Couple of questions...

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Arexack_Heretic
Dangerous Subversive Element
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Post by Arexack_Heretic »

I agree. It just doeant work like that just now. :cry:
Riding the Rocket!
Roberto
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Roberto »

Any idea on the legal-status thing?

*EDIT* Would setting a bounty on all of them do the trick? One thing I absolutely don't want is for them to start attacking each other.
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

In shipdata give it a bounty. A bounty of 10 will make it an offender when spawned. They won't attack each other unless you've put a scanforoffenders in the AI, or some other police / bounty hunter type AI. I gave the haywire battlebots 10C bounties to make them "offenders", they attack everybody (except other battlebots) as their AI tells them to Look for Targets in the order trader, police, pirate, thargoid, player. Police ships and hunters may go for an offender ship, but as the effect I wanted that the bots had gone nuts and everybody in the system was getting attack, this worked quite well. The Legal status can change, though. As soon as a bot fires at a police ship it becomes fugitive in the usual way. I suppose if they happened to find a lot of pirates and blew them up, the might get themselves back to clean, at least until they found a police ship again!
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Roberto
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Roberto »

Cheers LB - I'll do just that. There's no way they'll encounter anyone else where they are.
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

A death_actions spawn would put the thing(s) spawned at the exact location of the destroyed ship, but this is geting way to conveluted! :roll:

Think it will be fine with the AI you've got! 8)
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

On the Q-mine thing, the mine's role is EQ_QC_MINE.

I've been working on a Defence Satilite to find and disarm q-mines and it finds them with this role. This might no help as the problem was more getting the thing ejected, but you could try a spawn or ejectitem : EQ_QC_MINE 1.
Roberto
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Roberto »

Does ejectItem require a number beside the item to be ejected?
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

Not sure as I've havent used it, but spawn does need a number so maybe eject item does as well.
Arexack_Heretic
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

I don't think so....

ejectItem: cloackingdevice is a singular.
also I don't remember ever using it any other way, I just multiplied the line if I needed more of the same ejected. (note: they are all ejected from the craft at the same point, namely the 'aft_eject_position')
Riding the Rocket!
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

Looked at Giles's code on this and I think he does it under Death_actions with a spawn cloaking device 1. You might be right as I haven't tried eject item, but worth giving putting a number after it a go. :wink:
Arexack_Heretic

Yes, you are right.
The cloaked-asp uses 'spawn: cloak 1' in it's death_actions.
I wonder where ejectItem is used then....
anyhow, how did it work out the 'ejectItem: object 1' ?
Riding the Rocket!
Roberto
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Roberto »

I tried this: "ejectItem: qbomb 1". It didn't work.

I'm not going to be able to do this unless Giles can tell me how. And it's been almost a month since I first asked the question, so I don't think it's going to happen :(
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

You'd need Ejectitem EQ_QC_MINE 1 (as this is its role).
Roberto
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Roberto »

I just tried with energy-bomb, and it didn't work. I guess I'll try that too...
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

Yeah, energy bomb doesn't work, my minesweeper satilite failed to find q-mines when looking for them with that role, but found them with EQ_QC_MINE.