Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Argh! ATI!

News and discussion of the PC port of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Solas
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Solas »

Screet said ..
"I am really curious if this problem depicted above is the same reported here:"
http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview. ... erthread=y

OK .. I can now confirm no similarity between your problem and the ATI forum one ..
none of the OpenGL variables he mentioned are in the Oolite codebase.
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Solas wrote:
OK .. I can now confirm no similarity between your problem and the ATI forum one ..
none of the OpenGL variables he mentioned are in the Oolite codebase.
PHEW. At least some good news! Then the Linux ooliteers won't have a problem with that one!

Thank you very much for the investigation!!!

Screet
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

*GRRR*

ATI just closed my inquiry as "solved" without doing so. Asus just tells me that they cannot reproduce my problems.

Thus I think I go for the option to return the 4870x2 as defective/missing advertised properites (I don't care which one is it, I just want to get rid of it when it's so slow).

In order to speed this up and be able to return the 4870x2 tomorrow, I replaced it with my old X1550 which uses system memory instead of having fast onboard-memory.

Guess what...the FPS rates with Oolite are just the same! There's NO SPEED DIFFERENCE in OpenGL between the X1550 and the 4870x2!

Those guys at ATI really messed up...probably they should repay all their customers...

EDIT: Driver Feedback form says "the survey is ended" - it's not possible to send in anymore feedback?!?

Screet