Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

The Assassins Guild OXP (Final Updated Version)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Ahruman wrote:
(Incidentally, I’d appreciate any suggestions for OXPs with big or buggy script.plists, apart from Anarchies, Assassins, Asteroid Storm and Ionics.)
Large scripts.plist are also in: "Galactic_Navy.oxp", "Deposed.oxp" and "Trident_Down". Also in the current UPS-Courier.oxp I still keep the old script.plist for compatibility with Oolite 1.65.

These four are the longest legacy scripts I know of, besides the one you mention.

UPS probably has some stuff that the translator will stumble over:

do = ("/** nothing, you are at destination **/"); It's wrong but harmless. It generates an error message in the log but I used it at several places because the mac plist editor removes valid comments on saving. I should have removed it by now.

"addSystemShips: trader 2 0.[d100_number]" No clean programming but it works because oolite first expands the complete line and only than starts evaluating the commands. This is the bad situation you mentioned yesterday. But this is the only (easy) way to generate random decimal numbers. (multiplication's aren't possible in legacy)
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Eric Walch wrote:
do = ("/** nothing, you are at destination **/"); It's wrong but harmless. It generates an error message in the log but I used it at several places because the mac plist editor removes valid comments on saving. I should have removed it by now.
That’ll break, yes. I suppose I could special-case it.
"addSystemShips: trader 2 0.[d100_number]" No clean programming but it works because oolite first expands the complete line and only than starts evaluating the commands. This is the bad situation you mentioned yesterday. But this is the only (easy) way to generate random decimal numbers. (multiplication's aren't possible in legacy)
That works fine (it expands to this.parseFloatOrZero(expandDescription("0.[d100_number]")) now, probably this.parseFloatOrZero("0." + Math.floor(Math.random() * 100)) at some point in the future). The potential problem is when things like that generate semantically meaningful spaces.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Ahruman wrote:
(Incidentally, I’d appreciate any suggestions for OXPs with big or buggy script.plists, apart from Anarchies...
Was it big or buggy? :wink:

Incidentally, in JS it's a lot shorter, although not everything can be translated yet (may I use this opportunity to remind you of a scripting request: pseudoFixedDnnn_numbers in JavaScript).
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Commander McLane wrote:
Ahruman wrote:
(Incidentally, I’d appreciate any suggestions for OXPs with big or buggy script.plists, apart from Anarchies...
Was it big or buggy? :wink:
It was a two-in-one bonus.
Incidentally, in JS it's a lot shorter, although not everything can be translated yet (may I use this opportunity to remind you of a scripting request: pseudoFixedDnnn_numbers in JavaScript).
What, like these?
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Ahruman wrote:
What, like these?
Yes, exactly. (I read the progress-thread only after I had posted here). Thanks! :D
FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by FSOneblin »

After reading this for a while, Does this work in 1.71.2? Because
I'm in g7 now.

Don't Panic: FSOneblin
Don't panic

Now an "adult!"
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Yep should do. On your first docking at any Main Station with 200+ kills you should get a message from the Guild. Have tested on 1.71.2 and was working.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by FSOneblin »

LittleBear wrote:
Yep should do. On your first docking at any Main Station with 200+ kills you should get a message from the Guild. Have tested on 1.71.2 and was working.
Wow, that was a fast repily. Thanks

Don't panic

Now an "adult!"
FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by FSOneblin »

WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS, AND NEBLIN TRYING TO COMMUNICATE

Do you dare go any further reading this spoiler-infested post? I had done the nova bomb part of the mission, and finaly escaped, but when I go back to that system, the planet is still there, and the sun is not all nova-ee. And does this mean the sisters will stop trying to kill me?

Don't panic

Now an "adult!"
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Yep that mission is over when you kill their Big Brother (and escape without being Novaed!). As Mambas don't have Hyperdrives, the last of the sisters were caught in the blast and you are safe from the Soin Clan. The fact that the System where you encountered him is not permenatey Novaed is a bit of a continuity problem, but it was the only way to go really. I have to reset the system to non-noved once the Nova Bomb mission is over because I don't know where you are when you triggered it. If I allowed the OXP to permenatley destroy the system, this could make a mission by someone else impossible to complete (if they happened to set it in the system where you encountered Big Brother). Or it could make Assassins impossible to complete if you happened to meet B.B. in a system where a later Assassins mission is set. Its a bit of a plot cheat to re-set the Noved System, but necessary to avoid this. :wink:
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

I have been informed that people are having problems downloading Assassins.
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

My quota should come back on friday 4th Dec. Too many dowloads of Random Hits in 28 days has put my box account over its 25 Gigs a month limit. I'll put up a note on the download page that you'll have to wait until friday. Normally my box account will take about 250 downloads of the oxps I've put up there in a 28 day peroid and I've not had this happen before.
davcefai
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by davcefai »

I am back in Galaxy 7 and playing Assassins again. One problem: The Mark Transponder Scanner doesn't.

I've seen off the Hockey team and zapped the "Fair Wind" but without the benefit of the scanner.

I'm running Oolite v1.72 dated Nov 8 2008 under Debian Linux and the most recent version of Assassins.

My save file has:

Code: Select all

<key>EQ_MK_SCAN</key>
	<true/>
and

Code: Select all

<key>mission_assassins_gotscan</key>
	<string>1</string>
Can you help please?
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Perhaps doesn't work anymore due to scripting changes?

That's a shot in the dark, though. I don't know much about Assissins.
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

I'm not sure why its not showing up on your F5 screen, but it won't effect how the OXP plays as the equipment doesn't actually do anything in code (it's just for show), as its the shipdata file that actually allows you to indentify your victims.