Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Trunk nightly

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Re: Trunk nightly

Post by Norby »

cim wrote:
The problem is I think then with the no-draw distance in the first place.
Thank you for the details. I have no problem with the current no-draw formula due to I can set the same size (30m) in the top level flasher and use it as the first lightball or give them black color which hide it perfectly.
You can fix the recursive search of the largest object if you want or leave it as is, I am happy with the current workaround.
irondoll
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post by irondoll »

Hi, sorry if I report something already known, I'm new to the Ooverse (well I played oolite a bit many years ago). I've downloaded the latest nightly (1.82.0.150506-dev) and using a retina MBP in the "default for display" (1440x900HiDPI) mode in either fullscreen or windowed mode I see the planets cut to the bottom quarter of the display:

http://i.imgur.com/ml4YD7W.png

Screenshots using * are also cut off:

http://i.imgur.com/YQsyO4b.png

If I force HiDPI mode off then everything draws OK in Oolite, but then many of my apps break. I tried this with a new commander in strict mode assuming this should deactivate any extensions I've installed?

EDIT: OS X 10.10.4 (14E11f) rMBP 10,1

Thanks for all your hard work!!! :D
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Welcome aboard, irondoll - sorry that you've had no response yet, but we have very few Mac users around lately.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
kanthoney
Commodore
Commodore

Post by kanthoney »

I've opened a github issue for you about the problem. As Cody says, we're a bit short on Mac developers at the moment, and it's not going to be easy to fix without one.
kanthoney
Commodore
Commodore

Post by kanthoney »

Can you confirm your display drivers are up to date? And is anybody else playing on anything with a retina display?
irondoll
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post by irondoll »

Thanks Cody and kanthoney. The GPU drivers are kept up-to-date with OS updates — I am currently running a public beta of the next point release 10.10.4, I can't easily revert to test if this happens in older OS releases but I suspect this is not a driver issue. If I can find another retina machine will test it there. I've added some more detail to the github bug report.

Thanks for your time!
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Tiny, little detail. Ship library, accessible from F4, exits to status screen. For the sake of consistency, it would be nicer if it returned to the interfaces.
jh145
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by jh145 »

Another tiny issue: scrolling off the top of the displayed portion of the OXZ list in the OXZ Manager puts you into the mini menu at the bottom of the screen (correct) unless it's the first page in the list (bug, or at least "weird"). No such issue exists with scrolling off the bottom of the displayed portion of the OXZ list.

One more if I may: F2 -> "End Game and Return to Menu", if "clicked" by hitting Enter, jumps straight through the menu to the "Start New Commander" screen (bug), but works fine if "clicked" with the mouse. Probably an issue with scanning the keyboard too early? (I think I've seen this in other places, too, but I can't remember where.)

Both seen just now on 1.82.0.6506; probably also applies to previous versions though I've not checked.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

jh145 wrote:
One more if I may: F2 -> "End Game and Return to Menu", if "clicked" by hitting Enter, jumps straight through the menu to the "Start New Commander" screen (bug), but works fine if "clicked" with the mouse. Probably an issue with scanning the keyboard too early? (I think I've seen this in other places, too, but I can't remember where.)
I don't think I can reproduce this one. What platform are you seeing this on?
jh145
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by jh145 »

another_commander wrote:
jh145 wrote:
I don't think I can reproduce this one. What platform are you seeing this on?
I'm using Ubuntu 13.04 LTS.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

jh145 wrote:
Another tiny issue:
One more if I may:
Should both be fixed in tonight's build. Thanks for the report.
spara wrote:
Tiny, little detail. Ship library, accessible from F4, exits to status screen. For the sake of consistency, it would be nicer if it returned to the interfaces.
Also fixed for tonight's build.
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

Trunk nightly says Unknown of Unknown where it used to display the MBs downloaded of the total.
It did the same when updating the OXZ listing (which it did) and now I'm trying to download BGS update and angry b/c I don't know how much has been downloaded already.

Win 7 64 bit, same connection as always. Haven't played in a few months though and the net sometimes acts up, as always.
Getafix
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: A small ice asteroid, orbiting Oresrati in Galaxy 8 (a.k.a. northwest Armorica).

Post by Getafix »

Downloading the list initially displays "unknown of unknown" but it recovers showing the actual size.
For BGS Background Set it breaks, indeed. Testing with some other oxps (new download or update) does not show the issue.

What is the second one that had the issue, again?
"Any sufficiently advanced information is indistinguishable from noise." [Newman, Lachmann, Moore]
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Same here. Attempting to download BGS pops up the message that the download has failed and the log contains this:

Code: Select all

15:28:21.998 [oxz.manager.error]: Downloaded OXZ does not contain a manifest.plist, has been left in C:\OoliteProject/OoliteTrunk64.app/GNUstep/Library/Caches/org.aegidian.oolite/Oolite-download.oxz
Looks like a problem with the uploaded file to be honest, other OXPs download and show downloaded percentage normally.
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

Re-checking, indeed only BGS is problematic (I was able to update all others and re-update the list after deleting my Engine Trails and the display worked). Maybe the game should cancel the download automatically if the manifest is missing/corrupt?