Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Galactic Navy Strikes Back

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Yodeebe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Yodeebe »

Hiya. not sure if this is the right thread, but i'm supposed to :
"go to the navy intelligence station in the anenvesa system for a full briefing"
but there's no other station than the main one.
I have just changed the main program from 1.74.1 to 1.74.2 mid mission. have i messed it up?
all the oxp's & saves are the same ones.
cheers.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Does the log (Latest.log) reveal something unusual?
Yodeebe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Yodeebe »

hi Svengali.
you'll have to help me here. where do i find the log?
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Yodeebe wrote:
Hiya. not sure if this is the right thread, but i'm supposed to :
"go to the navy intelligence station in the anenvesa system for a full briefing"
but there's no other station than the main one.
I have just changed the main program from 1.74.1 to 1.74.2 mid mission. have i messed it up?
all the oxp's & saves are the same ones.
cheers.
That's TCAT, not Galactic Navy.

Please ensure you have the current version, as there was a bug in one of the older ones that could cause such an issue. If you're not on version 1.04, please update it to that one via the links below.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Yodeebe wrote:
hi Svengali.
you'll have to help me here. where do i find the log?
Depends on your OS.

- Under Windows, the log can be found at <installation directory>\Oolite\Logs\Latest.log – by default, that’s C:\Program Files\Oolite\Logs\Latest.log.

- Under Mac OS X, the log can be found at ~/Library/Logs/Oolite/Latest.log. Just open the console and open the log from there.

- Under Linux, the log can be found at ~/.Oolite/Logs/Latest.log.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Commander McLane wrote:
- Under Windows, the log can be found at <installation directory>\Oolite\Logs\Latest.log – by default, that’s C:\Program Files\Oolite\Logs\Latest.log.
The default in Windows is C:\Oolite\oolite.app\Logs\Latest.log. Program Files is not a preferred location due to virutalization issues with Vista and later versions of Windows.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

another_commander wrote:
Commander McLane wrote:
The default in Windows is C:\Oolite\oolite.app\Logs\Latest.log. Program Files is not a preferred location due to virutalization issues with Vista and later versions of Windows.
I c&p'd wholesale from Ahruman's instructions in the Bug report guidelines. The big A should be asked to update that piece of information, then. Or do your moderator powers suffice to edit a post in a locked thread?
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Commander McLane wrote:
I c&p'd wholesale from Ahruman's instructions in the Bug report guidelines. The big A should be asked to update that piece of information, then. Or do your moderator powers suffice to edit a post in a locked thread?
They suffice. The relevant post has been updated.
Yodeebe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Yodeebe »

Thargoid wrote:

That's TCAT, not Galactic Navy.

spot on, Thanks.
OneoftheLost
Deadly
Deadly

Post by OneoftheLost »

Hate to be nub, but are the latest versions of this, and Behometh (Sp?) compatible with the latest version of Oolite?
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

I like this oxp - there's something vaguely intimidating about occasionally jumping into a system and being faced with a bunch of Navy frigates!

Meanwhile, here are a few things I've found in my log file:

Code: Select all

[script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefinedError]: ----- JavaScript warning (GalNavy Build 0139): Mission.runMissionScreen() is deprecated, use Mission.runScreen() instead.
[script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefinedError]: ----- JavaScript warning (GalNavy Build 0139): Mission.choice is deprecated and will be removed in a future version of Oolite.
[script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefinedError]:       /home/robert/.Oolite/AddOns/Galactic_Navy 5.2.2.oxp/Scripts/galnavymain.js, line 415.
[script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefinedError]: ----- JavaScript warning (GalNavy Build 0139): Mission.choice is deprecated and will be removed in a future version of Oolite.
[script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefinedError]:       /home/robert/.Oolite/AddOns/Galactic_Navy 5.2.2.oxp/Scripts/galnavymain.js, line 456.
[script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefinedError]:       /home/robert/.Oolite/AddOns/Galactic_Navy 5.2.2.oxp/Scripts/galnavymain.js, line 465.
[script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefinedError]:       /home/robert/.Oolite/AddOns/Galactic_Navy 5.2.2.oxp/Scripts/galnavymain.js, line 504.
[script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefinedError]: ----- JavaScript warning (GalNavy Build 0139): Mission.setMusic is deprecated and will be removed in a future version of Oolite.
[script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefinedError]:       /home/robert/.Oolite/AddOns/Galactic_Navy 5.2.2.oxp/Scripts/galnavymain.js, line 505.
[script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefinedError]: ----- JavaScript warning (GalNavy Build 0139): Mission.setBackgroundImage is deprecated and will be removed in a future version of Oolite.
[script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefinedError]:       /home/robert/.Oolite/AddOns/Galactic_Navy 5.2.2.oxp/Scripts/galnavymain.js, line 506.
[script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefinedError]: ----- JavaScript warning (GalNavy Build 0139): Mission.showShipModel is deprecated and will be removed in a future version of Oolite.
[script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefinedError]:       /home/robert/.Oolite/AddOns/Galactic_Navy 5.2.2.oxp/Scripts/galnavymain.js, line 507.
[script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefinedError]: ----- JavaScript warning (GalNavy Build 0139): Mission.showMissionScreen is deprecated and will be removed in a future version of Oolite.
[script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefinedError]:       /home/robert/.Oolite/AddOns/Galactic_Navy 5.2.2.oxp/Scripts/galnavymain.js, line 509.
[script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefinedError]: ----- JavaScript warning (GalNavy Build 0139): Mission.setChoicesKey is deprecated and will be removed in a future version of Oolite.
[script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefinedError]:       /home/robert/.Oolite/AddOns/Galactic_Navy 5.2.2.oxp/Scripts/galnavymain.js, line 535.
[script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefinedError]:       /home/robert/.Oolite/AddOns/Galactic_Navy 5.2.2.oxp/Scripts/galnavymain.js, line 586.
[script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefinedError]:       /home/robert/.Oolite/AddOns/Galactic_Navy 5.2.2.oxp/Scripts/galnavymain.js, line 594.

[ai.load.failed.unknownAI]: Can't switch AI for <ShipEntity 0x9dbfc620>{"Pirate Frigate"} to "reserve-pirate.plist" - could not load file.
[script.javaScript.exception.noProperties]: ***** JavaScript exception (galnavyTarget-ReservePirate Galactic Navy Build 113 / Galactic Navy Target 9): TypeError: whom has no properties
[script.javaScript.exception.noProperties]:       /home/robert/.Oolite/AddOns/Galactic_Navy 5.2.2.oxp/Scripts/galNavyTarget-ReservePirate.js, line 86.
These things pop up, well, whenever I dock at a Navy station to take a mission, for obvious reasons. I've deleted a lot of duplicates! As you can see, most of these aren't exactly problems as such, except the last couple.

Having a look through the files, should "reserve-pirate.plist" be "reserve-pirateAI.plist"?
I don't know enough scripting to guess at the last one, though...

Incidentally, as I was jumping from Galaxy 1 to Galaxy 2, a message popped up on the screen saying
Gal Navy: Transferring you to Galaxy 1's Naval jurisdiction.
Surely that should be Galaxy 2? I did a test jump from Gal 2 to 3, and the same problem turned up; it said:
Gal Navy: Transferring you to Galaxy 2's Naval jurisdiction.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

You can ignore all those ‘deprecation’ warnings:

Code: Select all

[script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefinedError]: ----- JavaScript warning (GalNavy Build 0139): Mission.runMissionScreen() is deprecated, use Mission.runScreen() instead.
They just mean that it won’t work in a future version of Oolite. You can suppress them, if you wish, as detailed here.

However, take note of Ahruman’s warning.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

El Viejo wrote:
You can ignore all those ‘deprecation’ warnings. They just mean that it won’t work in a future version of Oolite.
Yeah, I guessed that, but I though I'd post them just to let people know that they were there... I was more concerned about the last couple, which are actually errors!
El Viejo wrote:
You can suppress them, if you wish, as detailed here.

However, take note of Ahruman’s warning.
Ooh, excellent! Most useful! I don't yet write oxps, although I'm sorely tempted! Considering how much time I spend posting error messages from my log files all over the forums, it'd be nice to give everybody else something to pick holes in! *grins*

I'm currently trying to teach myself how to use Wings3D, as making a ship seemed to be the best way to get going! I'm more used to making shapes in VRML or OpenGL, so this is both easier and harder to get used to at the same time! Easier, as I don't have to calculate all the vertices and define the faces by hand, but harder, as I have to get used to the controls, and I don't find them very intuitive...

Anyways, thanks for the link! Presumably this'll still post all the actual errors, though?
Cody

Post by Cody »

Mauiby de Fug wrote:
Presumably this'll still post all the actual errors, though?
To the best of my somewhat limited knowledge, yes.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

That's good! I'll put it in for now, then, and if at some point in the future I get to grips with oxps enough to be able to write my own, I'll take it out then,