Current state of Mac version?

Discussion and announcements regarding the Mac port… er, original version of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Re: Current state of Mac version?

Post by phkb »

Cholmondely wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:35 am
Oolite's Expansions Manager still fails to connect to the new site! Is it really that difficult to fix it?
Are you saying that executing the following command in a terminal window *doesn't* fix the Expansion Manager for you?

Code: Select all

defaults write org.aegidian.oolite oxz-index-url http://addons.oolite.space/api/1.0/overview
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

phkb wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 2:36 pm
BGS/BackGroundSet is very confusing with no indication that they are the same thing.
Happy to remove the old versions if that's what's needed.

Look, I'm happy to clean this up. We just need to make a call on whether we want to keep these older versions available via the manager. We can keep them available on the wiki and just remove them from the DM. Let me know.
Is it not the case that what is needed is for the older versions to have their manifest.plist edited to include the maximum/latest Oolite version they're intended for?
In your heart, you know it's flat.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

phkb wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 2:44 pm
Oolite's Expansions Manager still fails to connect to the new site! Is it really that difficult to fix it?
Are you saying that executing the following command in a terminal window *doesn't* fix the Expansion Manager for you?

Code: Select all

defaults write org.aegidian.oolite oxz-index-url http://addons.oolite.space/api/1.0/overview
It very definitely did, thank you. But I’m thinking more of all those potential prospective Ooliters who will download something which is half kaput. And for the AppleMac, it is a mess…
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

MrFlibble wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:52 am
So that's an Intel, but at that speed I'm guessing not very recent. What version of MacOS is it running?
MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 on a 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

27inch late 2013
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

For OoliteStarter I get

The operation couldn’t be completed.
(com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.)

Couldn’t open OoliteStarter-0.1.32-MacOS-x86_64.pkg
Comments wanted:
MrFlibble
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by MrFlibble »

Cholmondely wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 11:15 am
For OoliteStarter I get

The operation couldn’t be completed.
(com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.)

Couldn’t open OoliteStarter-0.1.32-MacOS-x86_64.pkg
IIRC, I'd build 1.32 on Ventura, using a newer JDK, so a fail on Catalina is not surprising. For the time being, I'll build any new releases for Mac Intel with Catalina.

For me, OoliteStarter-0.1.33-hoopsnake.6-MacOS-x86_64.pkg is working on Intel Catalina.

Launching from a save-game, and MQTT will not work, but it'll still serve as an OXP manager. Perhaps we ought to edit the release notes to reflect those facts.