Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Tionisla Reporter

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: Tionisla Reporter

Post by Eric Walch »

"with a full camera and no good picture" you get the same as when you start the mission and immediately dock again: no response. But you still have pictures left to finish the mission.
gmkeros
Poor
Poor

Post by gmkeros »

Hmm... the description on the stations said that Erewhon station has become a bit of a free trade zone, but for some reason there are neither prices nor goods available on the station itself. Is that intentional?

Also: does the planet disappear when one finishes the mission? Or would it be possible to visit it again?
Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tricky »

gmkeros wrote:
Hmm... the description on the stations said that Erewhon station has become a bit of a free trade zone, but for some reason there are neither prices nor goods available on the station itself. Is that intentional?

Also: does the planet disappear when one finishes the mission? Or would it be possible to visit it again?
So long as you keep the OXP installed you can visit the station as much as you want.

As for prices… until the OXP is updated for v1.77 there won't be any market in the station.
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

gmkeros wrote:
Not intentional, the oxp even contains a specific market. But Oolite does not allow a market in interstellar space. btw: it is Erehwon. It looks strange when spelled the other way.
mossfoot
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mossfoot »

I'd love to see some more of these types of missions (reporter gigs I mean).

Capture pictures of an elusive alien ship, for example? A ship graveyard? Be a war correspondent looking for pics of thargoid attacks? ;)
--
Pilot: Mossfoot - Ship ID: Viaticus Rex (Cobra MKII)

http://www.noahchinnbooks.com/
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

Commander Redec wrote:
Hi,

New Commander here. This is my first post on this forum.

I have problems with this mission. I got to Tionisla and accepted the mission and got a Tionisla camera and the mission said I should go to Biorle. I did so and after several dockings at Biorle, I finally got the message about "pulling hard". Fine.

I have now travelled between Biorle and Usle and other nearby planets several times, and tried both pulling and pushing the joystick when the witch jump timer reach 2 seconds, but I think my witch jump thing is just to stable. It just get me to the target planets instead of a miss jump.

I'm totally lost. Has I missed anything?

/ Commander Redec
There's an equipment oxp you'd be interested in, the "Misjump inducer".
It does exactly as it reads on the box, forces a witchdrive malfunction and throws you into Thargoid space. Prime it, trigger it, say hello to the bugs.
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
Cmmdr Eclipse
Poor
Poor

Post by Cmmdr Eclipse »

Hello there friends! I've managed to find the planet in question, but there is no space station?
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

The station is in the usual place, orbiting close by the planet, but there's no beacon because the compass doesn't work in interstellar space.
Mazur
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Mazur »

I'm currently on this mission, witchjumping from Biorle to Usle and forcing the misjump, but I always end up in interstellar space with the thargoids, and only .6 LY fuel left, and both Biorle and Usle about 3 LY away, so I'm stranded, with no place to go. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to get to any system where I can refuel and retry? Or is my only option to buy the 3 LY standby fuel tank to be able to get back? As it is, I keep having to reload the last savefile and retry my luck.
User Mazur, Commander Vatta, Hyperspace Delivery Boy.
Squeaky clean, utterly harmless, rank amateur.
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

Mazur wrote:
I'm currently on this mission, witchjumping from Biorle to Usle and forcing the misjump, but I always end up in interstellar space with the thargoids, and only .6 LY fuel left, and both Biorle and Usle about 3 LY away, so I'm stranded, with no place to go. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to get to any system where I can refuel and retry? Or is my only option to buy the 3 LY standby fuel tank to be able to get back? As it is, I keep having to reload the last savefile and retry my luck.
Vs bayl gurer jnf fbzr jnl gb whzc sebz Ovbeyr gb Hfyr jvgubhg znxvat lbhe bja jbezubyr!

http://www.rot13.com/
Mazur
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Mazur »

Disembodied wrote:
Mazur wrote:
Vs bayl gurer jnf fbzr jnl gb whzc sebz Ovbeyr gb Hfyr jvgubhg znxvat lbhe bja jbezubyr!

http://www.rot13.com/
Ah, rot13, that takes me back... Let me check if they've dumped tr(1) from the standard installation yet, as they did with rot13. Nope, still there.

Yes, I've read about riding on someone's coattails on this board, or I would not even ever have known about it, but I don't see how to force the misjump that way, as there is no countdown arriving at 2. But maybe that just takes practice, I've only made one jump this way, thus far.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

When at midway between Biorle and Usle, is there no station by the planet? There should be!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Mazur
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Mazur »

Cody wrote:
When at midway between Biorle and Usle, is there no station by the planet? There should be!
Nothing but Interstellar Space and Thargoids, and no ASC targets. But I just managed to force a misjump while piggybacking, so that question is resolved, for me. Used a nearby system so I was (more) certain to be able to jump back. Now going to try the Usle run again. And maybe temporarily have a telescope on board (I dislike the many white dots, makes it harder to look for derelicts to tow.)
Cody

Post by Cody »

Mazur wrote:
Nothing but Interstellar Space and Thargoids, and no ASC targets.
The compass doesn't work in IS anyway - but no planet? The OXP must be broken.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Mazur
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Mazur »

Cody wrote:
Mazur wrote:
Nothing but Interstellar Space and Thargoids, and no ASC targets.
The compass doesn't work in IS anyway - but no planet? The OXP must be broken.
Not that I noticed, but mind you, I had Thargoids to deal with, first, and from a distance is the only I manage that so far, so i have to run to the limit and fry one at full length, then do the same with the next one, so by the time I'm done, I have strayed from the witchpoint exit.
Hm, I could try to drop a waypoint.