Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

[Release] Rescue Stations

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Rescue Stations

Post by Wildeblood »

Cmmdr Eclipse wrote:
I down loaded some new .oxz since then I can't find the RSS stations (I was sure there's one at G1 Xexedi) and was wondering if I just forgot where to look or I corrupted it? On the expansion pack menu it says installed and upto date, maybe I'm a space ball and just forgot where to look. If it was conflicting the menu would have told me right?
No, it wouldn't have. OXZ creators have to include that information about conflicts (it's not computed automatically), and no-one ever does.
Cmmdr Eclipse
Poor
Poor

Post by Cmmdr Eclipse »

Thanks for the reply. It seems the oxp update removed my RSS history in game, thankfully I found the stations and revamped my career with them! I guess I flapped when I couldn't find my job history, and the fact I forgot where to find the stations. I just finished a mission with them only to find my credits 5k down, not sure why either. Oh well, seems my luck lately.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Cmmdr Eclipse wrote:
I'm having trouble with the RSS Way Station .ozp
I down loaded some new .ozp since then I can't find the RSS stations (I was sure there's one at G1 Xexedi) and was wondering if I just forgot where to look or I corrupted it? On the expansion pack menu it says installed and upto date, maybe I'm a space ball and just forgot where to look. If it was conflicting the menu would have told me right? Is there a conflict list for the addon so I can check?

I'm using oolite 1.80 on the PC
and today I updated the ozp on the install list

Sorry for any bother and thanks good people!
No bother at all, happy to help. There are no major conflicts with Rescue stations and other oxps that I know of. I made a quick visit to the Xexedi system and I don't think there should be a RRS station there. Check Zaonce, there should be one. Might also be worth to take a peek at the Latest.log file if you're having trouble with oxps. There might be clues about errors there.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Cmmdr Eclipse wrote:
Thanks for the reply. It seems the oxp update removed my RSS history in game, thankfully I found the stations and revamped my career with them! I guess I flapped when I couldn't find my job history, and the fact I forgot where to find the stations. I just finished a mission with them only to find my credits 5k down, not sure why either. Oh well, seems my luck lately.
How old was your install? It's been quite a long time since RRS has changed so much that it breaks the save file compatibility.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Wildeblood wrote:
Cmmdr Eclipse wrote:
If it was conflicting the menu would have told me right?
No, it wouldn't have. OXZ creators have to include that information about conflicts (it's not computed automatically), and no-one ever does.
To be fair, if the OXZ author is aware of any conflicts, they do..
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Cmmdr Eclipse
Poor
Poor

Post by Cmmdr Eclipse »

Hey guy's, It was my bad but I have it sorted now. Everyone does a great job here, it just takes a little logic sometimes to get mods working, my lack of organisation also hinders this process :roll: I will try to be more useful when bug reporting in the future.
Thanks again.
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

I know you've got a log of stuff in your "todo" folder, spara, but for the next time you update Rescue Stations...

Code: Select all

14:09:08.331 [script.javaScript.exception.undeclaredVar]: ***** JavaScript exception (Rescue Stations 1.5): ReferenceError: assignment to undeclared variable j
14:09:08.331 [script.javaScript.exception.undeclaredVar]:       C:\Oolite-Trunk/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.rescue_stations.oxz/Scripts/rescue_missions.js, line 659.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

phkb wrote:
I know you've got a log of stuff in your "todo" folder, spara, but for the next time you update Rescue Stations...

14:09:08.331 [script.javaScript.exception.undeclaredVar]: ***** JavaScript exception (Rescue Stations 1.5): ReferenceError: assignment to undeclared variable j
14:09:08.331 [script.javaScript.exception.undeclaredVar]:       C:\Oolite-Trunk/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.rescue_stations.oxz/Scripts/rescue_missions.js, line 659.
Thanks, corrected in 1.5.1. Keep 'em reports coming.
phkb

Post by phkb »

Black boxes are part of Rescue Stations, right? Something odd is happening when I scoop one. It seems to randomly assign a type of cargo when it allocates it to my manifest screen. I'd had computers, alloy and luxuries, rather than machinery. And then, after I dock and collect my reward, I keep whatever it was it assigned.

As a secondary note, the link on the Expansions page on the Oolite website for Rescue stations goes to the older thread, not this one.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

phkb wrote:
Black boxes are part of Rescue Stations, right? Something odd is happening when I scoop one. It seems to randomly assign a type of cargo when it allocates it to my manifest screen. I'd had computers, alloy and luxuries, rather than machinery. And then, after I dock and collect my reward, I keep whatever it was it assigned.
I wonder if this is related to this report. Possibly something is wrong with the assignment of cargo type to scripted pods in 1.82. I'll check further.
phkb

Post by phkb »

I recently completed my first RRS mission, collecting a black box from an asteroid field. Made it back safely, docked, was told I was successful, and all was good. I then headed off into the black, jumped to a few new places, looking for adventure. I didn't have any missions active, but I happened to look at my manifest screen and saw this entry:
Special Cargo: 1 TC Black box.
It looks like the mission text didn't get reset properly after the mission was completed.
Here's the relevant RRS bits from my save file:

<key>mission_rescuestation_destsystem_desc</key>
	<string>Racemace (Anarchy, 14 LY northwest)</string>
	<key>mission_rescuestation_firstconv</key>
	<string>1</string>
	<key>mission_rescuestation_missionlog</key>
	<string>3a_complete=1</string>
	<key>mission_rescuestation_prevreputation</key>
	<string>15</string>
	<key>mission_rescuestation_reputation</key>
	<string>10</string>
	<key>mission_rescuestation_stage</key>
	<string>0</string>
	<key>mission_rrs_available_scenarios</key>
	<string>["3","2a","3","4","4"]</string>
I have only done the one mission, and I haven't been back to an RRS station since completing my first mission.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

A new version (1.5.2) is up.

* fixes the bug reported by phkb.
* adds screenIDs to the mission screens: "rrs_mission" and "rrs_mission_map".

The bug was my bad. I was running mission.setInstructions(null) in a wrong context, thus failing to remove the mission text. It should not happen again, but if it has already happened and the text is rightfully bugging you either do a similar mission again or remove

<key>Rescue Scenario 3</key>
	<string>Special Cargo: 1 TC Black box.</string>
from the save file.
phkb

Post by phkb »

Thanks, spara!
phkb wrote:
Something odd is happening when I scoop one. It seems to randomly assign a type of cargo when it allocates it to my manifest screen. I'd had computers, alloy and luxuries, rather than machinery. And then, after I dock and collect my reward, I keep whatever it was it assigned.
For an update on this, I changed shipdata.plist from this:

"rescue_blackbox_generic" = {
		like_ship = "rescue_blackbox_template";
		cargo_type = "CARGO_CARRIED";
		cargo_carried = "1 Machinery";
		roles = "rescue_blackbox_generic";
		unpiloted = "yes";
	};
to this:

"rescue_blackbox_generic" = {
		like_ship = "rescue_blackbox_template";
		cargo_type = "CARGO_CARRIED";
		cargo_carried = "1 machinery";
		roles = "rescue_blackbox_generic";
		unpiloted = "yes";
	};
and then the black box is scooped as machinery, appears in my hold as machinery, and is removed when I dock. That would seem to indicate that the core code is not recognising the capitalised version of "Machinery".
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

phkb wrote:
That would seem to indicate that the core code is not recognising the capitalised version of "Machinery".
That makes sense in the light of the new commodity system, that "machinery" would then be the commodity key in trade-goods.plist. If this really is the case, then wiki is badly off.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Tonight's build will have a fix to allow names again as this wasn't an intentional compatibility break, though keys are probably better for use long-term anyway.