Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Science Fiction Trivia

Post by ffutures »

OK, this is an odd one...

Maniac Mansion: Day of the Purple Tentacle (1993), a graphics comedy computer game involving time travel and an evil alien tentacle with a couple of teeny arms that wants to rule the world. Lot's of travelling backward and forward in time and changing history etc. The Tentacle, as depicted on the box cover, has three visible suction cups.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_of_the_Tentacle
https://sf-encyclopedia.com/entry/mania ... e_tentacle

RockDoctor
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by RockDoctor »

Disembodied with Alan Moore's squid avocado molester for first place and ffutures for second with DC's less childish offering.
And NiteOwl gets third for I was watching a few weeks ago, raising a yentacle to the ghost of Harryhausen!
And now it looks like ffutures is trying for the Chalice again.
ffutures wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 8:06 pm
OK, this is an odd one...

Maniac Mansion: Day of the Purple Tentacle (1993), a graphics comedy computer game involving time travel and an evil alien tentacle with a couple of teeny arms that wants to rule the world.
Masochist!
Although it looks like one of the less-silly clown hats I've seen, it does indeed seem to be be-suckered. So it fits. And 4th place goes to ffutures - who I now declare, arbitrarily and without precedent, to be locked out of this round, pour encourager les autres. Though the Navy did have precedent for tuering that amiral.
Come on - there's at least one filmic tentacle-monster who has appeared on screen twice (at least), hanging around doing it's best impersonation of salty, low hanging suckable fruit.
--
Shooting aliens for fun and ... well, more fun.
"Speaking as an outsider, what do you think of the human race?" (John Cooper Clark - "I married a Space Alien")
RockDoctor
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by RockDoctor »

Come on - does nobody know the name of the book and film(s) in which this nameless one appeared.
--
Shooting aliens for fun and ... well, more fun.
"Speaking as an outsider, what do you think of the human race?" (John Cooper Clark - "I married a Space Alien")