Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Fuel Station OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

ClymAngus wrote:
Smaller, sleeker better gun accuracy. You know all the things that titted people off with the original.
Not quite all, as it still sounds too uber for my tastes (flying the original takes a lot of the fun out of the game, it's too powerful) and the pitch/roll on the original is unrealistically fast and doesn't sound to have been amended.

Also I'd doubt changing the model size will make any difference, as it's the turrets that caused the problem (a de-turreted Caddy has no problem with the fuel station at all). Also given the reports of a turret added to other ship models causing the same problem, and the fact that the fuel station is significantly larger internally than the original Caduceus model size anyway would support that...
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

cyborg Bio-ships they're a little bit "Fleshy" for some peoples tastes. Uber? Well possibly; but when compared to cold metal ships, semi-sentient bio-ships often are I'm afraid.

I'll have to pop the turrets and give one a go.
Nemoricus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nemoricus »

I've been playing with Fuel Stations on for some time now and it seems that it's causing other station types to not show up.

Specifically, I haven't seen either variety of Commie factory station, the Dictator Factory station or any Con Store station in some time.

Is there a problem with the OXPs, or am I either not visiting the right places or just have a horrible case of bad luck right now?
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Just bad luck and visiting the wrong places, I think.. they're all showing up for me..
Nemoricus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nemoricus »

Diagnosis: One horrible case of bad luck. It would seem that I kept visiting low population worlds. Visiting a system with adequate population, and there they are.

So, no problem exists. Thank you.
Nemoricus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nemoricus »

Even though the images can't be uploaded to the wiki, I have taken a few screenshots that you might be able to use.

Approaching a Fuel Satellite

Refueling at a Fuel Station

Departing a Fuel Station
Dream as if you'll live forever
Live as if you'll die tomorrow
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

8) Pretty pictures...
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

With grateful thanks for his work on this, allow me to introduce the update v1.12 of Fuel Station by me and Eric Walch.

New additions are NPC traders now use the station too (Eric's cool addition), plus it should now also be compatable with 1.73 trunk.

Download from the same URL as normal (here).

Editted to add - also on v1.73 the stations now use a new fuel pump icon on the advanced space compass. Although I must admit I forget who added that to trunk and made the icon :oops: If anyone can remind me I'll add a proper credit here and to the readme.
Last edited by Thargoid on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rustybolts
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rustybolts »

Nice one!
STE.+ Firefly/Dragonfly + BlackJacksbullion v.1.23 link below.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ca16 ... f6e8ebb871
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Thargoid wrote:
New additions are NPC traders now use the station too (Eric's cool addition),
The most important part of this was already written by Aegidian and in Oolite since 1.65. Special AI commands for flying through rings. He even put a working AI for this goal inside Oolite. But for unknown reason nobody used that code until recently.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

OK, I've now updated the OXP to V1.2, with the following changes:

* Compatibility with V1.73 for both fuel stations and satellites.
* Updated the NPC AI to check the player is not near the station before attempting to use it.

Download from the URL in the first post of this thread, or from the links below.
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

I regret to report that fuel stations went back to being useless to turreted ships.
At dead slow speeds, the ship bounces backwards as soon as the nose of the ship reaches the center of the station, and there's an unhealthy drop in front shields, almost like the ship collided with a solid object. Does the station have an invisible wall in the middle? :shock:

Fuel satellites work as advertised on the tin, no problem.

Tested on 1.73-rev.2319 and latest version of fuel stations with a Kirin, Xarik, Dragon M, and Neocaduceus Omega.
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Funny, because no code related to collision detection has been touched since the fix to octree code was applied.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

The only compatibility change for 1.73 on the OXP side was for setOrientation/orientation and setPosition/position (the only other tweak being the NPC AI change mentioned).

Editted to add - on my rev 2312 install and an original Caddy I seem to be having crashes again. I think I've still got a 1.12 version of fuel station around, so let me revert to that tomorrow and see if it's an OXP problem. But equally I didn't change anything in that which would be relevant I don't think.
Last edited by Thargoid on Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Thargoid wrote:
Editted to add - also on v1.73 the stations now use a new fuel pump icon on the advanced space compass. Although I must admit I forget who added that to trunk and made the icon :oops: If anyone can remind me I'll add a proper credit here and to the readme.
_ds_, aka Darren Salt! :)
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)