Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Screenshots

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

nijineko
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by nijineko »

i would suggest that the existence of the shader-using oxp be heavily documented, and available as part of the downloads alongside of oolite iteself. call it oolite high-res expansion oxp or something. and make sure that screenshots are included advertising the high-res oxp in the basic oolite download, complete with url links, or something similar.
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?

Play games. Win Amazon gift cards! Brag. Repeat.
DeepSpace
Deadly
Deadly

Post by DeepSpace »

@Dgill hey where did you get that hud? :D Nice reworking of my original, I like it. I want your version now! 8)
http://www.jblythe.f9.co.uk/oolite

"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back it time of Breakfast!"
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

Fiddeling with the code, getting to know it created a little screenshot to put in my .....

I think I'll name it

Thargoid View

I case you are wondering.. look at the range and the scanner... ;-)
Bounty Scanner
Number 935
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Frame wrote:
I think I'll name it
Thargoid View
That's pretty close! I'm not sure wether it's from Thargoids target auto lock or from the trunk, but sometimes I get locks on to ships or asteroids which are several hundred km away ;)

Screet
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Nothing to do with my autolock, unless that target is somehow managing to attack you from that range...
DGill
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by DGill »

DeepSpace wrote:
@Dgill hey where did you get that hud? :D Nice reworking of my original, I like it. I want your version now! 8)
Fantastic art work DeepSpace, wish I had talent to create my own work, but Adobe Photoshop is ace for mods :D
goran
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by goran »

Screet wrote:
Frame wrote:
I think I'll name it
Thargoid View
That's pretty close! I'm not sure wether it's from Thargoids target auto lock or from the trunk, but sometimes I get locks on to ships or asteroids which are several hundred km away ;)

Screet
Happened to me too. But look closer, that Python is 41k km away and showing on a scanner. ;)
Nemoricus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nemoricus »

I noticed that, too.

How's it done?
Dream as if you'll live forever
Live as if you'll die tomorrow
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

I saw it too... had me wondering, but I thought of another possibility.. it may be that there are some ships out there at 24+ Km or so, and showing on the scanner, but that the targeting system is locked onto a ship well beyond them, and thus not on the scanner...
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

DeepSpace wrote:
Hmm I had this idea. overlaying the space compass over the radar map. Thus having all your objects in space shown on one display. Would this be viable? Or am I missing a fundimental flaw here somewhere?
DGill
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by DGill »

ClymAngus wrote:

Hmm I had this idea. overlaying the space compass over the radar map. Thus having all your objects in space shown on one display. Would this be viable? Or am I missing a fundimental flaw here somewhere?
If you mean putting the compass over the central scanner display - no problem just alter the x & y values of the compass in the hud.plist - but it will be a bit congested. :o
Deadly
Deadly

Post by 0235 »

ok, im starting to get jelous. oolite hardly runs on my PC with no oxp's let alone like this, i cant even run past 1.65! so i almost cry when i see these
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

0235 wrote:
ok, im starting to get jelous. oolite hardly runs on my PC with no oxp's let alone like this, i cant even run past 1.65! so i almost cry when i see these
Really? Hope you can solve that soon...oolite did run on my old Athlon (2200 MHz) noticeably faster than on my newer QuadCore Phenom (2200 MHz) when the old machine was using an old ATI card and the new machine a 4870x2...it became better when I switched to nVidia, however oolite seems to run fine on old single core machines. Those should be pretty cheap to get anywhere...and the same accounts for an old nVidia card (which I recommend if you use Windows).

Screet
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Screet wrote:
0235 wrote:
Really? Hope you can solve that soon...oolite did run on my old Athlon (2200 MHz) noticeably faster than on my newer QuadCore Phenom (2200 MHz) when the old machine was using an old ATI card and the new machine a 4870x2...it became better when I switched to nVidia, however oolite seems to run fine on old single core machines. Those should be pretty cheap to get anywhere...and the same accounts for an old nVidia card (which I recommend if you use Windows).

Screet
I can confirm that 1.72.2 with full shaders runs at 20-60fps (depending what's on the screen) on an old Athlon XP2800+ and a 128MB FX5900XT (2GB RAM) under both Ubuntu (7.10) and XP (SP3)
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Griff's new Thargoid Invasion Ship. No comments. Just images.

To really appreciate what this is about, I have prepared a video showing the fx in full glory. But I have some problems uploading to both box and terrastorage right now. If someone could provide me with temporary webspace to upload it, it would be great.