[RELEASE] Resistance Commander

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Dragonfire
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Squadron Leader

Post by Dragonfire »

I'll be creating a new save file and going for this mission! I can't wait to try it. :)
Ramirez
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Resistance Commander

Post by Ramirez »

That was quick, Dragonfire! I'll be interested to know what you think of it.

Message for the mods - please can you move this thread into Expansion Packs?
Download Resistance Commander plus many other exciting OXPs HERE
Dragonfire
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Resistance Commander

Post by Dragonfire »

I poke around the forums 14 hours a day, so I catch stuff quick. :P
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: [RELEASE] Resistance Commander

Post by another_commander »

Moved to Expansion Pack.
commanderxairon
Deadly
Deadly

Post by commanderxairon »

thatis men of taste insignia?? and i cannot get to access any command station im on one of the planets (esbeena) buut there isnt any resistance facility would you help me?
Pirate Commander: I would taken over Anleis and maked the first pirate system on this Ooniverse and become the monarch of all that empire if This stupid boy and his ship would'nt interfeer

Kuroshido(RXS-mariana) : scooby doobi doo?....

MY CREW
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

commanderxairon wrote:
thatis men of taste insignia?? and i cannot get to access any command station im on one of the planets (esbeena) buut there isnt any resistance facility would you help me?
Hello commanderxairon. From the pdf I believe this oxp requires:

1000 kills.
Galaxy 5.
6 missile pylons.
Dictators oxp.

press f7 at esbeena should work if the above are true.

If you still can't get it working I'm sure Ramirez will be around in a bit to help you. Cheers. :)
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

6 missile pylons?
That rules out all the plain Oolite player ships...other than the Anaconda! :cry:
commanderxairon
Deadly
Deadly

but i have all that and DONT WAEERKKK T-T
Pirate Commander: I would taken over Anleis and maked the first pirate system on this Ooniverse and become the monarch of all that empire if This stupid boy and his ship would'nt interfeer

MY CREW
Ramirez
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ramirez »

Even without 1000 kills, if you dock at one of the main stations in the listed systems and press 7 or F7 you should see a mission screen asking if you want to join the resistance. I did check on my setup with a clean savegame and things seem to work as expected. Is anyone else having any problems (especially on PC)?

I assume you've installed other OXPs successfully before. Has the OXP unzipped from the download file properly? I did have an issue a while ago about files not working properly when opened up on a PC but I thought this went away.
commanderxairon
Deadly
Deadly

Ramirez wrote:
Even without 1000 kills, if you dock at one of the main stations in the listed systems and press 7 or F7 you should see a mission screen asking if you want to join the resistance. I did check on my setup with a clean savegame and things seem to work as expected. Is anyone else having any problems (especially on PC)?

I assume you've installed other OXPs successfully before. Has the OXP unzipped from the download file properly? I did have an issue a while ago about files not working properly when opened up on a PC but I thought this went away.
i am running ubuntu 11.04 and im already making my own oxp so it is unzipped and put correctly in the system i went first to esbeena and then to biarra none of the system's stations (only the normal ones where there) showed anything when i press F7 the dictators oxp runs perfectly i can see the imperial astrofactories and all that but i cant see the resistance commander's slapus and all the other things may be if you change the button that triggers the thing?? to F9 may be?

MY CREW
Ramirez
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ramirez »

Try downloading this savegame. Press 7 to go to the System Info screen; you should see a message appear.
Yodeebe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Yodeebe »

Hiya.
Summers nearly finished, and it's nearly flying season, so I've dusted off the old ship, for a little pre-season test flight!
This looks really cool, Resistance Commander, but unfortunately i'm getting the same thing as above. No F7 screen, at Solaerin, G-5.
your save game works fine, but it's with a python ship, 2 missile pylons, so doesn't work for the comms system.

OSX 10.6.8

I look forward to training up me new recruits! :D
Ramirez
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ramirez »

Ah, I found the problem. My galaxy-hopping during testing had left an incorrect galaxy number my main savegame, and this was being used in the script. I've made a small correction and have re-uploaded the OXP.
Yodeebe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Yodeebe »

yup, that works fine.
many thanks.
Yodeebe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Yodeebe »

Awesome!!
a bit clunky trying to flip through the commands in the heat of the moment. maybe consider moving the 'attack' command onto the 1st missile pylon, for speeds sake, and re-group onto the 2nd?
good for piracy! :oops: send in the boyz & pick up the pieces! (I was training them, honest!)
what's the score with criminal ratings? if they shoot some poor inocent up, or the police, does it go onto your (my) criminal rating?