Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Random Hits OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

mossfoot
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Random Hits OXP

Post by mossfoot »

I got the same failure.
--
Pilot: Mossfoot - Ship ID: Viaticus Rex (Cobra MKII)

http://www.noahchinnbooks.com/
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Sorry about that. It was late when I did the update and a typo was left in. Works now. Thanks for reporting.
DGill
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by DGill »

Thanks Spara

Loaded the oxz but still get errors, a few lines of the log errors copied below. Is there a list of expansion packs I need to first install?

09:54:26.482 [shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data.
09:54:26.656 [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "rh_v2rpurglbox" specifies non-existent model "rh_v2rpurglbox.dat".
09:54:26.666 [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "random_hits_patrol_mw-asp" specifies non-existent model "rh_staer9_asp_body.dat".
09:54:26.675 [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "random_hits_big_boss_fighter_cobra2x" specifies non-existent model "rh_staer9_cobra_mk2-x.dat".
09:54:26.685 [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "rh_staer9_python_et_eng" specifies non-existent model "rh_staer9_python_et_eng.dat".
09:54:26.694 [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "rh_v2rpurgrbox" specifies non-existent model "rh_v2rpurgrbox.dat".
09:54:26.703 [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "random_hits_mark_phaze" specifies non-existent model "rh_phaze.dat".
09:54:26.712 [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "rhs_mark_imp_shipset" specifies non-existent model "rh_adck_imp_c.dat".
09:54:26.722 [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "rhs_mark_pcc_shipset" specifies non-existent model "rh_staer9_python_cc_body.dat".
09:54:26.731 [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "random_hits_big_boss_iguana" specifies non-existent model "rh_staer9_iguana.dat".
09:54:26.739 [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "rhs_patrol_iguana_shipset" specifies non-existent model "rh_staer9_iguana.dat".
09:54:26.748 [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "rhs_big_boss_wolfmk2SE_spacelane_shipset" specifies non-existent model "rh_griff_normalmapped_wolf_mkii.dat".
09:54:26.757 [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "random_hits_mark_ghavial" specifies non-existent model "rh_staer9_ghavial_body.dat".
09:54:26.766 [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "griff_spacebar_platform" specifies non-existent model "griff_spacebar_platform.dat".
09:54:26.775 [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "random_hits_mark_cutlass" specifies non-existent model "rh_ccutlass-dux2.dat".
09:54:26.784 [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "random_hits_patrol_cobras9" specifies non-existent model "rh_chopped_cobra.dat".
09:54:26.793 [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "random_hits_mark_imp" specifies non-existent model "rh_adck_imp_c.dat".
09:54:26.801 [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "random_hits_patrol_mussurana" specifies non-existent model "rh_staer9_mussurana.dat".
09:54:26.810 [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "random_hits_patrol_cobra4" specifies non-existent model "rh_blackcobraIV.dat".
09:54:26.819 [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "random_hits_big_boss_fighter_dttmk1" specifies non-existent model "rh_dtt-mark-1.dat".
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Did you install resources too?
DGill
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by DGill »

Ok- missed that.

Tried to install resources - but crashed oolite after about 14 mb of the download - probably my broadband connection.

I've deleted the oxz for now. Thanks anyway.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

DGill wrote:
Ok- missed that.

Tried to install resources - but crashed oolite after about 14 mb of the download - probably my broadband connection.

You might want to download the resources pack separately from the Expansion Packs of the Oolite website.

As a side note, I'll probably be rewriting some of the oxp in the future so that there are only a small selection of special ships included and the rest is taken from installed extra ships. Especially Staer9's shipset would be nice to have in the expansion manager and this oxp could the link to that.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

DGill wrote:
Are you on Windows? If yes, be aware that for large files the download may appear to halt, but in reality it doesn't; there is also a message displayed on the screen to that effect, asking you to let the download proceed even if the application appears to not respond. It's one of the known issues of 1.80 and one we'd like to look at in the (near) future.
DGill
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by DGill »

spara wrote:
DGill wrote:
Ok- missed that.

You might want to download the resources pack separately from the Expansion Packs of the Oolite website.

As a side note, I'll probably be rewriting some of the oxp in the future so that there are only a small selection of special ships included and the rest is taken from installed extra ships. Especially Staer9's shipset would be nice to have in the expansion manager and this oxp could the link to that.
Ok - thanks - loaded it from http://www.oolite.org/oxps/ and all works will now.

"another_commander" - yes I use win 7 64bit. The download counter rapidly went to 14mb download then stopped. After a while a Windows dialog box pop-up saying oolite was not responding
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

DGill wrote:
"another_commander" - yes I use win 7 64bit. The download counter rapidly went to 14mb download then stopped. After a while a Windows dialog box pop-up saying oolite was not responding
Strange that one. We never had dialogs pop up before. If this happens again and the dialog gives a choice to wait for the program to respond, click that one and don't terminate it. It continues to function and the download is still ongoing.
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

I'm getting this error in the log, just as I docked in a seedy space bar:

Code: Select all

21:36:28.969 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (Random_Hits 1.8.1): TypeError: group is null
21:36:28.969 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]:       C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.random_hits.oxz/Scripts/oolite-randomHits.js, line 1367.
21:36:29.073 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (Random_Hits 1.8.1): TypeError: group is null
21:36:29.073 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]:       C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.random_hits.oxz/Scripts/oolite-randomHits.js, line 1367.
21:36:29.155 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (Random_Hits 1.8.1): TypeError: group is null
21:36:29.155 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]:       C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.random_hits.oxz/Scripts/oolite-randomHits.js, line 1367.
21:36:29.277 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (Random_Hits 1.8.1): TypeError: group is null
21:36:29.278 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]:       C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.random_hits.oxz/Scripts/oolite-randomHits.js, line 1367.
21:36:29.476 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (Random_Hits 1.8.1): TypeError: group is null
21:36:29.476 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]:       C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.random_hits.oxz/Scripts/oolite-randomHits.js, line 1367.
21:36:29.695 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (Random_Hits 1.8.1): TypeError: group is null
21:36:29.695 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]:       C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.random_hits.oxz/Scripts/oolite-randomHits.js, line 1367.
There's lots of these errors. It looks like the screen is stuck in a loop on the "Random Hits News" page, where there's an incoming message, "decripting" (bad spelling, by the way), please wait, and then "Press space Commander", but it just keeps displaying the same page, and an error appears in the log on each "Press space". I suspect the space bar is about to invite me to join in a sorty to fight off some bad guys, but I'm not getting the message. I'm going to have to force Oolite closed unless there's a way to bounce it out of this loop.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

phkb wrote:
where there's an incoming message, "decripting" (bad spelling, by the way),........ I suspect the space bar is about to invite me to join in a sorty to fight off some bad guys, but I'm not getting the message.
That misspelled word is generated in the routine that "invites' you to an thargoid attack. ("the thargoidAttackStarted" case in the mission offering code) I remember that adding the thargoids took quite long, so I first present this "decrypting...." page before the adding the thargoids around the spacebar, to avoid looking at a black mission page. After adding most of the thargoids, a line "nearly done....." is added, and than the "decrypting-page" is replaced with the mission offering itself.

I have no clue what brings this in a loop.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

The loop could very well be my bad, as I had to change some parts when adapting the oxp for 1.80. I'll check it out when I get back home later this week.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

I don't have any idea what could be causing the reported error. I can force the mission involved to trigger with no problem. The error it self refers that the group variable is null, which leads to commands system.addGroupToRoute and system.addGroup that get called with "thargoid" role. Can't see what could go wrong there :? .

If this error comes back, please report it.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

New version 1.9 is available.

Random Hits is a mammoth in it's current form and I'm doing something about it. I have done a change to make it more dynamic, making it possible to link to other oxps through like_shipping. The goal is to remove most of the included ships from the oxp and use them only if they are separately installed. This will shrink the size of the oxp and lesser the need for updating the oxp when ships get updated.

I'm doing this only with ships that I assume are popular as additional ships and are available through the expansion manager. I have started the slicing by removing sb-faves from the oxp and linking them from the stand alone oxp. If the oxp is not there, the ships won't appear in Random Hits.

Next I'm waiting for Griff to put his masterpieces and Staer9/Keeper to put their shipset to the manager.

* Took sb-faves out of the oxp and linked them from the stand-alone sb-faves oxp.
* A couple of minor bug fixes.

Edit. No need to download the new resources file, if you have the old one. The new resources is just a cut down version of the old one.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Updated to 1.9.1

* Fixed a forgotten external_dependency that was throwing errors to the log in case sb-faves was not installed.