Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Famous Planet v 2.0.oxp Launch thread

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

UK_Eliter is currently BETAtesting and got this message in the Log.

Although he report everything is working fine I want to know what causes these log messages. Is this solvable?

[

Code: Select all

script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefinedError]: ----- JavaScript warning ("Famous Planets 2 Launch Script" 2.0): The function Planet.setTexture() is deprecated and will be removed in a future version of Oolite. Use planet.texture = 'foo' instead.
[script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefinedError]: ../AddOns/Famous_Planets_v2.0.oxp/Config/script.js, line 97.
[script.javaScript.warning.undefinedProp]: ----- JavaScript warning ("Famous Planets 2 Launch Script" 2.0): reference to undefined property player.position
[script.javaScript.warning.undefinedProp]: ../AddOns/Famous_Planets_v2.0.oxp/Config/script.js, line 130.
[script.javaScript.exception.noProperties]: ***** JavaScript exception ("Famous Planets 2 Launch Script" 2.0): TypeError: player.position has no properties
[script.javaScript.exception.noProperties]: ../AddOns/Famous_Planets_v2.0.oxp/Config/script.js, line 130.
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

pagroove wrote:

[script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefinedError]: ----- JavaScript warning ("Famous Planets 2 Launch Script" 2.0): The function Planet.setTexture() is deprecated and will be removed in a future version of Oolite. Use planet.texture = 'foo' instead.
[script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefinedError]: ../AddOns/Famous_Planets_v2.0.oxp/Config/script.js, line 97.
This one already tells you what you need to do.
pagroove wrote:

script.javaScript.warning.undefinedProp]: ----- JavaScript warning ("Famous Planets 2 Launch Script" 2.0): reference to undefined property player.position 
[script.javaScript.warning.undefinedProp]: ../AddOns/Famous_Planets_v2.0.oxp/Config/script.js, line 130. 
[script.javaScript.exception.noProperties]: ***** JavaScript exception ("Famous Planets 2 Launch Script" 2.0): TypeError: player.position has no properties 
[script.javaScript.exception.noProperties]: ../AddOns/Famous_Planets_v2.0.oxp/Config/script.js, line 130.
player.position was deprecated some time ago and has been removed, use player.ship.position instead.
OSH
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by OSH »

How can I disable music playing in Famous Planet?
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

OSH wrote:
How can I disable music playing in Famous Planet?
Install OXPConfig and follow the instructions in the manual. This oxp allows changing some oxp settings without modifying the oxp itself.
OSH
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by OSH »

Well, I have one problem. I've installed FP, OXPConfig too. When I've enter to configuration and choose "load configuration" and later Famous Planet, I've got a message Famous Planet launch script is not installed. What's wrong?
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

OSH wrote:
Well, I have one problem. I've installed FP, OXPConfig too. When I've enter to configuration and choose "load configuration" and later Famous Planet, I've got a message Famous Planet launch script is not installed. What's wrong?
The problem is that some authors constantly rename their script name. Instead of changing the version variable, did FP change the script name to show it updated the version. It makes scripting dependencies a problem. The current OXPConfig now only works with old versions of FP.

The only solution is than to change the script itself. Find the file "script.js" in FP and look for the line:

this.audio = true;
Changing it here to false should do the trick also.
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Eric Walch wrote:
OSH wrote:
The problem is that some authors constantly rename their script name. Instead of changing the version variable, did FP change the script name to show it updated the version. It makes scripting dependencies a problem. The current OXPConfig now only works with old versions of FP.

The only solution is than to change the script itself. Find the file "script.js" in FP and look for the line:

this.audio = true;
Changing it here to false should do the trick also.
I did not rename the scipt as far as I know it.
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

pagroove wrote:
The first line reads: "Famous Planets 2 Launch Script", while OXPConfig is looking for a script with the name: "Famous Planets Launch Script". So somehow the name changed from version 1 to version 2.
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Eric Walch wrote:
pagroove wrote:
The first line reads: "Famous Planets 2 Launch Script", while OXPConfig is looking for a script with the name: "Famous Planets Launch Script". So somehow the name changed from version 1 to version 2.
Oops. Then I did it sorry :wink: