Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Random Hits OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Random Hits OXP

Post by pagroove »

:lol:
This is one of the greatest things of this OXP. The fantastic descriptions.
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Good to see you here again, Robert!
CommRLock78 wrote:
I even came across an interesting hit, which (sorry to the one 'related') I went ahead and pasted:
Woohoo! Fame at last.. and a respectably high bounty, too.. The description seems about right, for the most part. And wanted dead by the government for future crimes, no less! Someone knows me rather well.. :twisted:
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
CommRLock78
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommRLock78 »

Diziet Sma wrote:
Good to see you here again, Robert!
CommRLock78 wrote:
I even came across an interesting hit, which (sorry to the one 'related') I went ahead and pasted:
Woohoo! Fame at last.. and a respectably high bounty, too.. The description seems about right, for the most part. And wanted dead by the government for future crimes, no less! Someone knows me rather well.. :twisted:
Hehehe - I liked the "for crimes to be committed" myself :P
"I'll laser the mark all while munching a fistful of popcorn." - Markgräf von Ededleen, Marquess, Brutal Great One, Assassins' Guild Exterminator
---------------------------
At the helm of the Caduceus Omega, 'Murderous Morrígan'
CommRLock78
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommRLock78 »

CaptSolo wrote:
CommRLock78 wrote:
(LOL - 'Mini-Egg' :lol: )
Wait till you come up against, 'Final Orders Selezen'. :)
Hmmm, I don't think I've seen that one, but it looks like a hit to respect! As far as I can remember, so far the only other member I've seen on the Random hits message board is PA Groove - I don't recall his description, though I no doubt have a screenshot of it somewhere (it might even still be up in the Screenshots thread).
"I'll laser the mark all while munching a fistful of popcorn." - Markgräf von Ededleen, Marquess, Brutal Great One, Assassins' Guild Exterminator
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

CommRLock78 wrote:
CaptSolo wrote:
CommRLock78 wrote:
(LOL - 'Mini-Egg' :lol: )
Wait till you come up against, 'Final Orders Selezen'. :)
Hmmm, I don't think I've seen that one, but it looks like a hit to respect! As far as I can remember, so far the only other member I've seen on the Random hits message board is PA Groove - I don't recall his description, though I no doubt have a screenshot of it somewhere (it might even still be up in the Screenshots thread).
That is funny. I never saw a hit on myself. :D
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
CommRLock78
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommRLock78 »

pagroove wrote:
That is funny. I never saw a hit on myself. :D
Oh yeah, you've come up a couple of times now. I think I saw El Viejo the other day, but his was just a meager ~4500 credits - I like to go for the big fish :twisted: .

Anyway, this hit came up the other day, and I couldn't resist taking it... the offense absolutely cracks me up :lol: :
CaptSolo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CaptSolo »

Found this in today's log:

Code: Select all

16:17:46.187 [script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefined]: ----- JavaScript warning (Random_Hits 1.4.18): Unknown expansion key [mission_random_hits_criminal_kill_payment] in string.
16:17:46.187 [script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefined]:       ../AddOns/RandomHits1.4.18.oxp/Scripts/oolite-randomHits.js, line 1416.
16:17:46.187 [script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefined]: ----- JavaScript warning (Random_Hits 1.4.18): Unbalanced ] in string.
Occurred upon docking after defending the bar from an attack.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

That is the last version I uploaded. I think the report is 1 line of and line 1415 is the offending one.:

describe_payment = expandDescription("[random_hits_security_bar_text_describe_payment1]");
But I see no Unbalanced ] in that line nor any underlying expansions. Strange.
CaptSolo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CaptSolo »

I couldn't see an unbalanced ] either, and the error had no effect on the reward I received.

Curiously, there was a Rock Hermit located not far away from the bar. A Liberator took great pleasure in destroying it. Bugger! That was my next stop.
Bangbangduck
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Bangbangduck »

Hello there

Having a small issue with random hits 1.7.1 on Oolite 1.77.1.5701. Getting some ships with no textures. In log this is shown.

15:15:17.829 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "staer9_asp_diffuse.png".
15:15:17.894 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "staer9_asp_gun.png".
15:29:16.480 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "staer9_sidewinderx_diffuse.png".
15:40:52.614 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "staer9_salamander_diffuse.png".
15:40:52.757 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "staer9_salamander_engine_diffuse.png".
15:52:03.265 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "staer9_cobra2x_diffuse.png".

15:58:35.754 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "staer9_cobra2x_diffuse.png".
15:59:41.139 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "staer9_cat_diffuse.png".
15:59:41.330 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "staer9_iguana_diffuse.png".
15:59:41.500 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "staer9_iguana_diffuse.png".

16:35:39.246 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "staer9_cat_diffuse.png".
16:35:39.251 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "staer9_iguana_diffuse.png".
16:35:39.257 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "staer9_iguana_diffuse.png".
16:36:39.967 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "staer9_monitor_diffuse.png".
I've had a look in the textures folder and looked at the shipdata.plist. I am no expert by any stretch but I can't see what the problem is. The above references show in the plist and they reference staer9 textures which have a 'rh_' prefix. These textures, with the rh_ prefix, do exist in the textures folder.

{
					"staer9_asp_diffuse.png" =
					{
						emission_map = { name = "rh_staer9_asp_effects.png"; extract_channel = "a"; };
						emission_modulate_color = ( 0.98, 0.92, 0.72 );
						specular_color = (0.3, 0.3, 0.3, 1.0);
						shininess = 5;
						vertex_shader = "oolite-tangent-space-vertex.vertex";
						fragment_shader = "rh_staer9.fragment";
						textures =
						(
							"rh_staer9_asp_diffuse.png",
							"rh_staer9_asp_normal.png",
							"rh_staer9_asp_effects.png"
All else runs great and is a terrific oxp to play.

BBD
Do not press this button [O].....Oh Bugger!
Cobra MKIII Grendal's Dam
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Without checking, I would suspect that the .dat file is not altered to have the 'rh_' prefix. The shipdata.plist seems okay.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Bugger, it's missing diffuse_map definitions :shock:. My bad, I'll better fix it. At least I'll fix the oxz version. I suggest updating to Oolite 1.80.
Bangbangduck
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Bangbangduck »

Aha! Cheers

I have 1.80 on my big PC but I run 1.77 on my netbook because it's not up to running the Oober goodness that is 1.80.... <sobs into his beer>

BBD :mrgreen:
Do not press this button [O].....Oh Bugger!
Cobra MKIII Grendal's Dam
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Now updated to 1.8.2. Update available from the expansion manager.

* Added weapons_auto to ambiance ships.
* Fixed missing diffusion_map entries for shaderless setups.

I'll ponder a bit about updating the old version for 1.77.1. Shipdata has changed a bit from that.
DGill
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by DGill »

Using Oolite v1.80. Tried to install Random Hit but got message "Download failed" and "Status: Conflicts with installed pack or requires another pack to be installed first". Tried first removing all oxp from Addon folder but does not help - any suggestions?

Log file gives:

Resources
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns
../AddOns
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.comms-pack-a.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.CCL.oxz
07:39:53.371 [shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data.
07:39:53.872 [startup.complete]: ========== Loading complete in 1.34 seconds. ==========
07:40:40.172 [oxz.manager.error]: Downloaded OXZ does not contain a manifest.plist, has been left in C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/Caches/org.aegidian.oolite/Oolite-download.oxz
07:41:04.756 [oxz.manager.error]: Downloaded OXZ does not contain a manifest.plist, has been left in C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/Caches/org.aegidian.oolite/Oolite-download.oxz
07:41:08.872 [exit.context]: Exiting: Shift-escape pressed.
07:41:08.872 [gameController.exitApp]: .GNUstepDefaults synchronized.