Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

[Release] Stations for Extra Planets

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Stations for Extra Planets oxp 1.6

Post by Diziet Sma »

SirArian wrote:
In Trunk the stations have no market.
IIRC, markets in Trunk are a moving target just now.. such things are to be expected during development.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Venator Dha
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Venator Dha »

SirArian wrote:

Code: Select all

"market_definition" = ();
...but it is just a copy of the main station market. It works as expected in 1.80. I'm not sure what causes it. There are no error messages in the log that seem to be relevant. (There are a few of them about sub-entity definitions being deprecated, but I don't think that would cause problems.)
If you add something like

market_definition = (
			{
				"type" = "default";
				"price_multiplier" = 0.95;
				"price_randomiser" = 0.25;
				"quantity_adder" = 2;
				"quantity_multiplier" = 0.85;
				"quantity_randomiser" = 1.05;
				"capacity" = 97;
			}
into the

sfep_template
in the shipdata.plist then you should get some market variation with generally slightly lower prices.
Taurus Driving through the galaxy since... .
SirArian
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by SirArian »

Diziet Sma: I remembered after I posted it that the ConStores hadn't had markets either, so I installed a few more extra stations and they too didn't have markets, so I figured it was a problem with Trunk not being the same as previous versions and not a problem with the OXPs. :)

Venator Dha: It doesn't seem to do anything... Thanks anyway.
EDIT: Or maybe it does... That's odd. But thanks all the more, now! :lol:
"May Duralium ever stand between you and the Vacuum."
Venator Dha
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Venator Dha »

SirArian wrote:
Venator Dha: It doesn't seem to do anything... Thanks anyway.
EDIT: Or maybe it does... That's odd. But thanks all the more, now! :lol:
Sir Arian: Have I got it right that it's working for you now?
The numbers I used mean that there's not much price differences between the main and the extra stations, so that might look the same on casual inspection. More info on the numbers can be found on Secondary_Market_Definitions. There is more that can be done, such as different markets for different types of station.
SirArian
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by SirArian »

Yeah, it did work at first I think, it just took a couple jumps for it to take effect. At first there was still no market, but it works fine now. I did alter the numbers some, so the markets are sometimes very different, (I have seen computers for 120 something credits,) but still (very) roughly follows the same theme as the main system station. I went and read the thread on 1.82 markets, so now I understand why it was changed. It also looks like there is a lot of opportunity for more interesting cargo in the future. :) (Like having a New Cargoes market station rather than just an f4 interface...)
Venator Dha
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Venator Dha »

SirArian wrote:
Yeah, it did work at first I think, it just took a couple jumps for it to take effect.At first there was still no market, but it works fine now.
My understanding is that any stations in the system that you had visited before changing the file would have been in your save game and not reset until you left & re-entered the system.
SirArian wrote:
I did alter the numbers some, so the markets are sometimes very different, (I have seen computers for 120 something credits,) but still (very) roughly follows the same theme as the main system station. I went and read the thread on 1.82 markets, so now I understand why it was changed. It also looks like there is a lot of opportunity for more interesting cargo in the future. :) (Like having a New Cargoes market station rather than just an f4 interface...)
Yes it could be one of the most interesting changes. This is probablyalmost certainly :lol: not the best way to do it, but I copied the trade-goods.plist into the AddOns folder and have been adding my own goods to it, which add more variety. A couple of examples:

"caviar" = {
		"name" = "Caviar";
		"classes" = ("oolite-consumer","oolite-edible","oolite-farming");
		"quantity_unit" = 1;  // 1=kg
		"peak_export" = 6; // Av Ag
		"peak_import" = 0; // Rich Ind
		"price_average" = 1250; // decicredits
		"price_economic" = 0.56;
		"price_random" = 0.16;
		"quantity_average" = 1.25; // gets rounded
		"quantity_economic" = 0.25;
		"quantity_random" = 1.25;
		"legality_export" = 0;
		"legality_import" = 0;
		"trumble_opinion" = 1.5;
		"sort_order" = 120;
		"comment" = "Fish eggs! considered a delicacy on some worlds.";
	};

"dreamweavers" = {
		"name" = "Dreamweavers";
		"classes" = ("oolite-consumer","oolite-dangerous","oolite-restricted","oolite-medical");
		"quantity_unit" = 0;
		"peak_export" = 1; // Av Ind
		"peak_import" = 5; // Rich Ag
		"price_average" = 1800; // decicredits
		"price_economic" = 0.1;
		"price_random" = 0.85;
		"quantity_average" = 7.25; // gets rounded
		"quantity_economic" = 0.5;
		"quantity_random" = 1.51;
		"legality_export" = 1;
		"legality_import" = 2;
		"trumble_opinion" = 0.5;
		"sort_order" = 710;
		"comment" = "Mind altering Nanobots. Import & export is illegal.";
	};
SirArian
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by SirArian »

That looks fun... I should do that with the Constores... Since they are also broken by the new format, and it might be interesting to try to find a way to make a profit going from Constore to Constore buying and selling specialty cargo. (Especially since New Cargoes is also broken...) How does it show up in your manifest? Does it say
Manifest wrote:
Caviar x 19438 kg
Now that I think about it, it might be more trouble than it's worth to add special cargo to just the Constores... I may just add it to the standard market, like you have done/are doing.
Venator Dha
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Venator Dha »

SirArian wrote:
That looks fun... I should do that with the Constores... Since they are also broken by the new format, and it might be interesting to try to find a way to make a profit going from Constore to Constore buying and selling specialty cargo. (Especially since New Cargoes is also broken...) How does it show up in your manifest? Does it say
Manifest wrote:
Caviar x 19438 kg
Yes I think it is, and there's lots of potential here.
It shows as
2kg x Caviar
(just like Platinum) as I have it, it's in very low quantities.
SirArian wrote:
Now that I think about it, it might be more trouble than it's worth to add special cargo to just the Constores... I may just add it to the standard market, like you have done/are doing.
Specifics for stations is a bit beyond me at the moment :) There are ways to make some goods more specific as per Rock hermits but I've no looked closely at them, and I'm sure a wizard OXPer could make something very interesting.
SirArian
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by SirArian »

Venator Dha wrote:
Yes I think it is, and there's lots of potential here.
It shows as
2kg x Caviar
(just like Platinum) as I have it, it's in very low quantities.

Oh yeah, the amount comes first. It makes more sense too, if you consider the fact that you can read "x" as "of." 2kg of Caviar makes more sense than Caviar of 2kg... :lol: (Unless, of course, there is a fish that is called 2kg... ;) )
Venator Dha wrote:
Specifics for stations is a bit beyond me at the moment :) There are ways to make some goods more specific as per Rock hermits but I've no looked closely at them, and I'm sure a wizard OXPer could make something very interesting.
It might be a fun project to work on though! (I think we should probably make another thread if we are going to though, so that we can give this one back to Spara...)
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Stations for Extra Planets

Post by spara »

Oxp updated to 1.7.1. Big thanks to CaptSolo for updating Torus station, some of PAGroove's stations and Griff's old dock. They all look spectacular 8) . Be sure to visit them, if you happen to spot them :D .

* Markets work with Oolite 1.81. The farther the station is, more variance the prices will have.
* Beacon labels fixed to show the station name.
* Torus Station update by CaptSolo.
* GASECBlue Dodecahedron Station, FrontierTech Worldranger Icosahedron Station and Metaforce Coriolis Station update by CaptSolo.
* Griff's old dock update by CaptSolo.
Venator Dha
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Venator Dha »

Hi Spara,
There doesn't seem to be any stations generated when I launch.
Using latest trunk.
I'm getting the following in the log

Opening log for Oolite development version 1.81-141208 (x86-64 test release) under Mac OS X Version 10.10.1 (Build 14B25) at 2014-12-08 22:16:38 +0000.
Machine type: iMac11,2, 12288 MiB memory, 2 (4 logical) x x86 (Westmere) @ 3200 MHz.
Build options: OpenAL, new planets, JavaScript console support, Debug plug-in support, OXP verifier, localization tools, debug GraphViz support, JavaScript profiling.

23:16:53.512 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (System Redux 0.7): TypeError: system.addShips(stationRole, 1, pos, 0) is null
23:16:53.512 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]:       /Users/..../Desktop/Oolite-Trunks/oolite-trunk-1/AddOns/Stations_for_extra_planets_1.7.1.oxz/Scripts/sfep_script.js, line 66.
23:16:53.558 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (System Redux 0.7): TypeError: system.addShips(stationRole, 1, pos, 0) is null
23:16:53.558 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]:       /Users/..../Desktop/Oolite-Trunks/oolite-trunk-1/AddOns/Stations_for_extra_planets_1.7.1.oxz/Scripts/sfep_script.js, line 66.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Hello Venator Dha and thanks for reporting :D .

You're using mac, right? Those errors usually mean errors in shipdata.plist that works fine in linux but not in mac. Mac is a lot pickier here. I went through the plist by hand and found three offending lines that will cause problems in mac. Could you please download and test this version and if it works I'll update the one in the manager.

Download: https://app.box.com/s/86urkqdy1dn9rypenq74
Amah
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: aboard the Laenina Crowne - Yasen-N class space freighter

Post by Amah »

Hej Spara & Captn Solo,

Great! Thanks spara for the new sfep!

The update Griff dockingbay look nice. is it ok for me to include it for the Z_GrOovy noshader stations?
Amah
Venator Dha
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Venator Dha »

spara wrote:
Hello Venator Dha and thanks for reporting :D .

You're using mac, right? Those errors usually mean errors in shipdata.plist that works fine in linux but not in mac. Mac is a lot pickier here. I went through the plist by hand and found three offending lines that will cause problems in mac. Could you please download and test this version and if it works I'll update the one in the manager.

Download: https://app.box.com/s/86urkqdy1dn9rypenq74
Hi Spara, Yes I'm on a mac. Sadly there's still something not right, I'm still getting the same error. :(
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

spara wrote:
Mac is a lot pickier...
<Smivs chuckles at the thought of all the Mac users sputtering over their Latte's and muttering about sloppy Windows and Linux machines.>
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.