Line 395 of shipdata.plist contains an error:

{
"subentity_key" = "extraThargoids_bugglyTurret";
type = "ball_turret";
position = (680.4,-216,-680.4.1); // <<< here
orientation = (0,0,1,0);
weapon_energy = 19;
weapon_range = 7200;
fire_rate = 0.3;
thrust = 2;
},

This was pointed out to me by cag's collect_shipdata tool, so all credit should go to him.